Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell is going on with the price?  (Read 6563 times)
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:10:45 AM

Total Bitcoin value =  Media-of-exchange-utilitarian-component + store-of-value-component.

The former can be calculated by number of transactions, the latter is a wildcard, largely depends on people's perceptions and confidence.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:28:03 AM

I dunno. It kinda looks like Bitcoin is awakening.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:50:09 AM

So sad most of you don't know how to read charts, no bubble here move along or sell to buy higher.

What is funny is pretending you are a guru and can read a chart to reliably to predict the future price. If this was the case what in the fuck are you doing here on this forum and not fucking mad bitches on your private island due to making so much money with your elite chart reading skills?

Go on wall street and turn 10k into 1 million. Geez. Stop wasting time here. Just double your money seven times. Easy right!

This place is scary bullish right now. Soon will be thread again about how people will be bitcoin millionaires.

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:02:29 AM

Total Bitcoin value =  Media-of-exchange-utilitarian-component + store-of-value-component.

The former can be calculated by number of transactions, the latter is a wildcard, largely depends on people's perceptions and confidence.

I think the latter is the clear driver behind this move, and it will continue as long as worldwide savings are under threat of debasement and confiscation.  The amount that has been pumped into the market cap, $50+ million over the past few weeks, with many single large orders buying up thousands of BTC in one go, indicates serious money taking up positions as opposed to individuals looking to buy a pair (or two) of alpaca socks.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:13:28 AM

It sure looks like it
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 04:50:16 AM

This ^^  I would add that an important factor is the fear of financial meltdown.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 04:53:02 AM

It sure looks like it

what makes you think that?

sounds to me like you guys need your eyes checked...

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:04:16 AM

Now it's 12.17 the day the block reward halves. Must be a sign.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:09:28 AM

So sad most of you don't know how to read charts, no bubble here move along or sell to buy higher.

Dopamine, I know... I know... I keep telling them to look at trendlines and just hang in there - there is no 'too high' when it is climbing a 45-degree slope with no closes below it. But I guess that is the difference between emotional trading and trying to be the least bit technical.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:31:25 AM

What is funny is pretending you are a guru and can read a chart to reliably to predict the future price. If this was the case what in the fuck are you doing here on this forum and not fucking mad bitches on your private island due to making so much money with your elite chart reading skills?

Go on wall street and turn 10k into 1 million. Geez. Stop wasting time here. Just double your money seven times. Easy right!

This place is scary bullish right now. Soon will be thread again about how people will be bitcoin millionaires.

Wall street is rigged.  We have here in our little corner of the internet the only large scale free market in the world.  In a free market simple psychology and a healthy understanding of the slow moving fundamentals will take you places.  The only way to win on wall street is to already be king.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:58:23 AM

I think the latter is the clear driver behind this move, and it will continue as long as worldwide savings are under threat of debasement and confiscation.  The amount that has been pumped into the market cap, $50+ million over the past few weeks, with many single large orders buying up thousands of BTC in one go, indicates serious money taking up positions as opposed to individuals looking to buy a pair (or two) of alpaca socks.

There is not money "pumped into the market cap". You cannot value the seven million BTC that were not sold based on the trading of a few thousand. Certainly the price increasing from $5 to $10 doesn't mean that $35 million was invested into Bitcoin.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:00:18 AM

There is not money "pumped into the market cap". You cannot value the seven million BTC that were not sold based on the trading of a few thousand. Certainly the price increasing from $5 to $10 doesn't mean that $35 million was invested into Bitcoin.
Didn't sound right to me either.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:03:21 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2012, 06:17:54 AM by Serge

It sure looks like it

what makes you think that?

sounds to me like you guys need your eyes checked...

Adam, you should visit Press subforum, I don't know how you can't see what is happening out there in relation to Bitcoin.

here, i'll put some cliff notes for you what's going on recently: US and UK politicians discussing alt currencies mentioning Bitcoin in their respective capitals, VC initiates Bitcoin discussion on his blog, SR and Bitcoinica on mainstream internet media. Hell, even us-cert.gov & nist.gov released bitcoin vulnerability warning on their sites, yes it's for an outdated version, but nonetheless even they're keeping tabs on Bitcoin out of all places lol.  There is a rather large exposure of bitcoin to diverse circles of people out there, with no hype, people just talk more about it everywhere and many starting to take Bitcoin seriously.  

I think you can't accept it due to fact that with each passing day we are drifting further away from your buy-in target point. you didn't listen to anyone before we hit $10 and you still refuse to listen hoping a correction will come any moment now.

Now, tell me what am i missing that doesn't allow me to see time for correction due atm or soon?
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:27:03 AM

+1

The other thing everybody seems to be forgetting regarding Bitcoin's value is scarcity. Movement this "slow" and with volume only marginally higher means that whoever needs BTC is just buying them at market price, only there's more of it being bought, and being in an uptrend, leaving your buy order a few cents below the ask means it's probably not getting filled and you're not getting whatever you wanted to buy.

More people using BTC, higher price. Almost as simple as that.

If you want to see a bubble, wait until the false walls are dropped! That'll be a bubble to remember. Grin

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:33:23 AM

+1

The other thing everybody seems to be forgetting regarding Bitcoin's value is scarcity. Movement this "slow" and with volume only marginally higher means that whoever needs BTC is just buying them at market price, only there's more of it being bought, and being in an uptrend, leaving your buy order a few cents below the ask means it's probably not getting filled and you're not getting whatever you wanted to buy.

More people using BTC, higher price. Almost as simple as that.

If you want to see a bubble, wait until the false walls are dropped! That'll be a bubble to remember. Grin

you bulls are out of control

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:37:57 AM

nope, haven't even gotten to posting rockets yet
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:38:23 AM

stay in denial

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:45:28 AM

stay in denial

^ LOL +1

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:49:31 AM

damn did you buy back already?

tynt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:55:24 AM

Every time exchange rate rises I take out my calculator and and multiply amount of bitcoins I have, feels good Cool

5830 mining for life
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: