Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an easier way to get bitcoins?  (Read 3883 times)
killzon32 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 09:36:48 PM

Mtgox seem's like the easiest way to get bitcoins with usd, But it requires, Dwolla.  and then 30days after first withdraw, and to get verified by  submitting a copy of government issued photographic identification documentation and proof of residence....... 
Can someone post maybe less hoop jumping alternatives, now I am starting to understand why lots of people don't use bitcoins :/
Cosmos

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 09:40:43 PM

I've had pretty great success with GetBitcoin in the past.  Accept many different forms of payment and even accept direct transfer from several different banks. 

Donation BTC: 1Pno5cingvmmC8CtpHgNJcoLqfyzSz6kEy
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 09:42:12 PM

I will go ahead and leave this here ....

Bitcoins Direct Private off exchange sales 1% BELOW MtGox last price with no fees.
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 09:47:30 PM

Mtgox seem's like the easiest way to get bitcoins with usd, But it requires, Dwolla.  and then 30days after first withdraw, and to get verified by  submitting a copy of government issued photographic identification documentation and proof of residence....... 
Can someone post maybe less hoop jumping alternatives, now I am starting to understand why lots of people don't use bitcoins :/

Have you looked at LocalBitcoins?

bitarrow

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 10:03:19 PM

you can buy coins from some exchangers and you wont be married to MtGox. Just send them straight to your wallet. Tangible listed above has the best deal currently to my knowledge.
kilcondlost

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 10:29:41 PM

The first time I purchased bitcoins was from buybitcoins.com. It was a straight cash to bank account and made me pretty nervous but everything was on the up and up. Good luck to you.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 11:07:56 PM

Bitinstant direct deposit, and send to your email through Coinapult

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 12:00:48 AM

The factors that matter in order to give you the best answer include:

- Where are you located (country)?
 - How much are you looking to buy?
 - What payment methods do you have available?
 - How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
 - Is privacy important?

A fairly comprehensive list of options is compiled here:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

predwebsys

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 01:42:01 AM

I will go ahead and leave this here ....

Bitcoins Direct Private off exchange sales 1% BELOW MtGox last price with no fees.

I've been trying to get Bitcoins for the past few days and not having too much success. Partially out of desperation I messaged TangibleCryptography to buy coins off of him. Not only did he not ignore the fact that I'm a newbie and deal with me (not so common on the boards), he also set me up with the easiest way to get bitcoins without needing to jump through any verification hoops / waiting periods. As soon as I get whitelisted out of here I'm going to +1 his service in the Marketplace. If you're despairing over getting some bitcoins, this is the forum guy to talk to.
Stn

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 02:39:24 AM

www.centraw.com is also place to search convenient way to buy Bitcoins or place your own offer.
killzon32 (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:50:25 AM

I just want 9$ in bitcoin's I put it on dwolla, usa was not expecting to wait 30+day's + give away my anonymity :/
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:10:23 AM

Bitinstant was pretty quick and painless. Was notified by email on my phone that my bitcoins had hit my wallet as I was walking out of CVS after paying for the MoneyGram transaction. And from what I've read (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox), I can then transfer from my wallet onto MtGox without incurring a fee.

edit: I think there's a $20 USD minimum with Bitinstant and also you can have your bitcoins deposited directly to an MtGox account.
toscino

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:40:43 PM

The bitInstant bank deposit was crazy easy and quick. There is a 4 or 5 percent fee, but thats not bad considering it was a one time thing.
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:45:00 PM

www.bitfloor.com is what I use, I was using BitInstant for awhile but their fees are ridiculously high.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:19:28 PM

Bitfloor is very easy to use and has very low transaction fees.
btcirl

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:20:01 AM

There's always bitcoin-otc.com; you can get in touch with one of highly rated sellers over there and buy using whatever methods they detail in their SELL orders.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: