Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius Silver + Gold Single MS68  (Read 3790 times)
dumbchump

Activity: 496
Merit: 264

In memory of Zepher

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:24:14 AM

holy fuck stains 4btc!

i wonder how much i will be able to fetch for my set in the future. hoping for plenty 68s Cheesy

Lol.  As much as it pains me to say it, if you think about this in USD it's very cheap to pay a $750 premium for the best known grade of a coin that is collectible to begin with.   Back to only thinking in BTC...
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 12:59:10 PM

9 hours left on this coin!
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:44:34 PM

Still a pretty coin.  Smiley

gijoes

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:54:14 PM

Just a friendly reminder to all bidders that scammers never sleep. Wink

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
gijoes

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:59:32 PM

Lol.  As much as it pains me to say it, if you think about this in USD it's very cheap to pay a $750 premium for the best known grade of a coin that is collectible to begin with.   Back to only thinking in BTC...

Correct. If you think in USD terms, the price is not that bad at all compared to item rarity. I understand that people are loath to spend their precious BTC stashes, but at current depressed rate you could always replenish them.

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 06:04:46 PM

Just a friendly reminder to all bidders that scammers never sleep. Wink

I keep checking new registration and neg rating them..not many variations left lol. Take a look at all my recent negative ratings sent.
gijoes

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:13:33 PM

I keep checking new registration and neg rating them..not many variations left lol. Take a look at all my recent negative ratings sent.

Hero member with 0 activity... looks completely legit. Wink But the thing is, not everyone is always careful. So, the trick must pay at least sometimes otherwise the scammers wouldn't waste their time on it.

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:37:19 PM

Hero member with 0 activity... looks completely legit. Wink But the thing is, not everyone is always careful. So, the trick must pay at least sometimes otherwise the scammers wouldn't waste their time on it.

Could always register a few of those variations yourself, and ask the mods to disable the accounts (or negative rate your spoof aliases) ? Prevention is always better than cure :-)

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:39:49 PM

Could always register a few of those variations yourself, and ask the mods to disable the accounts (or negative rate your spoof aliases) ? Prevention is always better than cure :-)

I have been leaving them negatives..been checking pretty often for new ones being made. I think at this point not much is left that even comes close to this nickname  Tongue
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

I have been leaving them negatives..been checking pretty often for new ones being made. I think at this point not much is left that even comes close to this nickname  Tongue

Fair play Blazed.

I do hope one day that the serial scammer is outed and publicly flogged - perhaps a 'coining'. They get lined up, and we all throw our lower value physical cryptos at them, until they stop kicking. I have a few rolls of the copper 'commerative type coins' I would donate. Might even keep them in the roll to get a beefier shot in. Perhaps silver wallets could do a 'copper mule' just for the occasion ! Good luck with the auction. Reckon it will be a hot last hour. I look forward to reading what happened when I wake up tomorrow (unless the 15 minute anti sniping rule is still in play, at just after midnight EST).

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 08:33:35 PM

You mean the scammer is getting away from the nicks ending in ` or ' or _     Smiley
Never know.  Maybe Theymos is actually logging all IPs for tracking.  Smiley

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:40:18 PM

You mean the scammer is getting away from the nicks ending in ` or ' or _     Smiley
Never know.  Maybe Theymos is actually logging all IPs for tracking.  Smiley

This is a long running scam on the forum that the admin *could* help quash but will not because they will not release ip info without a request from 'law enforcement'.
The thing they miss is that there is ZERO right to privacy when you visit a web site and the admin releasing ip info to the world is in no way a violation of any right.
The scammers represent hits to a web site that ADD to their bottom line and represent no risk to them, THAT is the reason they hide behind non existent laws and refuse to help the people being robbed.  They are complicit but have no liability.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
dumbchump

Activity: 496
Merit: 264

In memory of Zepher

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:10:50 PM

I didn't get a scam email???  I feel left out...

4.01BTC
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 12:06:50 AM

1 hour left on this...maybe more due to the non snipe rule.
gijoes

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:42:01 AM

What, increment is just one bitcent? I feel it's gonna be a long night...  Undecided

4.02 it is

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 01:14:18 AM

What, increment is just one bitcent? I feel it's gonna be a long night...  Undecided

4.02 it is

Congrats you win for 4.02BTC. Send me over your shipping details via PM to get this going.
gijoes

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:41:39 AM

Congrats you win for 4.02BTC. Send me over your shipping details via PM to get this going.

Cool, thanks! PM sent.

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:46:11 AM

gijoes, I'm you just got a steal!  Shocked

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 01:50:19 PM

gijoes, I'm you just got a steal!  Shocked

I was expecting it to go higher myself, but the market has spoken! MS68 is worth 4BTC!
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 06:32:21 PM

Payment received and tracking sent! I will close this after he gets the coin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: