Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need urgent help with BAMT  (Read 2834 times)
tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 11:14:10 AM

Hi, i need some help from you guys.

My BAMT miner got all fu**ed up, started by reverting my card to stock, then i realized that the overdrivectl, atitweak and so on didn't work anymore. It said that my driver wasn't installed or i didn't have a card. So i tried to reinstall/update the ATI driver... Well now i can't mine anymore.

My rig is on the datacenter at work, and the IT guy is not here, maybe on vacation and the door is locked. I was thinking of reinstalling BAMT all over, a fresh install..... FAIL!! I can't get to the machine right now.

Can anyone please help with this, what did i do wrong? Is there any way i can get the machine mining again only from putty? Maybe i messed up the install or something. Even gpumon is screwed up i get this:

Code:
root@bamt-miner:~# gpumon
Traceback (most recent call last):
                                    File "/usr/local/bin/atitweak", line 24, in <module>
            from adl3 import *
                                File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/adl3/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
                                       from .adl_api import *
                                                               File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/adl3/adl_api.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                                      _libadl = CDLL("libatiadlxx.so", mode=RTLD_GLOBAL)
                                          File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 353, in __init__
                                 self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
                                                                         OSError: /usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so: undefined symbol: APL_Initialize

If someone could please give some hints... i'm linux ignorant, so if someone could please explain to me like i'm a 4 year old i'd appreciate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
superfastkyle

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 12:13:39 AM

not much help I know but I keep a freshly formatted flash drive around, then I plug it in, ssh into it and download my config files from dropbox with this command if anything goes wrong. Usually takes about 5 minutes

wget http://yoururlhere/bamt.conf -O /etc/bamt/bamt.conf;wget http://yoururlhere/pools -O /etc/bamt/pools;/opt/bamt/fixer;/etc/init.d/mine restart;gpumon

I think most of the time errors in bamt come from corrupt files, unfortunately as most of my attempts to fix a botched install are a waste of time
TechCF

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:58:27 AM

You installed the newest drivers right? Couldn't get the BAMT monitor utils to work with it, although cgminer works when started manually with this script.:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
./cgminer --auto-gpu --auto-fan --api-listen -c 4gpu.conf

Without the variables set it won't detect ADL (thus not see fan speeds, temperature). I think the newest ADL or drivers break something... I get the same errors as you when running gpumon. So I just don't use them. cgsnoop still works and the status will show up on mgpumon on my other miner.
tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:01:47 AM

Thanks guys. I got it up with cgminer, starting by hand, and showing info in mgpumon. But not the last drivers.

But it lasted a day... Sad Don't know what's wrong, i'm hopping not a faulty card, it's never been up 63º. Anyway the IT guy is on vacation, my rig has stopped again, for some reason it doesn't reboot on it's own, i can´t ssh the motherfu**er!! Right now i have my hands tied.

Great idea to have a backup, and a backup copy of config files... thanks i'll definitely got for that, as soon as i can get my hands on the machine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: