Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Technicals are bad but...  (Read 1900 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:23:52 AM

Nobody is going to invest their 401K in an asset that lost 80% in a year.

LOL

No indeed, why would they buy an undervalued asset?

Buy high, sell low!

because it could fall even lower, is bitcoin really undervaluted? what if the current price is too much for it

remember that the value of bitcoin is given by people, it has nothing to do with the supply cap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:48:12 PM

In order for something to be be undervalued, it has to have value in the first place. 

If you really think Bitcoin has no value, why have you been wasting your time on here for the last year?
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:53:59 PM

In order for something to be be undervalued, it has to have value in the first place. 

If you really think Bitcoin has no value, why have you been wasting your time on here for the last year?

Entertainment and warning people to stay away after some idiot tried to convince my retired father to invest his retirement money in a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. Saved him like $50K in losses he was about to invest

Ive personally saved 9 people from losing about $200K in total by telling them to stay away from bubble highs.  Feel great about that

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:28:11 PM

Entertainment and warning people to stay away after some idiot tried to convince my retired father to invest his retirement money in a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. Saved him like $50K in losses he was about to invest

Ive personally saved 9 people from losing about $200K in total by telling them to stay away from bubble highs.  Feel great about that

There's nothing wrong with telling people not to invest during bubble highs, but to say that Bitcoin has no value is intentionally misleading. I think your continued feeling of self-importance over saving people from their own stupidity is preventing you from seeing Bitcoin in a balanced way, unfortunately.
twiifm

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:14:22 PM

There's nothing wrong with telling people not to invest during bubble highs, but to say that Bitcoin has no value is intentionally misleading. I think your continued feeling of self-importance over saving people from their own stupidity is preventing you from seeing Bitcoin in a balanced way, unfortunately.

Nope its has no value as in value investing because price is purely speculative.  In order for you determine value you need fundamentals. 
Things like risk adjusted return

Besides from that the economics are all wrong.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 05:26:17 PM

Nope its has no value as in value investing because price is purely speculative.  In order for you determine value you need fundamentals. 

@twiifm i hope they are understanding when they miss out on the next bitcoin rise
twiifm

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:45:16 PM

@twiifm i hope they are understanding when they miss out on the next bitcoin rise

You think bitcoin is the only investment in the world?
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 10:30:09 PM

You think bitcoin is the only investment in the world?

Nope I like other hard assets too, gold, silver, land, properties. Steering well away from stock market though. Without going into huge detail I think global economy is not recovering as people in media proclaim and huge turmoil awaits. Hard assets (and likely bitcoin too) will protect from currency events.

Anyway, didn't mean to sound rude was going to go back and edit my comment but forgot. Point I'm trying to make is that although you gave great advice when bitcoin was in a huge bubble due to correct but now the market is very different from then. The correction could be over is it wise to continue to steer people out of bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: