Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:28:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10% BTC difficulty growth????  (Read 2963 times)
Minerjoe (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:49:11 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 11:00:31 AM by Minerjoe

I thought the era of high diff jumps s over,considering a huge mining base.

I guess I was wrong big time.

This adjustment seems to be over 10%. Where does that hash comes from? 10% s a really, really lot of money for a hardware to be fired up in a single week.

Comment?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 10:04:25 AM

This adjustment seems to be over 10%. Where does that hash comes from? 10% s a really, really lot of money for a hardware to be fired up in a single week.

Comment?
https://i.imgur.com/lC3BJb4.png

You've been looking at this the wrong way. The hashrate was there, it wasn't just deployed all the time. Look at the spike two weeks back.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:11:39 AM

Comment?
https://i.imgur.com/lC3BJb4.png

You've been looking at this the wrong way. The hashrate was there, it wasn't just deployed all the time. Look at the spike two weeks back.

So where was it then in the meantime? Mining some other more profitable Sha-256 coin?

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:40:41 AM

So where was it then in the meantime? Mining some other more profitable Sha-256 coin?

Only good knows, but maybe it was mining other SHA-256 coins, or in that time the farm was in the deployment/upgrade phase and what we seen was only a test run.
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:50:25 AM

Only good knows, but maybe it was mining other SHA-256 coins, or in that time the farm was in the deployment/upgrade phase and what we seen was only a test run.

The only credible explanation IMO is that is something new, some new chip being deployed. Maybe s6 testing.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 10:56:37 AM

The only credible explanation IMO is that is something new, some new chip being deployed. Maybe s6 testing.
No that's not a credible explanation at all. Have you ever thought about possible issues with a big mining farm? Power outages, DDOS and whatnot?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:01:30 AM

No that's not a credible explanation at all. Have you ever thought about possible issues with a big mining farm? Power outages, DDOS and whatnot?

Show me a farm which contributes 10% to BTC network. Almost 11% now.

bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:09:01 AM

There is a big farm that people invest in. The investors money is used to buy more mining equipment which mines bitcoins to pay the investors back with. They could have recently expanded after taking a massive delivery of equipment they had been waiting for.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:17:34 AM

Comment?

Well KNC 'said' it has taped out their next generation of asic 16nm chips (private use by them and IPO only) for use in their data hall(s) ..MAY be coming up to speed now with equipment

that was Feb 3rd 2015 (hey it is a long shot ...but still ...)

http://www.kncminer.com/blog/newsarchive

KNC has stated they want to control 40% of all the bitcoin mined by sometime in 2016 or so....and of course will continue to mine directly converting BTC

to USD each day as they do so

so if the jump in difficulty is NOT due to them..well....you can pucker up on the prospect that in a few weeks (assuming they are on their time line big if)
another big hit will be forthcoming....

but on reflection looking at the above it looks maybe too soon for them ..(they are always late) so that means some other elephant is at the dance

what do they say ...when elephants decide they want to poka ...it may be time to clear off the dance floor?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:32:29 AM

Comment?

Well KNC 'said' it has taped out their next generation of asic 16nm chips (private use by them and IPO only) for use in their data hall(s) ..MAY be coming up to speed now with equipment

that was Feb 3rd 2015 (hey it is a long shot ...but still ...)

http://www.kncminer.com/blog/newsarchive

KNC has stated they want to control 40% of all the bitcoin mined by sometime in 2016 or so....and of course will continue to mine directly converting BTC

to USD each day as they do so

so if the jump in difficulty is NOT due to them..well....you can pucker up on the prospect that in a few weeks (assuming they are on their time line big if)
another big hit will be forthcoming....

but on reflection looking at the above it looks maybe too soon for them ..(they are always late) so that means some other elephant is at the dance

what do they say ...when elephants decide they want to poka ...it may be time to clear off the dance floor?

I agree on this one, 100%. There must be something else worth of out attention.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:54:40 AM

could be rised because of when btc was at 270, and now it's falling again, remember that the diff don't rise istantly, it need time
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:33:47 PM

could be rised because of when btc was at 270, and now it's falling again, remember that the diff don't rise istantly, it need time

So what u re saying it ll go down again in the future since BTC went down? I highly doubt that. As long as there is any kind of profit margin, they ll keep mining.

I m not surprised about diff going up. I am surprised due to the size of it. If it continues this way, we ll see 15% or more diff growth. To add 15% hash to the network is a HUGE investment.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:37:44 PM

So what u re saying it ll go down again in the future since BTC went down? I highly doubt that. As long as there is any kind of profit margin, they ll keep mining.

I m not surprised about diff going up. I am surprised due to the size of it. If it continues this way, we ll see 15% or more diff growth. To add 15% hash to the network is a HUGE investment.

i''m just saying that the diff changing, don't generally reflect the current price, could be because of old price change
CodingCentre

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:40:44 PM

Comment?
there will always be big jumps because of the ever evolving tech which is being devloped
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:11:08 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 04:46:47 PM by QuestionAuthority

Does anyone realize chinese farms/pools + unknown control 70% of the current hash rate? You're crazy if you're still mining as an individual in the English speaking world (I'm assuming you're all not chinese because you're here). Who cares what the difficulty is? None of you are ever going to make anything more than pocket change by mining from this point forward.

BW.com  https://www.bw.com 13%

F2Pool  https://www.f2pool.com 15%

Antpool  https://www.bitmaintech.com/about.htm 17%

BTCChina  https://www.btcchina.com/#/ 6%

Unknown 20%

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:05:52 PM

Comment?
It is easy to hide your power for a while.
Just connect your hardware to several pools and perform "block withholding attack"
This technique gives you money without increasing total network hashrate.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:34:09 PM

Agree, anyways good that people follow this, for security reasons
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:46:43 PM

Does anyone realize chinese farms/pools + unknown control 70% of the current hash rate? You're crazy if your still mining as an individual in the English speaking world (I'm assuming you all not chinese because you're here). Who cares what the difficulty is? None of you are ever going to make anything more than pocket change by mining from this point forward.

BW.com  https://www.bw.com 13%

F2Pool  https://www.f2pool.com 15%

Antpool  https://www.bitmaintech.com/about.htm 17%

BTCChina  https://www.btcchina.com/#/ 6%

Unknown 20%

I generally agree. Private and home mining s been dead for a long time.
The key s increased acceptance. All these farms and mining efforts generate about 3500 BTC per day, regardless of the difficulty. The key s to find a way to absorb these 3500 BTC per day and the economy will grow.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:58:53 PM

Keep in mind that the graphs are not actually showing hash rate. They are showing the rate that blocks are being produced, and the hash rate is inferred.

There is a huge random component to block production. Spikes in the graph are generally random fluctuations, though there have been times when the effect of farms being turned on and off have shown up in the charts.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:49:22 PM

Keep in mind that the graphs are not actually showing hash rate. They are showing the rate that blocks are being produced, and the hash rate is inferred.

There is a huge random component to block production. Spikes in the graph are generally random fluctuations, though there have been times when the effect of farms being turned on and off have shown up in the charts.

So what do you use to monitor hashrate?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: