Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:50:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Silver/Bitcoin Market  (Read 5399 times)
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2010, 09:36:29 AM

This is something I'd like to see.

A site offers to sell some standard unit of silver, SAE in good condition, for example, at some price with shipping already included. The purchaser gets silver credited to their account and can request that it be mailed anytime they wish, they can also sell their silver to others using a market similar to the one at MtGox.

Being able to convert between BTC and metal would be pretty cool imo.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

September 08, 2010, 10:41:45 AM

I am in touch with AOCS http://www.opencurrency.com/ in regards to becoming the bitcoin trade co-ordinator. In future I hope it is possible to actually mint silver bitcoins if there is enough interest.

Smiley
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2010, 10:44:44 AM

I am in touch with AOCS http://www.opencurrency.com/ in regards to becoming the bitcoin trade co-ordinator. In future I hope it is possible to actually mint silver bitcoins if there is enough interest.

Smiley

Meaning a silver coin with the bitcoin logo? That would be neat. I like some of the coins they have, but they were overpriced last I looked (if I'm even thinking of the right site). I realize it costs money to set up and unless they sell a ton they have to be quite a bit over.

Anonymous

September 08, 2010, 11:36:58 AM

Smiley

Meaning a silver coin with the bitcoin logo? That would be neat. I like some of the coins they have, but they were overpriced last I looked (if I'm even thinking of the right site). I realize it costs money to set up and unless they sell a ton they have to be quite a bit over.

Yeah it would be more for the novelty value. People are free to offer suggestions as to how this sort of thing could be done. Probably trawling ebay listings for suppliers would also be good if you lived in the US.
Immanuel

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2010, 05:40:44 PM

There's one guy who is selling "junk" .7 silver coins for bitcoins. If there is enough demand, I'd be willing to sell 1 oz. bullion silver bars at 30% over spot shipping included.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
Immanuel

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2010, 05:42:03 PM

Smiley

http://www.sunshinemint.com/Custom-Minting.htm

These guys are another option.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
Anonymous

September 09, 2010, 12:27:23 AM

Smiley

http://www.sunshinemint.com/Custom-Minting.htm

These guys are another option.

Thanks for the link. It would need a certain amount of interest before an actual silver bitcoin would be designed and minted. Has anyone heard of a challenge coin?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin . If there is ever a bitcoin conference people could produce their bitcoin challenge coins to get a round of beer from those who dont have their coin on them. Cheesy
bitwaffle

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2010, 03:03:20 AM

There's one guy who is selling "junk" .7 silver coins for bitcoins. If there is enough demand, I'd be willing to sell 1 oz. bullion silver bars at 30% over spot shipping included.

Yep, I like it. I have some 2010 1oz Silver American Eagles & 1oz 2010 Silver Canadian Maple Leafs...would 450BTC shipped CONUS seem like a fair price?
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2010, 08:39:50 AM

Yep, I like it. I have some 2010 1oz Silver American Eagles & 1oz 2010 Silver Canadian Maple Leafs...would 450BTC shipped CONUS seem like a fair price?

Seems high to me.

bitwaffle

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2010, 11:45:43 AM

Well... a 2010 silver American Eagle is $22/$23 (today)... how much additional is shipping/insurance? I would think you'd need delivery confirmation and all of the widgets the post office can sell you because just one non-delivery without being able to post proof of sending it would be enough to spoil trust. I mean, is the goal to get a *good deal* on silver or to get more 'stuff' for sale in bitcoins?
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2010, 12:14:20 PM

Well... a 2010 silver American Eagle is $22/$23 (today)... how much additional is shipping/insurance? I would think you'd need delivery confirmation and all of the widgets the post office can sell you because just one non-delivery without being able to post proof of sending it would be enough to spoil trust. I mean, is the goal to get a *good deal* on silver or to get more 'stuff' for sale in bitcoins?

Okay, I was thinking of 6 months ago when I walked into a dealer, obviously having a coin sent is different and the price is up since then too. 450 doesn't seem so bad. Also, I'm probably off of reality from the great silver deals I've been getting on biddingpond.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 05:11:49 PM

Oops I deleted a response to this thread by mistake.

So I was saying that I exist now, and that I've already succeeded in selling a one once silver coin.

Plus, two mini gold 1g bars have been bought, and are currently being shipped.  One to France, and an other one to Germany.

BitCoinsForGold

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:08:24 AM

Hello, I am trying to start that bitcoin market, and make a steady reliable way for people to turn thier bitcoins into currency and vice versa
Its interesting to see how far things have come since this thread was started, check out mine below for my current special

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19862.0
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:17:21 AM

I would Love someone who would start a btc to silver/gold that ships to the uk without taking my eyes out with shipping.. seems like a lot of things are US based atm
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:30:52 PM

Hi there , Mick bruce (uk)
  I'm currently offering 2004 1oz .999 silver eagles (mint cond.)for spot+45%+85p within the uk. You can contact me via mjb_monetary_metals@yahoo.co.uk

Or visit mjbmonetarymetals.co.uk , any stock there can also be bought using bitcoins, this is done manually at the moment but I'm looking to integrate it into the site soon .

(Im afraid the Aocs mint will not reproduce the bitcoin logo , as the 'B' logo is the symbol for the thai baht the currency of Thailand)

Bitrated user: Mick.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:44:56 PM

Bitrated user: Mick.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary