Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] Flying Dutchman Bitcoin Fund - Completely Transparent  (Read 22410 times)
paladon (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:46:45 PM

Please post a link to the spreadsheet, thanks!

As promised we will. The spreadsheet is under construction, I will post the link today for the first (beta) version. Please let us know your comments about the spreadsheet.

Beta version of our dashboard is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkzS_thDsmwudHVKcFdMRXg5cjY3eklqNmxHeGlIeXc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Please let us know your comments.

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:47:19 AM

Please post a link to the spreadsheet, thanks!

As promised we will. The spreadsheet is under construction, I will post the link today for the first (beta) version. Please let us know your comments about the spreadsheet.

Beta version of our dashboard is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkzS_thDsmwudHVKcFdMRXg5cjY3eklqNmxHeGlIeXc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Please let us know your comments.

interesting, looks very diversified.

paladon (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 07:41:59 PM by paladon

Update:

Flying Dutchman Bitcoin Fund had a good startup period. We spread our investments in various GLBSE and lending assets. Because we are completely transparent (in contrast to some other funds/companies) you can monitor our progress and choices at our public dashboard. Comments or questions are always welcome.

Tomorrow we wil pay the first dividend.

Regards,
Flying Dutchman Bitcoin Fund

Paladon & PsychoticBoy

Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:30:58 AM

Update:

Flying Dutchman Bitcoin Fund had a good startup period. We spread our investments in various GLBSE and lending assets. Because we are completely transparant (in contrast to some other funds/companies) you can monitor our progress and choices at our public dashboard. Comments or questions are always welcome.

Regards,

Paladon & PsychoticBoy

Really good looking.
+10 for style, +50 for diversification, +100 for transparency
... -160 for... me not being the first to notice it  Grin Sadly, you might well be the best fund ever, but buying your bonds at 30% more than your NAV seems a bit too much.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:46:49 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2012, 10:14:05 AM by PsychoticBoy

Update:

Flying Dutchman Bitcoin Fund had a good startup period. We spread our investments in various GLBSE and lending assets. Because we are completely transparant (in contrast to some other funds/companies) you can monitor our progress and choices at our public dashboard. Comments or questions are always welcome.

Regards,

Paladon & PsychoticBoy

Really good looking.
... -160 for... me not being the first to notice it  Grin Sadly, you might well be the best fund ever, but buying your bonds at 30% more than your NAV seems a bit too much.

Thanks for thumbs up Wink

The NAV will only grow, in this first week it is logic the NAV is under share price, this is because of transfer fees (transfering shares cost btc on GLBSE) and other initial costs, like IPO start-up etc.

Sincerely,
PsychoticBoy and Paladon

LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:48:55 PM

Really good looking.
... -160 for... me not being the first to notice it  Grin Sadly, you might well be the best fund ever, but buying your bonds at 30% more than your NAV seems a bit too much.

Thanks for thumbs up Wink

The NAV will only grow, in this first week it is logic the NAV is under share price, this is because of transfer fees (transfering shares cost btc on GLBSE) and other initial costs, like IPO start-up etc.

Sincerely,
PsychoticBoy and Paladon

Current FDBF ask price on the exchange, while higher than the NAV, reflects the market's prediction of near-term value + dividends.

I've looked closely at the spreadsheet, and I'm very pleased. I bought as many as I could afford at the pre-IPO price of .13, and I'm buying more as funds permit.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:39:37 PM

Dear investors,

We paid our first dividend today  Cheesy

3.75979612 BTC paid over 3274 shares.
Payment a share 0.00114838 BTC.

Greetz
Francesco

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:02:36 PM

Finally bought some, just in time for dividends  Smiley Good luck making this baby grow  Wink
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:19:32 AM

Thanks for the nice first dividend!

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:15:14 PM

First, I think the OP needs to be updated (still contains Pre-IPO info).
I also think the OP (and the GLBSE asset) needs to have a more concise category applied to FDBF.
For example: Is this a low-risk, medium-risk or high-risk fund?
"Flying Dutchman is a medium-risk Bitcoin fund," etc.

I like the Google Docs Dashboard. The information and charting is great.

In the "Weekly income and costs" section, I would like to see a column called "Dividends Reinvested" that shows the other 30% of the dividend with a total at the bottom. Its not hard to figure it out, it would be quicker if the dashboard had this info.

Also, in the loans section, I would like to see an "Amount Outstanding" column with a total at the bottom. Again, it's not hard to figure out, but having it on the dashboard would give the info quicker.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
paladon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:04:14 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 07:42:56 PM by paladon

First, I think the OP needs to be updated (still contains Pre-IPO info).
I also think the OP (and the GLBSE asset) needs to have a more concise category applied to FDBF.
For example: Is this a low-risk, medium-risk or high-risk fund?
"Flying Dutchman is a medium-risk Bitcoin fund," etc.

I like the Google Docs Dashboard. The information and charting is great.

In the "Weekly income and costs" section, I would like to see a column called "Dividends Reinvested" that shows the other 30% of the dividend with a total at the bottom. Its not hard to figure it out, it would be quicker if the dashboard had this info.

Also, in the loans section, I would like to see an "Amount Outstanding" column with a total at the bottom. Again, it's not hard to figure out, but having it on the dashboard would give the info quicker.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thanks Carnth. You are right that the pre-IPO info is not needed anymore, I corrected it. In the future the OP will be updated more if needed.

Your suggestions for the Dashboard are good! Thanks, I just changed it and I hope it helps to inform investors in a transparent en good way.

Carnth

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:37:18 PM

Thanks Carnth.
Thank you for the additions to the dashboard!

I have one more dashboard suggestions that I forgot to mention in my last post:

The pie chart shows GLBSE Assets... but can we also add the Loans to this Pie Chart.  Then we can call it "Total Assets" or something.
This would easily show that Loans make up about 3-4% of the total assets in the fund.

Knowing the percentages of each asset (including the outstanding loans) can help investors better assess the risk profile of the entire fund.
paladon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:03:03 PM

I have one more dashboard suggestions that I forgot to mention in my last post:

The pie chart shows GLBSE Assets... but can we also add the Loans to this Pie Chart.  Then we can call it "Total Assets" or something.
This would easily show that Loans make up about 3-4% of the total assets in the fund.

Knowing the percentages of each asset (including the outstanding loans) can help investors better assess the risk profile of the entire fund.

Beside the current pie chart, I added another one with the total assets, including BTC and given loans.

Carnth

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:33:57 PM

Beside the current pie chart, I added another one with the total assets, including BTC and given loans.
Great work. The dashboard has all the info I need, right at my fingertips.
paladon (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:23:33 AM

Update:

The second week of the Flying Dutchman Bitcoin Fund is going well. Our fund is growing and we are able to generate a nice profit. There are still 2 days left before dividend pay-out, but the current profit shows a higher dividend then the first week. Because we are completely transparent (in contrast to some other funds/companies) you can monitor our progress and choices at our public dashboard. Comments or questions are always welcome.

Sunday we wil pay dividend.

Regards,

Paladon & PsychoticBoy

Francesco

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:24:56 PM

Would be nice to see percentage of exposure to each investment. Sure one can always take the total and divide by it, but there is really no reason not to include it directly.
paladon (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:32:32 PM

Would be nice to see percentage of exposure to each investment. Sure one can always take the total and divide by it, but there is really no reason not to include it directly.

The percentage of exposure of each investment is visible in the graph of assets (under the graph of weekly profit). I hope this is what you mean. If not just let me know and I will try to add it.

Regards,
Paladon

Francesco

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:09:56 PM

The percentage of exposure of each investment is visible in the graph of assets (under the graph of weekly profit). I hope this is what you mean. If not just let me know and I will try to add it.

Regards,
Paladon

Yes it is, sorry -I have an extension to block cross-site requesting, so I just saw blank rectangles!

It would be nice to have this info next to the others, though.

Thanks for the fast answer  Smiley
paladon (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:15:07 AM

Yes it is, sorry -I have an extension to block cross-site requesting, so I just saw blank rectangles!

Done  Smiley. Check the Dashboard.

Regards,
Paladon

OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 08:51:37 AM

Done  Smiley. Check the Dashboard.

Regards,
Paladon

Please stop being awesome, it reflects badly on other funds.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: