Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EA infects Battlefield Hardline with new ghastly DRM  (Read 733 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:24:39 PM

EA infects Battlefield Hardline with new ghastly DRM

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ea-infects-battlefield-hardline-with-new-ghastly-drm.html

<< So hey - I was am working on a graphics performance review for Battlefield Hardline, and guess what ? Do you guys remember the DRM introduced in Ubisofts Anno 2070? Well, EA just did pretty much the same thing. They sniff your PC and monitor for hardware changes.

The story goes like this; once upon a time I started working on a performance review. And after testing merely a handful of graphics cards I noticed EA will now lock your game (Battlefield Hardline) with the following message:

Interesting huh? Especially considering it is just one PC that we are using ? Here's what EAs DRM is doing these days, EA does not just verify the number of PCs you work on slash use, no Sir .. they monitor hardware changes inside your PC now, which I am sure is a privacy breach on many levels. So once we insert new hardware CPU / mobo / graphics cards or even a system firmware flash the hardware id # hash changes and if that happens a couple of times EA will render your game activation invalid. From what we now have learned, you get to have 5 hardware changes per license. Use them up and access to the game will be blocked for 24 hours per activation. >>

elliottflz65

Activity: 134
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:00:14 PM

Terrible the amount of times this has been exposed...from a variety of developers
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 08:31:13 PM

Interesting huh? Especially considering it is just one PC that we are using ? Here's what EAs DRM is doing these days, EA does not just verify the number of PCs you work on slash use, no Sir .. they monitor hardware changes inside your PC now, which I am sure is a privacy breach on many levels. So once we insert new hardware CPU / mobo / graphics cards or even a system firmware flash the hardware id # hash changes and if that happens a couple of times EA will render your game activation invalid. From what we now have learned, you get to have 5 hardware changes per license. Use them up and access to the game will be blocked for 24 hours per activation. >>

Windows does the same thing.  I can see their point - they don't want their product sold or passed around by people on forums like this!   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: