Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:13:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest check: BTC-E account with $170 in it  (Read 585 times)
coyne1981 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:07:41 PM

Here's the story. I have had a btc-e account for years. Since before they required email confirmation on withdrawals. I no longer have the email associated with this account so I cannot withdrawal. I can trade all i want. Just can't withdrawal. The account is not stolen. Its my name here and many other places. My last name actually. I can show proof although this shouldn't be necessary. I'm thinking of selling this account at a huge discount of course. $25 maybe. This account still could be useful to someone.

Useful for:

A beginner looking to get into trading but not wanting to put up your own money yet. Test your strategy out with real money on the real exchange. See how you do.

Someone building a trading bot. BTC-E has an API. Test your bot out with this account.

Or, someone who has the patience to deal with BTC-E's support team and try to get the account e-mail changed. Then you'd have the entire $170/BTC/LTC.. whatever. If you speak Russian it would be a plus. Lol. I have tried support and it is a struggle, hence me giving up.

This account has been sitting there doing nothing for years now. I can post a screenshot of the trade history going way back if that makes a difference. We would use escrow of course.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:09:16 PM

Wow that really sucks.  How did you end up losing control of the email associated with this account?  There are no recovery options?  What email provider is it?
coyne1981 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:46:51 PM

Wow that really sucks.  How did you end up losing control of the email associated with this account?  There are no recovery options?  What email provider is it?

Its gmail, and I had 3 accounts with them. I just decided to get rid of the others and use one, not realizing that one was linked to my btc-e. Like i said, before you didnt need email confirmation to withdrawal so it wasn't even a thought in my head. I made plenty of withdrawals before that. After I erased it, they changed there policy and that was it. I know the password to the gmail account but it is deleted. I tried to recover the email account and gmail says this:

There are steps to change the email with btc-e and i have tried them, but their support is so awful to work with. I have gotten no where.

Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:14:26 PM

BTC-E will ask for an email confirmation if you try to log-in that account to a different computer its hard to sell a traders account if you know what i`m saying.
coyne1981 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:20:54 PM

BTC-E will ask for an email confirmation if you try to log-in that account to a different computer its hard to sell a traders account if you know what i`m saying.

That's false. I've logged in from my house, my fathers house, and my girlfriends house. On my desktop, his desktop, and an ipad, respectively. If that is a concern, I can provide proof of me logging in on different IP's.

Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:28:41 PM

If that`s the case good luck bro. i want to buy it but i leave in a different country Ie Asia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: