Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Am I Doing Wrong?! Please Tell Me!  (Read 1051 times)
LewiesMan (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:45:00 AM

Ok I've Tried Everything ( Short of Selling My Liver on E-Bay) But Nothing Seems To Work. I have a decent enough gpu (Considering I'm From South Africa) That Gives Me 95 - 100 Mhash/s average. I've been to Several Pools (Which I wanna stop doing because I don't wanna be labeled a "pool hopper") But I'm Just Not getting any coins!!! Huh I've Read Several Posts, Saw Several screen-Shots Of "other miners" with the same mhash/s rate as
Me! And They Seem To Be Getting at Least 2-3 coins a day! (that's bitCOINS not bitCENTS) So? what Is The Big Secret Somebody anybody please help
Me Out! Point Me To The Right Pool, Give Me Advise, ANYTHING. I Would Really Like To Be a Sucsesfull Miner. Smiley Thanks In Advance. If And When I Can I will thank the one(s) who helped me the right way! (donation)  Grin
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:58:47 AM

95 - 100 Mhash/s average.

They Seem To Be Getting at Least 2-3 coins a day!

someone is feeding you bullshit or you were misunderstanding.

100 mhash/s earns you 0.045910 btc per day.  or about 1.37 btc per month: http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:59:43 AM

Ok I've Tried Everything ( Short of Selling My Liver on E-Bay) But Nothing Seems To Work. I have a decent enough gpu (Considering I'm From South Africa) That Gives Me 95 - 100 Mhash/s average. I've been to Several Pools (Which I wanna stop doing because I don't wanna be labeled a "pool hopper") But I'm Just Not getting any coins!!! Huh I've Read Several Posts, Saw Several screen-Shots Of "other miners" with the same mhash/s rate as
Me! And They Seem To Be Getting at Least 2-3 coins a day! (that's bitCOINS not bitCENTS) So? what Is The Big Secret Somebody anybody please help
Me Out! Point Me To The Right Pool, Give Me Advise, ANYTHING. I Would Really Like To Be a Sucsesfull Miner. Smiley Thanks In Advance. If And When I Can I will thank the one(s) who helped me the right way! (donation)  Grin
Try www.deepbit.net and download GUIMINER for windows.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
LewiesMan (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 08:19:58 AM

Thanks For Your Replies  Smiley - Already been to deepbit (didn't work) thanks anyway - made a small donation (to GOX) as promised. Thanks anyway for trying. Grin
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 08:23:34 AM

You'll need a lot more GPU's to get 2-3 coins a day. Something like 5000-6000 Mhash/s.
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 09:15:12 AM

Thanks For Your Replies  Smiley - Already been to deepbit (didn't work) thanks anyway - made a small donation (to GOX) as promised. Thanks anyway for trying. Grin

According to Bitcoin Calculator http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

300MHash/s will get you
   Coins   Dollars
per Day   ฿0.14
per Week   ฿0.96
per Month   ฿4.19

So please wait for one week or more to get atleast 1 bitcoin.

LewiesMan (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 09:43:41 AM

Ok - I've Been with btcmine.com(score based) for 36 hours now. I'll see how it goes... I know score based works differently. I'm just not sure how
"trustworthy" this pool is. But it can't hurt to try - Right? PS: if anyone knows of a good score system calculator... Please Give Me The Link. Thanks.
JTurner

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 02:17:45 PM

With a hashrate low like yours, I'd go for some PPLNS pool: this avoids the variance of prop, avoids weird "score" calculations that can result in some high variance too when you mine slowly, and avoids the usually huge fees of PPS pools.
BitMinter looks nice for instance: https://bitminter.com/
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:46:13 AM

Ok - I've Been with btcmine.com(score based) for 36 hours now. I'll see how it goes... I know score based works differently. I'm just not sure how
"trustworthy" this pool is. But it can't hurt to try - Right? PS: if anyone knows of a good score system calculator... Please Give Me The Link. Thanks.

Hey thanks for the donation, but I want to return it back to you since you are starting your mining op. Can you post a receiving address?

LewiesMan (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 09:21:12 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 10:51:42 PM by LewiesMan

Thanks Gox! ;

BTW: I found a "mining farm" here on the forums which will do the mining for me! Grin

Maybe for someone with Such Low Hashing Power As Me That's What I Should Do!

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:32:26 AM

Thanks Gox! Grin Here's My address: 15GTSiW889sP5dDUGJsV3V4E2EKFkSLuSv

BTW: I found a "mining farm" here on the forums which will do the mining for me! Grin

Maybe for someone with Such Low Hashing Power As Me That's What I Should Do!

Good luck mate. I sent it back.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: