Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:13:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is this possible  (Read 4116 times)
kingofbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Good bye Blockchain , you were hacked

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:29:21 AM

My bitcoin wallet was hacked again even protected by 2FA google authenticator and secondary password. Anyway i created a new wallet, but how is this possible Huh

1DDc49pyE3xEbCt8YakfLe48Syrq5XLve

ISLAM-The only true monotheist religion
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:33:02 AM

What kind of wallet you using?
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:34:23 AM

My bitcoin wallet was hacked again even protected by 2FA google authenticator and secondary password. Anyway i created a new wallet, but how is this possible Huh

The only thing i can think of is your lack of security on both your phone and computer because my spare coins have remained safe on a online wallet for over a year. What wallet was it that has apparently been hacked?

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:36:20 AM

You created a wallet on the same device where the first was hacked?
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 09:38:44 AM

mitm,  they are simply hijacking your logged in session and taking your money.

Are you using a web wallet?  You shouldn't be doing that - they likely have your saved session data.

Use a paper wallet that was generated from a computer that is offline...print it, then make sure any memory is not stored in the printer.

If that doesn't help then consider that there may be an inside job happening where you do bitcoin business and your machine is compromised.

[sarcasm] what kind of king of btc gets consistently jacked like this? [/sarcasm]

Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:42:52 AM

What kind of wallet you using?

The only thing i can think of is your lack of security on both your phone and computer because my spare coins have remained safe on a online wallet for over a year. What wallet was it that has apparently been hacked?

From reading his post history as well as this thread, I think it's likely that he's using Blockchain.info.
kingofbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:46:56 AM

Yes blockchain but now i remember i have a Multibit desktop wallet in my Linux at home.

I found where this hijacking is being done,have to uninstall google chrome, many malware sitting in the mystartpage in there.

By the way the guy that did sarcasm, lol i love that and you are absolutely right but what can i do. I guess they know my new wallet created so i am sticking to Multibit for now.

Can Multibit send and receive bitcoins cause i do this a lot daily???

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 09:51:23 AM

Yes blockchain but now i remember i have a Multibit desktop wallet in my Linux at home.

I found where this hijacking is being done,have to uninstall google chrome, many malware sitting in the mystartpage in there.

By the way the guy that did sarcasm, lol i love that and you are absolutely right but what can i do. I guess they know my new wallet created so i am sticking to Multibit for now.

I would suggest you do a clean install of windows or whatever operating system you use and ofcourse install some security softwares. Make sure to take back-up of your keys before re-installing the OS as it would delete everything.

And yes, Multibit can do both. You can also take a look at other desktop wallets such as Electrum.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Bizmark13

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:54:44 AM

Yes, it can send and receive bitcoins after you download the block headers. Compared to downloading the actual 30 gigabyte blockchain file, it only takes a few minutes to download the block headers so it's very fast. Another lightweight wallet that I'd recommend is Electrum which works in pretty much the same way.

You said in your other thread that your work computer running Windows had 484 threats and 23 infiltrations. That's actually probably a conservative estimate since malware scanners typically can't detect and remove everything especially in cases like yours where there are so many infections. Are you still doing anything Bitcoin-related on that computer? If so, then you really need to completely reformat the hard drive and do a fresh installation of Windows (actually you should probably do this even if you're not):

Thanks i removed 22 out of 23 infiltrations. I want to use this same wallet, send the hacker 0.02 USD and send him a message to piss him off to the max.

That malware bytes is quite something, removed 484 threats, and many of them were keystrokers, or keyloggers , i am happy i post here about this problem.

Generally speaking, Linux is impervious to malware so you should be safe as long as you don't visit phishing sites which can steal your bitcoins regardless of what OS you're using.
kingofbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:59:38 AM

Thanks ,sticking to Multibit then Smiley . And not touching the Windows OS for bitcoin or whatsoever.

Bizmark13

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:04:44 AM

Thanks ,sticking to Multibit then Smiley . And not touching the Windows OS for bitcoin or whatsoever.

If you want to be completely safe, then it's probably a good idea to assume that any online account accessed using that Windows PC is also compromised. Especially since you said that Malwarebytes was able to detect keyloggers. So you should change your passwords, security questions, etc. too if you haven't already done so.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:12:24 AM

once you do a fresh os install make sure you use legit software or download it from a trusted source.
people can secure their wallets as much as they want, but if their pc contains a virus then their effort was for nothing.
kingofbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:26:19 PM

Now i have uninstalled google, did a restart, scanned with Malware bytes , the 7 unwanted programs google chrome extensions are not anymore. Changed the wallet 2FA to email , google email which i have also via a SMS message. Am surfing with Firefox, its feeling great now with ADBLOCK , and avira browser security ,plus malwarebytes and Eset smart security latest update. I am giving a final go to my old wallet. What do you guys think Huh(I know ,i am too stubborn but thats me)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:31:49 PM

why people still store on online wallet, is behind me, my advice:

buy a old laptop, and leave your wallet there, use that laptop just for that nothing else, like if it was your bank
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:48:21 PM

- snip -
I am giving a final go to my old wallet. What do you guys think Huh(I know ,i am too stubborn but thats me)

If your old wallet has been compromised in the past, then it is quite possible that the thief already has your private keys.  This means that they no longer need access to your wallet.  Any time you receive any bitcoins to any address that existed in the wallet prior to being hacked, the thief will be able to instantly remove them.

If you are determined to continue using blockchain.info, then you should abandon your old wallet and create a brand new one once you are absolutely certain that you no longer have any malware on your computer. (Be aware that malware scanners don't and can't find ALL malware).
Dawson

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:51:13 PM

Never use a online wallet Cool
kingofbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:31:54 PM

- snip -
I am giving a final go to my old wallet. What do you guys think Huh(I know ,i am too stubborn but thats me)

If your old wallet has been compromised in the past, then it is quite possible that the thief already has your private keys.  This means that they no longer need access to your wallet.  Any time you receive any bitcoins to any address that existed in the wallet prior to being hacked, the thief will be able to instantly remove them.

If you are determined to continue using blockchain.info, then you should abandon your old wallet and create a brand new one once you are absolutely certain that you no longer have any malware on your computer. (Be aware that malware scanners don't and can't find ALL malware).

Thanks a lot mate, then best bet is MULTIBIT. I hope it can use 1 simple address for sending and receiving as i was reading its faq and it says you can add as many addressess as you like for sending and receiving, but i only need one.

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:12:42 PM

The issue is more likely local PC security related than it is to blockchain.info . If your local machine has malware or the network you are on is insecure ( sniffing, mitm, etc ), then it would be easy for an attacker to get access to your session and steal your coins. I think blockchain.info is fairly safe to use as long as you ensure the security of your local machine and network. Having an offline wallet or hardware device is of course always preferred at the slight cost to convenience.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:37:27 PM

The issue is more likely local PC security related than it is to blockchain.info . If your local machine has malware or the network you are on is insecure ( sniffing, mitm, etc ), then it would be easy for an attacker to get access to your session and steal your coins. I think blockchain.info is fairly safe to use as long as you ensure the security of your local machine and network. Having an offline wallet or hardware device is of course always preferred at the slight cost to convenience.

It might be better now, but blockchain.info is not exactly known to be secure.

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:00:09 PM

Seems like the problem is malware or a keylogger. Format your system erase viruses, the only way the 2fa was cracked was because they had access to email.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: