Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:09:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trucoin.com seems to have been down a week  (Read 1040 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:52:01 AM

trucoin.com provided me perhaps my most convenient way to buy BTC (with a debit card once I got set up).  Until about a week ago, I was not in the market for buying more BTC until more recently.  I do not have an account there, I bought and had the BTC sent to my own wallets.

In return for the convenience, they DO charge about 9% over "spot" price of BTC.  But, using gasoline to go meet someone with risky localbitcoins.com has its issues too, so I was OK with trucoin.

But, they now have a notice at their site asking for patience while they resolve a problem described (roughly) as being able to get more BTC to sell.

Before I contact their Support, does anyone know what is going on there?  Or when they might come back on-line?
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:16:39 AM

trucoin.com provided me perhaps my most convenient way to buy BTC (with a debit card once I got set up).  Until about a week ago, I was not in the market for buying more BTC until more recently.  I do not have an account there, I bought and had the BTC sent to my own wallets.

In return for the convenience, they DO charge about 9% over "spot" price of BTC.  But, using gasoline to go meet someone with risky localbitcoins.com has its issues too, so I was OK with trucoin.

But, they now have a notice at their site asking for patience while they resolve a problem described (roughly) as being able to get more BTC to sell.

Before I contact their Support, does anyone know what is going on there?  Or when they might come back on-line?

Sounds like their money is tied up and they rather not tie up funds in btc if it just looks like it is going down and they have no buyers.  Contact them you will likely be able to get what you want because it's not an inventory deal.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: