Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:33:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed Security; Input?  (Read 970 times)
AndyRossy (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:08:58 PM

Hi

I currently have 3GH/s mining.  What is the best way for me to raise more capital?

Are 1,2,5MH/s bonds still "moving"? Or would it be better to simply offer 1% coupons on say a 1BTC bond or similar?

PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:15:08 PM

2% at 0.1 btc a share would be nice.

Greetz
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:20:17 PM

Greetz

Is 2%/week the normal mark for mining asset backed?

How does this compare to perp. mining bonds %'s?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 02:58:05 AM

Greetz

Is 2%/week the normal mark for mining asset backed?

How does this compare to perp. mining bonds %'s?

Perpetual mining bonds will always lose value because difficulty will almost always be rising and are bad value for investors. The price of them usually drops meaning you need to gamble that mining returns will cover the difference which they almost never do.

Your other option is to issue shares in a company in which case shareholders own a piece of the actual equipment used and receive the output minus costs.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 09:00:07 PM

Greetz

Yes, as an investor that would be the most enticing option.

For the person who wants the money, why not just use a credit card?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 09:40:39 PM

Your other option is to issue shares in a company in which case shareholders own a piece of the actual equipment used and receive the output minus costs.

I suggest you go with this option, or write up a contract that gives out shares for a percentage of the profits.

Example:

You have 100 shares in the mining company and each shares is worth 1% of the profits after taking account all the expenses.

I would stay away from mining companies that pay for the expenses with a certain number of shares.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:01:16 AM

I suggest you go with this option, or write up a contract that gives out shares for a percentage of the profits.

Example:

You have 100 shares in the mining company and each shares is worth 1% of the profits after taking account all the expenses.

I would stay away from mining companies that pay for the expenses with a certain number of shares.

I guess this means I need to value all my hardware right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: