Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash/Dark Corporation involved in another SCAM  (Read 1462 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GTO911 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:23:34 PM

Dash Corporation headed by CEO Evan Duffield has been found to be involved in another major SCAM

The corporations foundation chairman, Masternode has apparently been found to sharing privileged information with associates to gain favour and insider tips

I really don't have much to say, but I guess I need to reply to some of the diatribe coming from Masternode who I will refer to as Ed from here on (director of the Darkcoin Foundation he is so proud of). Much of this has already been covered at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg10722912#msg10722912.

Ed is just sore because I cut him out of my confidence and when he tried to scare me into submission, I didn’t play ball. He has admitted to trading on the privileged information he had (and tries to justify it as being OK because the “markets are unregulated”, just what you’d expect from someone without any moral compass), so I don't really know what more to say. Who do you really think the "conman" is he is referring to? Projection is a bitch.

Obviously, he is someone who trades information with his friends and associates to gain favour (and get reciprocal insider tips). It's clear he is trying to divert attention away from the fact viacoin isn’t performing as he promised those he advised based on his "insider knowledge". But that's what happens if you are dishonourable and leaky.

The funny thing is he used to get offended every time I went to discuss something or get some advice that I would repeat "promise you wont share this". My reason for discussing things with him was because he had convinced me he was experienced, was well connected and trying to help the project and could give me good advice and assistance, something I was obviously excited about because I am “just a dev”. Otherwise I’d have no reason to discuss anything with anyone unless they are directly involved.

Ed is clearly a vengeful man making good on his threats to me to make it so I "never work in this space again" and make things "get ugly" (referring to price). He's pursuing an agenda of accusations, twisting fact and conveniently forgetting details of conversations that don’t help his cause.

I am doing my best not to stoop to his level and avoid involving innocent bystanders to prove points. Ed is a professional poker player, and a good one at that (look him up) and he’s “playing poker” right now. He knows I wont leak things publicly about him that involve others. I don’t use others as pawns in stupid cat fights, so he knows he can bluff when he goads me and then can point out “look, see Drak couldn’t come up with anything when I pressed him to back up his accusations with proof”. Good bluff, but Ed, I’m not an immoral person willing to stop at nothing to get my way. Ed on the other hand is quite happy to blurt out whatever he pleases to try and win points to hurt not only me, but the project and everyone connected with it.

There’s another indicator: on the one hand he claims to have "written viacoin off" yet he just can’t seem to let go, I wonder why? He's waited until enough pages have gone by that people will not see the incredibly embarrassing things he admitted to. You know, months ago when he started threatening me in private, I offered to find him an OTC buyer, and he refused back then too when via was 11k-12k satoshi at the time. Back then I believe he was trying to scare me into letting him back in my confidence. Now he is trying to build a plausible story so he doesn't lose face with people he told to buy via based on his insider view.

When I launched viacoin I wrote about my vision on the blog. I presented my ideas what what I was going to do. I have delivered on the original milestones and been going further. I prefer to under promise and over deliver. I am very curious to know what fuss Ed is kicking up about here?

Viacoin is not a startup and was never pitched as such. I simply stated what I was going to do and how I was going to launch the project. Ed wants to treat viacoin as a startup because it fits with his narrative. Ed is trying to make out no good faith efforts have been made with the project, again check the facts: http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/428388/The-official-Viacoin-timeline/. Most adoption and news can been directly attributable to my efforts.

Viacoin is not a startup, it is an open source, decentralised software project. He doesnt understand this because his profession is startups, not technology.

Ed is taking advantage of people here. In a previous post he claims not to have sold any viacoin, yet when we spoke many many months ago, he told me he'd been buying up more but as the price dropped, he'd been selling. So why is he claiming that he “never sold any viacoin” or “never daytraded”. Maybe like Bill Clinton, he never inhaled? Notice how he never backs up any of these claims with proof and even if he’s not sold his first coins, he most certainly has been buying and selling.

Viacoin is under assault by Ed while he shills and pumps Darkcoin in this very thread! A coin with a terrible history: disgusting instamine, multiple unplanned forks and ropey technology. A coin that claims to be decentralised when it is nothing of the sort. “But hey what the hell, the price is going up”. Funny how he is also a big holder of Darkcoin and also holds a major position on the Darkcoin Foundation. Check the threads, there is a clear pattern of behaviour.

Ed has been trying to "shut down" viacoin, which is of course silly as it is a decentralized system designed specifically to withstand centralized attacks (further demonstration he's treating viacoin like a startup company). Of course, he's slowly realising that so his next stance is to attack the coin economically with FUD and let’s not fool ourselves who is dumping and encouraging his close circle of friends he introduced to the project to do the same. Can anyone imagine the venom as he tell them "the project is lost", “Look at how terrible Drak is” etc etc. He is clearly passing blame to me to make himself look good and deflecting away from his own failings and immoral behaviour.

My main focus over the last 8 months has been to build a robust blockchain with high hashrate.  That's very unsexy work but without a robust blockchain, there's just no way to build secure real world applications.  As I said before some projects rejecting using the Viacoin blockchain because the hash rate was so low, in the region of 10-20GH/s. Well this weekend we touched 1TH/s for the first time!

The blog has always had information about the project from the very start and reasoning behind everything including the launch. Ed knows this, but no-one is going to read that stuff so he feels entitled to just rewrite history according to his own agenda by generating noise here. Worst, no-one will read a long 200 page thread and at most will only see the most recent comments.

In the end, Ed has only harmed the project and I regret having being fooled by this merciless confidence trickster. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m soft and naive. My default setting is to trust people and take them at their word. I expect people to be reasonable...

For everyone else who has been positive and helpful, you are a credit to yourselves.

Edward Moncada aka Masternode is attempting to make a big fuss because things didn’t go his way - I remember him telling me how he liked to “fuck over people” who “crossed him”. Well, this is what it looks like evidently. Shame he is willing to hurt others in the process to settle a score.

The truth is the project has been moving forward, stuff has been getting done, clearly I am still here. But things have not gone the way Ed wants (he was cut out of my confidence), so now he’s out for blood. Don’t be fooled by this man. He's clutching at straws and when sentiment went against him, uses his financial standing.

Ask yourself, who dumps to 500k coins to zero when there have been so many OTC floating around for months at much higher prices? Obviously not someone who wants to make a profit, but someone who doesn’t care about money because he has so much from screwing others that he is willing to spend good money to settle his vendetta!

Viacoin is about the technology. Whether the project succeeds or fails will be down to the technology and the network being robust.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:58:50 PM

I don't understand, where is the scam?

Also, why don't you say which Ed you are quoting about here.  You are implying that it is Ed Duffield.  Not that the other Ed seems to have done anything wrong.
GTO911 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:01:20 PM

Also, why don't you say which Ed you are quoting about here.  You are implying that it is Ed Duffield.  Not that the other Ed seems to have done anything wrong.

Read again
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:02:59 PM

Also, why don't you say which Ed you are quoting about here.  You are implying that it is Ed Duffield.  Not that the other Ed seems to have done anything wrong.

Read again

I just did.  Where is the scam?  Spell it out for the idiots amongst us.

I can see lots of unproven accusations of poor behaviour from Ed Moncada but no reference to a scam.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:09:33 PM

A totally uninformed question if I may.

GTO911 is crossposting some of this conversation as proof that the Darkcoin Foundation is conducting some kind of scam.  Can somebody explain to me how or why this would be the case?  I've read the last few pages and can't see any evidence to support this.

The user "masternode" seems to be a member of the Dash foundation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg10885041#msg10885041

(in other words: guilt by association, even if "masternode" was guilty of anything, which is not sure either)
GTO911 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:45:50 PM

"Ed" refers to Edward Moncada
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:05:08 PM

Why not let him have his say to explain himself?  I thought the post of his you deleted was very reasonable.
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:08:46 PM

Why not let him have his say to explain himself?  I thought the post of his you deleted was very reasonable.

They are quoting one persons rant and trying to push blatantly false information.  My response to Drak and his false claims are below, and highlights why this smear attempt is happening.  I've always been totally transparent, and anyone who takes the time to read that VIA thread and not just the silly post above will see what's really going on. 

"Oh dear god.  You just spent who knows how long trying to blast me, and completely avoided some very simple and important questions.  Drak you basically just did a 600 btc coin grab and rather than attempting to be honest with your community about that you choose instead to spend your time blasting me, making up stories, hoping that somehow this will distract your community from what's really happening.  You do however point out occassional truths in hopes that this will somehow make the rest of your false claims more believable.  (yes I'm on a crypto Foundation, and yes I was a successful poker player).   

You can say I'm vengeful all you want, but if anyone looks back closely at these posts, really ALL i have done is call you out on the 600 btc ICO funds and ask you to let your community know what happened to it and what you plan to do with it moving forward and maybe have some controls in place to ensure it's being used for what it was originally presented which is to advance the coin.  If anyone has started any kind of smear campaign to try and hurt anyone else, it should be very evident from your recent post which one of us that is."
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:53:33 PM

I'm not a fan of Dark but Drak is one to talk, a coinmarkets shill who fed inside info like the news of contracting Peter Todd to his buddies like Cobain and did nothing to quell the Zynga hype which was smoke and mirrors for more pump and dump tomfoolery. Having lots of twitter followers doesn't make you relevant or important.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:35:16 PM

I'm not a fan of Dark but Drak is one to talk, a coinmarkets shill who fed inside info like the news of contracting Peter Todd to his buddies like Cobain and did nothing to quell the Zynga hype which was smoke and mirrors for more pump and dump tomfoolery. Having lots of twitter followers doesn't make you relevant or important.

From what I have read I agree with you.  How GTO911 has turned this into an anti DASH thread claiming that a scam is taking place I do not know.  Simply pathetic.

Of course, these comments will be deleted shortly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: