Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Congresswoman claims climate change will turn women into prostitutes  (Read 954 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:53:17 AM

California Democrat Barbara Lee proposed a resolution in the House of Representatives that claims women will eventually be forced into prostitution in order to obtain life-sustaining food and water for their families.

Lee introduced House Concurrent Resolution 29, warning that women will be forced into “transactional sex” to get enough food and clean water — all because global warming will create “conflict and instability” in the world.

“Women will disproportionately face harmful impacts from climate change,” Lee’s resolution reads. It continues claiming, “Food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health.”

Lee’s document goes on to urge Congress to agree on the “disparate impacts of climate change on women,” and goes on to demand that Congress use “gender-sensitive frameworks in developing policies to address climate change.”

Lee also charges that women, who are “often underrepresented in the development and formulation of policy regarding adaptation to climate change,” are doubtless in the best position to offer policy ideas.

More...http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/26/congresswoman-claims-climate-change-will-turn-women-into-prostitutes/
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:32:58 AM

I thought it was having a seat in Congress that turned both women and men into prostitutes. How else could they afford a better life style than they impose on the rest of us?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:48:44 AM

That's just blatant fucking fear mongering, it's like saying climate change is going to turn everyone into psychopathic killers when it comes about, she sounds like a typical Matriarch, climate change should be looked at by peer review from scientists, not politicians who are plaguing the debate with their ignorance.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:05:07 AM

If it's true I'm turning up the thermostat in the bedroom tonight Smiley
I honestly cannot believe that anyone would so stupid enough as to actually say that let alone publish it.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:54:30 AM

I honestly cannot believe that anyone would so stupid enough as to actually say that let alone publish it.
In my opinion, this is how far out the militant environmentalists are and the art of being a true believer or a whore for the industry behind it knows no bounds. No self respecting person would say something so outlandish.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:34:40 AM

In my opinion, this is how far out the militant environmentalists are and the art of being a true believer or a whore for the industry behind it knows no bounds. No self respecting person would say something so outlandish.
Why, how can you say such a thing?

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/173156/

I'm really worried about this.  I heard it on the internet tubes so it must be true.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/19/italian-study-shows-male-genitalia-is-shrinking/
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:40:12 AM

California Democrat Barbara Lee proposed a resolution in the House of Representatives that claims women will eventually be forced into prostitution in order to obtain life-sustaining food and water for their families.

Lee introduced House Concurrent Resolution 29, warning that women will be forced into “transactional sex” to get enough food and clean water — all because global warming will create “conflict and instability” in the world.

“Women will disproportionately face harmful impacts from climate change,” Lee’s resolution reads. It continues claiming, “Food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health.”

Lee’s document goes on to urge Congress to agree on the “disparate impacts of climate change on women,” and goes on to demand that Congress use “gender-sensitive frameworks in developing policies to address climate change.”

Lee also charges that women, who are “often underrepresented in the development and formulation of policy regarding adaptation to climate change,” are doubtless in the best position to offer policy ideas.

More...http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/26/congresswoman-claims-climate-change-will-turn-women-into-prostitutes/

I am certain the debt bubble and economic collapse will create even more desperate housewives.

A few people will be happy about it...

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:47:24 AM

Another example of why, according to Gallup, climate change is the least important issue. Thinking people can see the hyperbole for what it is – desperation to keep the hoax alive.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 04:50:43 AM

Are all the women of the future going to be single mothers?

I think before a man lets his wife go out and prostitute herself, he would go out and use force to obtain what he needs.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:59:58 AM

Some 70 years ago both of my grandmothers were struggling in ruined cities to get enough clean water, food and clothes for their kids. None of them turned to a prostitute.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:26:45 AM

Some 70 years ago both of my grandmothers were struggling in ruined cities to get enough clean water, food and clothes for their kids. None of them turned to a prostitute.

Your grandmothers have my respect, although by extension I'm sure most of our descendants had the same issues after those Wars
Back to topic this has to be fearmongering at it's sillyist, I swear I would vote in a jackass politican with a sharp mouth if he could set straight all these silly people, just to go up there and say to all senators.

" Mrs.Lee PLEASE shut up and use your brain, equating climate change with prostituiton and defending womans rights, you would do better to have just kept silent, your far from being a good example to women."

Then go onto say all the things she could have done instead while being on the moral highroad, true politics words and action.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:18:51 AM

Vote Bill Maher Tongue lol Cheesy
biggerbig

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:55:15 AM

I'm more worried about politicians mental abilities then the climate changes, especially after reading articles like this. I'm also worried about what will politicians do if we really will be in trouble? I mean they have all the safety measurements in case  of war or natural disaster, where normal people have limited options.
cmthompson22

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:23:42 PM

Wow someone is trying to get their agenda passed as quickly as possible. How would that even work? Someone would have to have the water and food to pay them with to start. Supposedly just a few people would have these resources and they are going to get a lot of sex in the process aren’t they? Just because California is not smart enough to spend their money more wisely does not mean everyone is going to become a prostitute in order to survive. Maybe if they didn’t tax up to 50 percent of your income, have gas prices be over $5 a gallon and offer their prisoners Tempur-pedic mattresses, their people wouldn’t already be considering either leaving or becoming prostitutes in order to survive. The government needs to get over their stupid global warming issue and focus on the people in this state. It just seems like a scapegoat thing. It makes them look like they are doing something proactive when in fact they are the ones who are causing all of the issues.

Whether you believe in global warming or not, most people will not go into being prostitutes in order to get these things. There will still be other areas in the world that have these resources and these people can head that way. They can offer other services as well. This is just a type of scare tactic that is being used in order to help promote this bill and whatever little attachments are on it to get passed in their state. She does not care about the people of this state and just has her own agenda. I am sure you will not see her out on the streets any time soon trying to get food and water. She’ll be the one holding on to all of it, sipping rich wine, going off on lavish vacations, and spending money that is not hers rather than worrying about her own people.

Perhaps California should quit becoming so distracted on these nonissues and concentrate on the fact that their own government is taking complete advantage of them in order to support their own lavish lifestyles. 
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:41:30 PM

I have a friend who owns a food store. He never had a female customer proposing sex to pay for apples and tomatoes so far, but I'm sure he would enjoy it. So when's that climate change thing happening? Can't wait!

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:44:52 PM

The first and last profession Roll Eyes! Well if this includes all the women in California we will have a lot of happy men.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:29:46 PM

The absolute hilarious thing is the fact it comes from congresswoman....

The way they connect prostitution to global warming is the biggest stretch you could make in terms of making a comparison.  One would argue first that the economy would crash before global warming would even take effect therefore the focus should not be on the environment, but the economy itself before global warming has a chance to hinder its growth.

It's a fact that environmentalist will go to extreme measures to prove a point. Making these crazy comparisons makes them even less credible.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:55:20 PM

I am certain the debt bubble and economic collapse will create even more desperate housewives.

A few people will be happy about it...

If it is true that Climate Change is a 1.5 Trillion Dollar Industry, then just think of how many jobs would be lost if that industry collapsed, due to no global warming in twenty years.  And if all those jobs were lost, how many wives and single women would be out of work, and have to prostitute themselves to put food on the table for their hungry families and pet dogs and goldfish?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: