Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:46:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I mine with my y510p Lenovo Laptop? Specs given in post  (Read 5654 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:17:36 AM

Even if your electricity is free, leaving the laptop on for 24/7 will not even net you enough btc to pay for the transaction fee. Unless you want to continue mining for the sake of educational purposes, you might be better off just buying bitcoin and earn it by providing services

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:21:47 AM

Hi. So I have a Lenovo y510p laptop. I recently learned about bitcoin mining and i hear people are making a lot out of it. especially when their electricity is free. which in my case doesn't really matters because my laptop is already running pretty much 24/7. Therefore i don't think I'd be adding to any costs.

The specs of my laptop are:

Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz
NVIDIA GT755M 2 GB Graphics Card (Pretty decent graphics card as it smoothly runs most heavy graphics games).
8 GB RAM
1 TB Hard Disk

So what do you think? Will I be able to pull it off? Can i earn any money using bitcoin? An estimate on how much would if my laptop stays on roughly 20 hours a day would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

...all you’re going to do is run up an electricity bill and shorten your laptop’s life.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:28:41 PM

So you shouldn't mine with this laptop? Come on guys keep it going. The OP hasn't contributed to this since it was posted and all the replies to his questions are the same. There's nothing to add to this now.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:46:23 PM

So you shouldn't mine with this laptop? Come on guys keep it going. The OP hasn't contributed to this since it was posted and all the replies to his questions are the same. There's nothing to add to this now.

Yeah right, but do you mean that this thread should be locked then???

Before that happens, I would advice OP to not even think of mining with laptop at all if he ain't in some specific temperature based conditions, I got my laptop burned due to it, so I would suggest "No". Also, if OP wants to mine BTC with laptop, I would say that it's next to impossible to even mine miner's fee per day with just an average laptop.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: