Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is bittrex safe  (Read 9447 times)
vince232 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:09:28 AM

is it safe to leave your coins in trex or better to store it up in my wallet?

i store my long term coins in my wallet but i definitely have coins that i trade.

im getting pissed with trex to wallet and wallet to trex confirmation time
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:59:35 AM

store your coins to a wallet that is fully controlled by you, not in 3rd party wallets
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:03:16 AM

no need to store them there, deposit is fast enough with bittrex, they have 2fa, they should be safe enough anyway

better to hold them on your local client
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:07:14 AM

is it safe to leave your coins in trex or better to store it up in my wallet?

i store my long term coins in my wallet but i definitely have coins that i trade.

im getting pissed with trex to wallet and wallet to trex confirmation time

Do you prefer to compromise the security of your coins only for some confirmation time ?  Roll Eyes
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:43:04 AM

He also mean to say that he dont want to download another blockchain (altcoin wallet). That is just like me. I bought some altcoin today and sell them tomorrow. There is no need to download another wallet if you bought the coin for short term investment. Bittrex should be safe enough.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
vince232 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:48:21 AM

well that is why i store my really long term coins at my wallet.

but i also day trade. there are times when i want to sell then because of confirmation time someone dumped ahead of me

is trex more secure than bter? or maybe hacker will only steal btc and not other alt
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:03:59 AM

but i also day trade. there are times when i want to sell then because of confirmation time someone dumped ahead of me

is trex more secure than bter? or maybe hacker will only steal btc and not other alt

Bter has been hacked and as far as I know Bittrex has not been hacked yet. Most of the time if an exchange gets hacked only the high value coins get stolen. If you are trading in low value shit coins they are unlikely to be stolen if an exchange is hacked.

There are no guarantees though, when Cryptoine was hacked some shit coins were stolen along with the bitcoins.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:20:32 AM

It really doesn't matter if you store your coins on bittrex, poloniex or cryptsy..  as long as you don't control the wallet consider your coins are not secure.. even the biggest BTC exchanges got hacked (bitstamp for example..)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: