Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCPPT #2 - Gauging Interest  (Read 1245 times)
AndyRossy (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:13:32 PM

Two quick questions to the LTC community,

I like the idea by Coblee, of using PPT to promote and get more LTC out there.

Would there be interest in a LTCPPT with a lower-deposit minimum? e.g. 5BTC

Would there be interest in a PPT, where by your initial deposit is reporting back to you in "LTC" at current mid, and so can calculate the effective interest as in PPT itself was LTC (would be 6.9% +/- %BTC vs LTC mid difference / week approx.)

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:15:19 PM

I have told Coblee I would invest if the minimum was lower, so yes Smiley
Greedi

Activity: 266

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 07:30:06 PM

same here

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:57:01 PM

same here

This is a good sign Smiley

I may look to put together a webpage for tracking over the next couple days if I receive some more positive feedback.

What I am considering is

5BTC min deposit (via bitcoinmax)
Min length 1day
Deposits in LTC or BTC
I will over the week (like coblee), trade on btc-e/vircurex/bitparking, using my own funds, convert estimated interest into LTC, then at weekend, use this average, and pay out in LTC when pirate pays. Obviously rolling over to the following week any over-converted LTC from late-in-week withdrawals.

Sound OK? Would like some more feedback thou, 2 depositors is probably not worth the effort.
Sherkel
aka Tombstoner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:49:43 AM

Based on what I know about PPT I think this is a good idea.

What do you get when you cross dominoes and The Matrix?
<A dominatrix!>
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:09:01 AM

I want to suggest an alternative proposal. What if people can open their own bitcoinmax account but set the interest address to an address you own. Then after you get the coins on Monday, you spend a few days (or maybe a week) buying the litecoins at the exchange and then send people their coins after taking a small cut for yourself. I think a service like that might be more useful. That way, people only have to trust bitcoinmax and pirate with their principle. What do you think?

layyen

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 11:31:13 AM

i like this idea and i would like to participate Smiley
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 12:27:42 PM

i like this idea and i would like to participate Smiley

Good to hear.

I want to suggest an alternative proposal. What if people can open their own bitcoinmax account but set the interest address to an address you own. Then after you get the coins on Monday, you spend a few days (or maybe a week) buying the litecoins at the exchange and then send people their coins after taking a small cut for yourself. I think a service like that might be more useful. That way, people only have to trust bitcoinmax and pirate with their principle. What do you think?

Been thinking about this overnight, I see where you are coming from. 

- I am considering offering less than 5BTC min - assuming I could automate it picking up deposits, and forwarded it onto the PPT (could easily be scripted). 
- Going direct via bitcoinmax may encourage people to change from "invest all" to "compound" irregularly
- Does not let me "buy ahead" stocking up the coin before when the interest is due (cant estimate how much), buying after doesnt feel "right" as interest would be running a week later, and is more susceptible to market booms-crashes.

I do like some of the positives, would remove the work load from myself. Let me have a think / look into both options.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: