Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Officially, I quit my day job. Anyone else hate their job/boss?  (Read 2820 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 03:11:20 AM

Anyone else doing this/Done this/Hate their shitty job?

No, love my job, I have a manager who actually knows how to manage people *and* still get clinical work done. I look forward to coming to work in the morning.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 08:40:02 AM

jobs are for the weak. cant tell the last time i worked a solid 9-5... but i live rent free so its not as strenuous lol
NEET?

Electricbees (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 12:04:27 PM

No, love my job, I have a manager who actually knows how to manage people *and* still get clinical work done. I look forward to coming to work in the morning.

...A job one looks forward to? What the hell do you do? Build the cardboard tanks for BAE Systems?

(On a side note, I would love to build the cardboard tanks for BAE Systems...)

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 12:12:15 PM

...A job one looks forward to? What the hell do you do? Build the cardboard tanks for BAE Systems?

No, I work in a children's hospital.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Fluttershy

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:09:27 PM

My boss is a cool guy and my job is basically my dream job. Even if I was unhappy, why would I quit and give up a goodly amount of income in this economy?

Electricbees (OP)

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 02:28:59 AM

My boss is a cool guy and my job is basically my dream job. Even if I was unhappy, why would I quit and give up a goodly amount of income in this economy?

Because you wouldn't. That's the kind of job you wouldn't quit!

I've got another job as a paper carrier, which nets me about 30k pretax while I still attend college.
The job I quit? 4,000 plus some odd change for my federal/state return.

I worked about the same hours at both jobs. After getting promoted several times at the paper, quitting became much more appetizing at the ice cream place.

I might also add in that I've been working on and off at the paper since I was about 5 years old. Boss is also my father. Now, I wouldn't be making QUITE as much as I do if that wasn't the case, but I do a damn better job than most of the half-brains he employs. I make fun of people/students/kids with poor work ethic, and I think I am in a position where that's not hypocritical.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 02:29:57 AM

I wish I made a goodly amount...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 01:38:27 PM

I wish I made a goodly amount...

I grant your wish! You shall now make as much as the goddess Penia.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 02:06:25 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 03:22:45 PM by cbeast

All work is self-employment. There is no indentured servitude anymore, except sometimes in prison. Whether you fulfill a contract or punch a clock, you have opportunities to learn valuable skills which can translate into areas you never imagined. If you hate your boss, what would you do different? If you feel strongly about something the boss does, are you afraid to say so to their face? Personally, I think Fifth Avenue management tactics in America are pretty fail and executives are often downright criminal.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 02:10:28 PM

I quit 12 months ago from a cosmetic company Smiley
ups and downs since then, but an interesting ride.

Dream Big !

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 03:41:24 PM

I work 8 hours a day. 5 days a week... I hardly do any work.... I get paid a decent wage for what I do..... I can't complain......... I am sitting at home on the PC writing this post and getting paid for it...

Yeah paid lunch... Tongue

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:07:04 AM

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to complain.

I used to love my job, I'm decently paid and am responsible for some things that actually make a big difference to my company. My job has been getting worse for years, management have run the company into the ground and there is no longer money for essential equipment, some months wages get paid late. The assistant I was promised never turned up, The day I was meant to interview him I was told there was a change of plan and I'm not getting him. If I leave there is nobody to do any part of my job. Management are all scared of the micromanaging control freak CEO. This CEO is screwing a secretary half his age who now gets paid 3 times the going rate and gets a company car too. The rest of the management are too spineless to do anything about that situation. This CEO nitpicks everything to find problems that in most cases don't even exist then demands solutions to them. The company refuses to hire sales staff or advertise their core products although there seems to be a huge market we are not even attempting to sell to. The idea of paying sales staff on commission won't even be discussed. Current sales are not enough to reliably keep the company functioning but advertising costs money so they don't do that. The suggestion that we should make the website prettier ( because it currently looks like shit ) was met by an email flame war that lasted weeks. The website still looks like shit. The entire management team appear to be arrogant to the point of telling anyone who will listen that their potential customers are wrong about everything. Anyone who comes up with improvements for anything is given hell by the management who appear to be bitter that they have not come up with a single good idea this century. The company insists on employing an army of pointless administration staff who spend months doing pointless tasks like picking a color for a new carpet when there is no need and no money to buy new carpets. Email has become a torture tool with vast floods of irrelevant mails flooding everyone's mailbox. The CEO appears to spend 6 hours a day reading email and doesn't understand why everyone else doesn't do the same thing. Good staff are quitting and useless staff are staying only making the situation worse.

Good on you Electricbees. I think you did the right thing. Now go find something better and do it well! EDIT: I see you already did.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:59:29 AM

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to complain.

I used to love my job, I'm decently paid and am responsible for some things that actually make a big difference to my company. My job has been getting worse for years, management have run the company into the ground and there is no longer money for essential equipment, some months wages get paid late. The assistant I was promised never turned up, The day I was meant to interview him I was told there was a change of plan and I'm not getting him. If I leave there is nobody to do any part of my job. Management are all scared of the micromanaging control freak CEO. This CEO is screwing a secretary half his age who now gets paid 3 times the going rate and gets a company car too. The rest of the management are too spineless to do anything about that situation. This CEO nitpicks everything to find problems that in most cases don't even exist then demands solutions to them. The company refuses to hire sales staff or advertise their core products although there seems to be a huge market we are not even attempting to sell to. The idea of paying sales staff on commission won't even be discussed. Current sales are not enough to reliably keep the company functioning but advertising costs money so they don't do that. The suggestion that we should make the website prettier ( because it currently looks like shit ) was met by an email flame war that lasted weeks. The website still looks like shit. The entire management team appear to be arrogant to the point of telling anyone who will listen that their potential customers are wrong about everything. Anyone who comes up with improvements for anything is given hell by the management who appear to be bitter that they have not come up with a single good idea this century. The company insists on employing an army of pointless administration staff who spend months doing pointless tasks like picking a color for a new carpet when there is no need and no money to buy new carpets. Email has become a torture tool with vast floods of irrelevant mails flooding everyone's mailbox. The CEO appears to spend 6 hours a day reading email and doesn't understand why everyone else doesn't do the same thing. Good staff are quitting and useless staff are staying only making the situation worse.

Good on you Electricbees. I think you did the right thing. Now go find something better and do it well! EDIT: I see you already did.

How's the market for a new job for you?
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:07:09 AM

How's the market for a new job for you?

It's suppressed but it does exist. I should get off my fat ass and start looking.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: