Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where do i report bugs in bitcoin-qt on OSX  (Read 1069 times)
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 01:42:23 AM

as the title states, where do i report them. i use the OS X client and i noticed a few bugs. i wanna help eradicate them and i also want to help optimize the UI for hiDPI (retina) displays. how can i contribute?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:31:16 AM

You can look on github and see if they are known:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues?q=is%3Aopen

Or chat in the Bitcoin dev irc channel. 

Even list them here as a start.
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 04:46:57 AM

You can look on github and see if they are known:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues?q=is%3Aopen

Or chat in the Bitcoin dev irc channel. 

Even list them here as a start.

Thanks for the heads up.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:56:29 AM

as the title states, where do i report them. i use the OS X client and i noticed a few bugs. i wanna help eradicate them and i also want to help optimize the UI for hiDPI (retina) displays. how can i contribute?

Curious what bugs you're seeing?  I've used the qt client quite a bit on GNU/Linux and I haven't had any troubles.  Again, just curious.
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 07:30:07 AM

Curious what bugs you're seeing?  I've used the qt client quite a bit on GNU/Linux and I haven't had any troubles.  Again, just curious.

I'm on OSX.  Using the latest 5K iMac loaded with the latest version of OS X.

I see two issues right off the back:

1) Clicking the Bitcoin-Qt icon from the dock doesn't load up the windows. Instead I need to right click and click Show / Hide to get it to pop up.
2) Other than the overview icon, the other 3 (send, receive, txns) are pixelated and not optimized for the retina (hiDPI) display. Nor are the icons in the recent transactions list. And the checkmark in the transaction list row. Pretty much everything isn't optimized for hiDPI displays other than the overview home icon. Kind of disappointing because it's such a simple fix and it would prepare it for future displays. I'd like to help provide cool looking icons that are hiDPI ready.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:27:28 PM

1) Clicking the Bitcoin-Qt icon from the dock doesn't load up the windows. Instead I need to right click and click Show / Hide to get it to pop up.
2) Other than the overview icon, the other 3 (send, receive, txns) are pixelated and not optimized for the retina (hiDPI) display. Nor are the icons in the recent transactions list. And the checkmark in the transaction list row. Pretty much everything isn't optimized for hiDPI displays other than the overview home icon. Kind of disappointing because it's such a simple fix and it would prepare it for future displays. I'd like to help provide cool looking icons that are hiDPI ready.

I'm sure everyone would love the hiDPI icons! 

As far as #1 goes, that could be a Qt issue.  Not sure, but the github tracking is one way to see if it is on the radar.  ;-)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:41:29 PM

Aha, yes, on (1), as many of us know, the OSX has it's "special" way of window management.  So, while you're right it should be fixed, it's not terribly surprising.  On (2), very cool!

Thanks for letting me know.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 03:39:24 PM

1) Strange, I've been running the QT wallet without issue on OS X for over a year.  I click on the dock icon and it shows up just fine.  I'm on 10.10.2 latest updates on an rMBP 15" from late 2013, currently running Core 0.10.0.
2) Hi-res icons would be nice.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: