Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:30:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: UPDATED:(Native Tor wallet and messaging will still be functional after update for TX's only.It will be phased out completely over a reasonable period of time in order for network tx fees to be reduced further or dynamically.)Who would choose the current
(A)  External Tor client allowing Segwit,CSV and all other soft forks. - 8 (53.3%)
(B)  Native Tor client causing major delays and possible stalemate to signalling Segwit,CSV and all nescessary soft forks etc. - 2 (13.3%)
(C)  I am unsure and will leave it to the developers. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBC] BitcoinPlus Official Thread  (Read 407669 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:55:54 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2021, 09:43:55 AM by BitcoinPlusBus

BitcoinPlus 2.8.3 Released

Optional update

Fixes an issue with raw transaction creation.

Downloads

Windows 32bit
Windows 64bit
macOS
Linux 64bit

Official Website

BitcoinPlus.org

GitHub Releases and Source

Releases
Source

BitcoinPlus [XBC] is a Proof of Stake Cryptocurrency. Fast transactions with a 60 second blocktime and no known scaling issues. XBC comes with realtime checkpointing. Realtime checkpointing is a critical security update to fight reverse spend attacks. To add to this layer of security for exchanges there will also be checkpoint depth setting feature compiled on server seed nodes. BitcoinPlus owes a lot of its codebase to Bitcoin which is the original open source project maintained by many volunteer developers. Many altcoins including BitcoinPlus share most or part of their codebase with Bitcoin. Most cryptocurrencies including BitcoinPlus can be traded on exchanges against Bitcoin and some other leading coins. Anyone trading cryptocurrencies or even Bitcoin should acknowledge the considerable risk to their funds before doing so due to price volatility and other various factors which create a very unstable marketplace.

20% Inflation Per Year. The amount of XBC coins that are 'minted' each year is 20%. This means if there are currently 100,000 coins, in 1 years time there will be around 120,000 coins. The maximum amount of coins will only ever be 1 Million coins. The minted coins are distributed through Proof of Stake. Learn about Proof of Stake.

Social

Block Explorer

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xbc/
https://prohashing.com/explorer/BitcoinPlus/

Exchanges

For a list of all up to date markets please refer to:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-plus/#markets

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinplusorg

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:11:56 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2017, 10:47:50 PM by bitcoinplusorg

Reserving Coins in Your Wallet so that they are always available.
Submitted by xbcadmin on Thu, 02/11/2016 - 17:52

Bitcoin Plus - XBC is a hybrid Proof of Stake and Proof of Work Coin. However Only XBC coins can be generated using the Proof of Stake. As soon as coins are in your wallet and mature (24 hours) they start to 'Stake'. During the process coins will move from Spendable to Stake inside the XBC Wallet. Only the Spendable amount can be sent from the wallet. This can be a pain when you want to send some XBC to an exchange and find that you cant because the coins are 'locked in'.

There is a feature in the Bitcoin Plus Wallet that allows you to reserve some coins so that they will always remain on reserve and available. See Screenshots below on how to set this feature up.

Setting up your BitcoinPlus [XBC] wallet for messaging

In order to start using your new wallets messaging over heightened security features you will need to create a public key.

Open your wallet and go to  Help>Debug>Console

In the box enter the following command:  smsgscanchain  and wait until wallet returns the response: Scan Chain Completed  

Then enter: smsggetpubkey "your receiving XBC address"      

Example if your address is : BLo8EAZzVsnGnvrb4i1GnHVv1bSMRemejp then the command would be

smsggetpublickey BLo8EAZzVsnGnvrb4i1GnHVv1bSMRemejp

A compressed public key will now be active on the network for this address and now you are ready for P2P messaging over the XBC network.

How Do I Make a .conf File For My Bitcoinplus Wallet

bitcoinplus.conf

If after starting the Bitcoinplus Wallet for the first time and there are no connections to the network you may have to create a configuration file. Usually you will not have to do this as the wallet will automatically connect. However if after 30 minutes there are still no connections then follow these instructions -

1) Open notepad, and copy/paste the nodes listed on the Opening Post on the Bitcointalk Forum Post ( or ask any team member for a list of current nodes), and save as bitcoinplus.conf

2) Then, if using Windows, save the the file in the "c:\users\"yourusername"\appdata\roaming\bitcoinplus" folder.  Keep in mind that this is a hidden folder by default.

Windows Tip:To locate the executable bitcoinplus files in roaming enter %appdata% into your windows search box.

How Do I Find The Private Key And Import To New Wallet?

For private keys lets use example address B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W. So in this case ........

-Start your XBC wallet
-If it is locked just unlock it but uncheck "For staking only"
-Go to menu Help > Debug window > tab Console
-In bottom input box type the following line and press enter "dumpprivkey B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W"

Write down code returned on few papers / files / whatever and keep it safe, that is private key for address B539KQtetSJRZo3JJLc1XRNEZRzGyVgU2W

Later if your HDD fails again, computer ends up stolen or something like that just use "importprivkey privatekey label"

To import address to some other XBC wallet. Label is name for address that will be imported, it can be anything you want.

How Do I Import My Private Key Into A New Bitcoin Plus - XBC Wallet

This is a follow on article to https://bitcoinplus.org/blog/how-do-i-back-my-bitcoin-plus-xbc-wallet-using-private-key

In the previous article we obtained the private key to a Bitcoin Plus - XBC address that contained 20 coins. In this article we are going to import this private key into a NEW wallet.

1. Go to Menu - Debug Window - Console Tab

2.In the console prompt write importprivkey privatekey label where private key is the private key you previously obtained and label is the name of the wallet. This can be anything you want to call it.

Then press enter. You should see the coins imported immediately into the new wallet.

jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:40:55 PM

We are here guys!  Finally!!! Now lets keep moving forward on to bigger and better things. 

We are currently working on 3 and 6 month plans and should have something for review soon.  Things should go a little smoother now that there will be funds in place to make things happen.  We have an "incentive" fund put aside for those who are willing to help take this thing to the next level.  Let us know if you are interested in helping.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:29:27 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 10:36:14 PM by BitcoinPlusBus

BitcoinPlus - XBC Data Files

The current BitcoinPlus wallet requires the entire BitcoinPlus blockchain to be downloaded to your computer. This allows your computer to mine rewards using Proof of Stake. The current size of the BitcoinPlus blockchain is around 500 MB. The BitcoinPlus wallet downloads the blockchain from other open BitcoinPlus Wallets. This initial downloading and syncing of the blockchain can take several hours. Once downloaded, each subsequent opening of your BitcoinPlus Wallet will only require the part of the blockchain created since you last closed your wallet to be downloaded.

You can send and receive BitcoinPlus to your wallet before the entire blockchain is downloaded however it will not show up until your BitcoinPlus Wallet is synced.

Occasionally during the blockchain syncing process errors can occur. Sometimes the blockchain database can become corrupt. Especially if the BitcoinPlus Wallet was shut down unexpectedly. If you are having issues opening your BitcoinPlus wallet, 99% of the time this will be due to a corrupt database. Sometimes we may need to delete the database so that the BitcoinPlus Wallet can start again.

A large part of BitcoinPlus code is based on Bitcoin. The location of the Data Directory for BitcoinPlus is therefore the same as Bitcoin.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory
Windows

Go to Start -> Run (or press WinKey+R) and run this:

%APPDATA%\bitcoinplus

Bitcoin's data folder will open. For most users, this is the following locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\bitcoinplus (XP)

C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\bitcoinplus (Vista and 7,8,10)

"AppData" and "Application data" are hidden by default.
Linux

By default BitcoinPlus will put its data here:

~/.bitcoinplus/

You need to do a "ls -a" to see directories that start with a dot.

If that's not it, you can do a search like this:

find / -name wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null

Mac

By default BitcoinPlus will put its data here:

~/Library/Application Support/bitcoinplus/

Once you have located the data directory you need to be extremely careful not to delete the file called wallet.dat. Especially if you have sent coins to your BitcoinPlus Wallet.

The image below is taken from a Windows Installation.

At this point the preffered way forward here is to backup your wallet.dat. You can do this by copy/pasting the file to a secure location on your computer/USB/CD.

Then you can delete the entire folder and simply replace the wallet.dat file at a later time. 

If you don't want to backup your wallet.dat then you can delete ALL other files/folders apart from wallet.dat. Just remember, wallet.dat is the file that contains your private keys. If you lose/delete this file you will LOSE your coins.

Once you have deleted the data files, restart the BitcoinPlus Wallet. The wallet will need to download the entire blockchain again so be prepared to wait a few hours before being able to view all your transactions.

Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 08:16:07 AM

Liking the staking on XBC. Towards the end of old coin's life was getting much orphans, now *touch wood* 4 whole week and wallet just stakes 24h a day, maybe 100 transactions so far.

Onwards my Liege ..  Grin

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
jjmv

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:19:55 AM

Liking the staking on XBC. Towards the end of old coin's life was getting much orphans, now *touch wood* 4 whole week and wallet just stakes 24h a day, maybe 100 transactions so far.

Onwards my Liege ..  Grin

I've been grillin fillet mignon here.  The grill's on fire 24/7
jjmv

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:51:42 PM

We have been listed on cointopay.com
jjmv

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:17:30 PM

We have a low number of wallets staking.  Please keep your wallets open if you have some xbc.

Thanks!
jjmv

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:55:42 PM

We have a low number of wallets staking.  Please keep your wallets open if you have some xbc.

Thanks!

Everything looks much better now.  Thanks for your support.
rmadillo1970

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

Hi jjmv!

Spoke to you on poloniex the other day (rmadillo).
Great job on the wallet and keeping XBC going!! Pleased to see its still going as been there from the start.

Would consider myself as a decent size stakeholder (about 4k XBC) but unfortunately i cant offer much help with coin by way of experience etc. However i support you guys all the way and have sent 25XBC to support you (6bd5d283e6199fbb1051a47860c2a9936fcc75b6c60bc278a58148ff1b533b02)

Got my wallet staking 24/7 and will keep sending donations as long as you guys are looking after this baby!!

Onwards and upwards

rmadillo
jjmv

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:26:04 PM

Hi jjmv!

Spoke to you on poloniex the other day (rmadillo).
Great job on the wallet and keeping XBC going!! Pleased to see its still going as been there from the start.

Would consider myself as a decent size stakeholder (about 4k XBC) but unfortunately i cant offer much help with coin by way of experience etc. However i support you guys all the way and have sent 25XBC to support you (6bd5d283e6199fbb1051a47860c2a9936fcc75b6c60bc278a58148ff1b533b02)

Got my wallet staking 24/7 and will keep sending donations as long as you guys are looking after this baby!!

Onwards and upwards

rmadillo

Thank you sir.  It's def been some work, but it looks like things are moving.  I made a note of your donation, it can be seen here>>>
https://docs.zoho.com/file/mo2jqebd736c6fe4548b4a7281e784f540875
hieu81

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:13:24 AM

Dear support!
What can I do with my old coin after missed Swaps date?
Because I not allway in Poloniex and other to have info from XBC community.

jjmv

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:40:55 PM

Dear support!

You may not like this, but unfortunately there is nothing that we can do at this point.  Project announcements were made starting on March of this year.  

I will however give you a few xbc from my stash if you post your new addy.
jjmv

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:43:18 PM

Quick update.  The new block explorer should be online next week.  
hieu81

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:51:26 AM

Quick update.  The new block explorer should be online next week.  
hieu81

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:00:08 AM

Dear support!

You may not like this, but unfortunately there is nothing that we can do at this point.  Project announcements were made starting on March of this year.  

i think, may be change if this is must be need, but me and the same me hold you coin is dislike, my coin is small but is cost me
= 47 XBC x 0.1 BTC x 480 USD/BTC at times buy!
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 04:43:44 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 07:12:57 PM by Varvarin

Dear support!

i think, may be change if this is must be need, but me and the same me hold you coin is dislike, my coin is small but is cost me

Post the address from your new wallet. And old one if you don't mind.  Smiley

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:35:44 PM

Dear support!

Sorry to hear that bud.Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the change in price as the market dictates the price.Some of us have actually bought ours at a higher price but I am sure we can scrape together the 47 coins you have lost.

Join us and get active doing stuff with the coin if you have time or skill on your hands and you will also earn more coins in the future.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:40:01 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 10:53:09 PM by BitcoinPlusBus

Your wallet also now serves as a P2P encrypted messaging system.You can use it with anyone else you send xbc to for confirmation until the block explorer is up and running.
hieu81

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:51:45 AM

Dear support!

Sorry to hear that bud.Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the change in price as the market dictates the price.Some of us have actually bought ours at a higher price but I am sure we can scrape together the 47 coins you have lost.

Join us and get active doing stuff with the coin if you have time or skill on your hands and you will also earn more coins in the future.

My old address: BLrsXMehzy7UJP9PDQoDoVfijCnUiUBThc
Prive: PebC7RvDJ2pX..............................................
Hold: 47.39 XBC
My new address : B8cxNNBmVM7Y9jVgUQCLNQwM4Az6vaW7uH
You can cheek and change help me.
I like this coin and hope it useful for all member
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: