Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:50:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Lindens for BTC [closed]  (Read 837 times)
jspring (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:51:25 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2012, 10:23:57 AM by jspring

Hi. So I have 7,000 Lindens sitting around in Second Life and am looking to trade for BTC, anyone interested?

edit: done deal, thanks much to Luceo!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Strider Hiryu

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:08:19 AM

Hi. So I have 7,000 Lindens sitting around in Second Life and am looking to trade for BTC, anyone interested?

There's an exchange for this - virwox.com and bitcoincharts.com/markets/ is a list of others.
jspring (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:20:04 AM

There's an exchange for this - virwox.com and bitcoincharts.com/markets/ is a list of others.

Thanks but unfortunately virwox is sort of what got me into this situation in the first place. I bought a bunch of linden on Second Life with the intention of turning it to BTC via virwox; but when I tried to deposit it in my virwox account on one of their in-game ATM's I get the message that "payment has been declined by Linden Lab's RISK API." I've been able to deposit just 100 linden but no more. Hence why I'm trying to sell it for BTC here... wish I would have just bought it on virwox directly and avoided all of this.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:21:45 AM

Thanks but unfortunately virwox is sort of what got me into this situation in the first place. I bought a bunch of linden on Second Life, but when I tried to deposit it in my virwox account on one of their in-game ATM's I get the message that "payment has been declined by Linden Lab's RISK API." I've been able to deposit just 100 linden but no more. Hence why I'm trying to sell it for BTC here... wish I would have just bought it on virwox directly and avoided all of this.

You can send an email to virwox and ask them to disable the RISK API for your account if it blocks your transaction.

jspring (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:29:38 AM

Thanks but unfortunately virwox is sort of what got me into this situation in the first place. I bought a bunch of linden on Second Life, but when I tried to deposit it in my virwox account on one of their in-game ATM's I get the message that "payment has been declined by Linden Lab's RISK API." I've been able to deposit just 100 linden but no more. Hence why I'm trying to sell it for BTC here... wish I would have just bought it on virwox directly and avoided all of this.

You can send an email to virwox and ask them to disable the RISK API for your account if it blocks your transaction.
Yeah, I sent them an email asking basically that, though I've read conflicting reports -- some say virwox easily unblocks the API thing and some say it's not really in their hands and there's nothing they can do about SL's policies or something. Hopefully the former is true.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: