Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove All Faucets from Service Announcements  (Read 6007 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:38:14 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 06:39:54 AM by marcotheminer

Our efforts have paid off! The Micro Earnings board has now been made: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=212

I'd like to suggest that all faucets are announced/discussed in a sub category in the 'Service Announcement' board. A faucet isn't a service, nor does it bring anything useful to the community (any more). They are made solely for the advertisement profit, nowadays at least (hence why most faucet owners control several sites, often above 10, to earn from visitors).

Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Service Announcements > Faucet Announcements

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

How many of them are there? First page, and first 5 pages would be a pretty good indicator.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:04:22 PM

How many of them are there? First page, and first 5 pages would be a pretty good indicator.

Page 1: 21 faucet threads out of 40 threads.

Pages 1 through to 5 have 61 faucet announcement (or discussion) threads out of a possible 200 threads.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:42:01 PM

That is a lot, probably is needed.

Faucets is an awful specific thing to make an entire board for. Can't really think of similar annoying services that would fit under similar criteria though.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

That is a lot, probably is needed.

Faucets is an awful specific thing to make an entire board for. Can't really think of similar annoying services that would fit under similar criteria though.

It's pretty specific, yes, but there are so many.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:50:37 PM

And after the newbies spend hours and hours of their time trying to get "dust" from these faucets the next thing they tend to do is post in Technical Support complaining that they can't spend their dust without paying a huge fee.

So IMO the deeper you can bury them the better (I no longer bother replying to the posts for help with dust and I think even DannyHamilton is losing patience with that as the same question appears at least once per week).

These sorts of things really do not help to promote Bitcoin in any positive way at all.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:09:54 AM

And after the newbies spend hours and hours of their time trying to get "dust" from these faucets the next thing they tend to do is post in Technical Support complaining that they can't spend their dust without paying a huge fee.

So IMO the deeper you can bury them the better (I no longer bother replying to the posts for help with dust and I think even DannyHamilton is losing patience with that as the same question appears at least once per week).

These sorts of things really do not help to promote Bitcoin in any positive way at all.

You guys care too much about faucets but when it comes to ponzis and other similar scams you made an entire sub section just for it, i will never understand it.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:38:59 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 12:54:29 PM by CIYAM

You guys care too much about faucets but when it comes to ponzis and other similar scams you made an entire sub section just for it, i will never understand it.

Not sure why you quoted me in regards to the "you guys" statement as I am not a staff member nor have any influence over anything about how this forum is run (if I did I'd have got ad-sigs banned for a start).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:45:54 PM

well, ponzis might make people use a freak load of money.
faucets made a lot of people waste their time while they can do other good things. faucets isn't worth a single thought, they just uses a lot of spaces.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:51:33 PM

Pages 1 through to 5 have 61 faucet announcement (or discussion) threads out of a possible 200 threads.

While we're looking at new subforums, domain subforum under auctions please? 6 on front page, 57 on first 5 pages.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:20:23 PM

While we're looking at new subforums, domain subforum under auctions please? 6 on front page, 57 on first 5 pages.
+1 on this. It has been asked many times to have special subforums for domains, no one has any real interest in most of the domains listed of sale here and they only clutter up the auctions and digital goods sections. 
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:32:40 PM

faucets made a lot of people waste their time while they can do other good things. faucets isn't worth a single thought, they just uses a lot of spaces.

Oh so you saying that ponzies are worth it? Ponzies are scam, faucets are giving you free money and ponzies are just stealing your money, i dont know how anyone would think ponzies are better than faucets.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:28:44 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 07:35:17 PM by Katsou

Oh so you saying that ponzies are worth it? Ponzies are scam, faucets are giving you free money and ponzies are just stealing your money, i dont know how anyone would think ponzies are better than faucets.

yes, they are worth the attention. because they are dangerous.
and like I said, faucets are a waste of time. they give you less than a dollar for spending your entire day solving captchas.
XinXan

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:08:41 PM

and like I said, faucets are a waste of time. they give you less than a dollar for spending your entire day solving captchas.

I seriously dont understand your logic, ponzies are worth the attention? What? Faucets give you free money, they are for new people that start using bitcoins and want some free tosee how things are going, ponzies are a scam they are illegal, yes illegal you can report ponzi models to the authorities actually so i dont see how ponzies are better than faucets or why they have their own sub forum. Its like the sub forum to post your scam.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:42:52 PM

I seriously dont understand your logic, ponzies are worth the attention? What? Faucets give you free money, they are for new people that start using bitcoins and want some free tosee how things are going, ponzies are a scam they are illegal, yes illegal you can report ponzi models to the authorities actually so i dont see how ponzies are better than faucets or why they have their own sub forum. Its like the sub forum to post your scam.

that's the whole point of making a new sub board for them. because they are mostly (if not all) scams, and the mods will never delete possible scams.

and I'm not going to repeat this again. faucets is a waste of time, reasons above. that's logical enough to me.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:01:27 PM

Please discuss ponzis vs faucets in another thread.

This thread is to ask for a new 'faucet' board in service announcements.
ONLYfree
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:54:16 PM

Yes,we need sub forum for free bitcoins, all services like faucets, paid to click, games for free bitcoins should be in sub forum called ''free bitcoins''

My opinion.

-2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:41:55 AM

If I can say my personal opinion, for me it isn't necessary a new dirum section only for the faucets site ( really not necessary) but the final choice is by theymos.
groko271

Activity: 790

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:32:28 AM

I totally agree that faucets are not a "service" and the whole service announcements board is messy due to all the faucet threads. I run one faucet and this idea gets my vote, move them into a separate sub-board in the announcements section.

I do disagree with the faucet knocking though, a bit elitist me thinks. Its been years since i hashed out massive power bills with my gpu mining racks......I dont bother with it anymore, but i dont blame faucet users these days as it takes much less effort to lick a faucet than build a set up that is actually profitable. Faucets serve a great purpose in the bitcoin community. They are a great starting point for those newbs that wish to kickoff their btc interest. (i dont know about peeps complaining about "dust" though) Faucets support a whole internet advertising realm based on btc, why knock this? We need to get bitcoin out there, as a legitimate currency tool, everywhere we can. I wish there was more advertising companies paying in btc. I could say more but its getting off topic, but calling faucets useless is just plain wrong.

Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:47:46 AM

I agree that faucet need their own subforum, but I don't agree about faucet didn't give any useful information about bitcoin. Undecided
I knew how bitcoin works because faucet, so I can play with it at first. Then when I really understand about bitcoin, I joined the real world of bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: