Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to buy assets on horizon - the complete process, explained for newbies  (Read 2658 times)
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 02:22:58 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 11:14:29 PM by altsheets

When starting from scratch ... how to buy an asset on Horizon ... ? (version v05, updated December 9th, 2015)

How to buy an asset on HorizonPlatform.io (HZ)

example: 8101260088962758269 = AAssetHZ,
a software development crowdfunding, sales profit sharing, dividends paying asset.

This asset is traded on the distributed asset exchange "Horizon".
Steps 1-5 are general, and need to be done for any HZ asset;
actually for everything Horizon you must once do these initial 5 steps!

Feel free to use this manual as instructions for your own purposes, but then please
consider sharing some of your assets with me - thanks, and leave my link (altsheets.ddns.net/give) in there too.
!

(1)
Download your Horizon wallet --> "Wallet download", then unpack hz-v5.4.zip;
run.bat will start syncing the blockchain (1st blockchain syncing can take hours => faster
(but a bit complicated for newbies) is patching the bootstrap archive contents into %APPDATA%\Horizon ),

The GUI is at http://localhost:7776 (in your browser).

or log into an online wallet (2nd best solution).

New: Step (2) & (3) now also as image 'cartoon instructions'

(2)
Your 12-words-passphrase is your private key, so treat it more careful than money. Do not show to anyone.
Write the 12 words on paper, and hide it well. One copy off-site. Never send them by unencrypted email, etc.

From that passphrase your account id is generated, that looks like this: NHZ-Q675-SGBG-LQ43-D38L6
plus a public key, which looks like this: e8702f3a45e52d544fc57442cbd5b5da0468dc3fed91c48d361417cdda513213

(3)
From the FAUCET https://faucet.horizonplatform.io drip 2 HZ into your account, to have initial funding.
These ^ steps (1)(2)(3) are summarized in the short and very good video: 2 minutes "how to setup a new horizon account".

"Most computer errors are caused between the keyboard and the screen" :-) -->
Now is a good moment to now make sure that you human work together well with your "NHZ-..." address Wink !
Log out (top right) --> login, compare, logout, login, compare - always the same, correct NHZ-... address?
If not, you have probably had a typo in your passphrase? Do not continue, until you have sorted this out.
When sure that you reliably log back into the same account, continue:

(4)
Make your new address known, by putting your NHZ-... address and public key ... into hzannounce.com.
Congrats - Your public key is on the blockchain! The message "Welcome to your new ... public key ... " disappears from your dashboard.

And you'll will find 2 HZ in your account ... optional: ... which you can now spend to set a name & description, or buy an alias (see this 39 seconds video) for your account id.

(5)
Now buy HZ coins at bittrex or poloniex.
(If you do not own any cryptos yet, you can first use paypal --> DOGE --> BTC --> HZ).

Then you send the HZ coins to your wallet, using your new NHZ-... address.
(withdraw from https://bittrex.com/Balance or https://poloniex.com/balances):
(5a) First send a small amount, wait, check if arrived. Might need email confirmation!
(If you run into unsolvable problems there, send them a support request ticket.)
(5b) Only when (5a) went fine, and you see the HZ coins in your wallet ... send a larger amount.

Steps 6-8 show you how to buy asset shares
with your freshly purchased HZ coins

NOW you are ready to buy my (or any) asset:

(6)
Inside your HZ wallet,
--> go to "ASSET EXCHANGE",
--> -->and press "ADD ASSET" (top right)
--> --> --> assetId: 8101260088962758269

(7)
Study the asset information at the top.
Then look at the "Buy AAssetHZ with HZ" left table
--> click: on a 'Sell orders price', or 'Buy AAssetHZ with HZ' (green +)
--> -->choose 'Quantity', choose 'Price' (*)
--> --> --> click on Buy (HZ --> AAssetHZ)

(*) If you choose a 'Price' below the cheapest sell order, your buy order is not filled, but placed in the 'Buy orders' table on the right.

( 8 )
Wait for the blockchain to move forward, recording your buy order transaction.

To see what is happening, you can check these places
* AssetExchange --> AAssetHZ --> Trade History --> You
* Dashboard --> My Transactions
* Dashboard --> Last Updated Block --> More Info
* Asset Exchange --> My assets

... then ... buy more ;-)

These are screenshots of the old HZv3 wallet version.
The new wallet HZv5 looks a bit different, but provides the same functions - and more.

--> assetId: 8101260088962758269 (more info here)

useful manual? Then tip me:
http://altsheets.ddns.net/give  
HZ: NHZ-Q675-SGBG-LQ43-D38L6      
NXT: NXT-CMKU-ZQYK-V6CD-9UHF4      
BTC: 1Ek9McNmXwQgDnkzE9J6pjCPWEiihhL83n

thanks.
 Wink

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 03:36:39 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 01:32:44 AM by altsheets

Linked to here from:

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
mind808crime

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:25:56 PM

good for 'Jr Members' also, I know. Cheesy
Hubus

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:43:45 PM

The process seems to be the same on all the NXT-derived cryptocurrencies (and NXT itself, of course).

I would like to know which assets in the NXT and NXT-derived currencies already and presently pay dividends. Any experiences and recommendations?
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:56:37 PM

The process seems to be the same on all the NXT-derived cryptocurrencies (and NXT itself, of course).
Yes, sure. So what you are learning now with HZ, you can also apply to Nxt. And vice versa, at least for the core system.

I would like to know which assets in the NXT and NXT-derived currencies already and presently pay dividends. Any experiences and recommendations?
That is a VERY good question, and I would love to integrate that into my assetparser.py
when I find the time (sponsoring/monetization ideas would accelerate it).

If dividend payments can be spotted on the blockchain API, it should be possible to somehow implement it.

My first hope that dividends are a specific type/subtype message,
was just disappointed - for HZ i.e. Nxt 1.2.9 = nope (link to localwallet),
but YIEHAH:
In Nxt 1.4.16, there is a type/subtype (type: 2 = "Colored coins" , subtypes: 6 = "Dividend payment" - link to Nxt-localwallet)

So this is how I understand it:
  • old dividends won't be able to be found
    (because subtypes: 6 was introduced only recently)
  • newer dividends which still use (type: 0  = "Ordinary payment")- payments ... won't be able to be found
  • newer dividends which use (type: 2, subtype: 6) should actually be identifiable.

Very good idea / inspiration. Thanks Hubus!
Unanswered now, but possibly answerable in the future!

Wink

Hubus

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:33:43 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 10:09:30 AM by Hubus

That is a VERY good question, and I would love to integrate that into my assetparser.py
when I find the time (sponsoring/monetization ideas would accelerate it).

If dividend payments can be spotted on the blockchain API, it should be possible to somehow implement it.

Very good idea / inspiration. Thanks Hubus!

Welcome - it's in our all interest...! Maybe you could integrate a voluntary user report/feedback into your software: Users report about their asset, if and how much dividends it pays. You could control it manually afterwards or find some way to automate or let it be confirmed by the other users (like "up- and downvoting")...

Hello,

Thanks.

https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/community-asset-board-summary-(w-i-p)/

I don't suggest mining assets, they generally don't end well.

Personal favorite is coinomat, weekly dividends, real working product.

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange

http://nxtreporting.com/
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:24:58 AM

Very good, Hubus.

I am moving this side discussion into the development thread of assetparser.py (#14, #15) where it won't get forgotten, for sure.

Let's keep this thread here to "newbies: how to buy HZ assets" aspects.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:37:53 AM

Yes, sites like that are helping Nxt and Nxt users a lot,
let's hope that something similar is built for HZ soonish!

Actually, a static/snapshot overview of existing assets,
and over 20 observables to compare them well ...
... I am targetting in my assetparser.py project.

It is a script which eats all it can find (actually, which I teach it to digest)
about assets in the HZ/Nxt API, and mangles it into descriptive statistics,
to be analyzed in a 107x27 cells big (for HZ) or 488x28 cells big (for Nxt)
spreadsheet.

I have already written 6 pages report about my methods and findings,
and will publish that soonish. Still, I don't know how to monetize it
- so I am reluctant to just release it for free. Any idea is welcome.

It's another way of looking at what is there, and
can perhaps also be used to choose what to invest in.

Any questions, I am happy to answer.

Please discuss in the thread: HZ/NXT assetparser.py - overview of all the assets, lots of measured observables

liliwang

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:01:58 PM

ok very hepful to newbie to assets.  Grin

Erik Goff

Activity: 261

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:56:18 PM

Absolutely helpful.  Just 2 questions though:
- where can i find information about what the assets are and what they do ?
- i cannot find any button to add an extra asset to my watch list on the exchange ?

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 07:05:41 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 08:22:50 PM by altsheets

ok very hepful to newbie to assets.  Grin
Thanks.

I realized the necessity for such a manual
during the 3 hours in which I helped
a newbie to buy his first assets ever
- while I sold my first assets ever.
Exciting. A memorable experience.
And together we found out where
possible trapdoors might be.

The result is this manual.

Happy to hear it's being received as helpful!

- i cannot find any button to add an extra asset to my watch list on the exchange ?

I have had that, too.
That the button "add asset to watched assets" disappeared.
Might be a bug in their GUI?

Log out, log back in.

--> assetId: 8101260088962758269 (more info here)
useful manual? Then tip me: http://altsheets.ddns.net/give   HZ: NHZ-Q675-SGBG-LQ43-D38L6      NXT: NXT-CMKU-ZQYK-V6CD-9UHF4      BTC: 1Ek9McNmXwQgDnkzE9J6pjCPWEiihhL83n
The yellow sprayed button on the right in that pic ^ ...

- where can i find information about what the assets are and what they do ?
You mean what are assets in general?  

They are an implementation of "coloured coins".

Or do you mean specifically this asset "AAssetHZ"?  Then ... :

more info here

HTH
:-)

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:22:00 PM

After joining the facebook group "Cryptocurrency Collectors Club" (4401 members)

... please vote up this posting (which links to our thread here ...)

"How to buy an asset on HorizonPlatform.io ..."

... by commenting on it. Thx.

Erik Goff

Activity: 261

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:38:59 PM

where can i find information about what the assets are and what they do ?
You mean what are assets in general?  

They are an implementation of "coloured coins".

Or do you mean specifically this asset "AAssetHZ"?  Then ... :

more info here

HTH
:-)

Haha i bought a few. impressive project.
But i actually meant for your manual, as newbie in HZ i find it hard to find information about the listed assets. Maybe i missed it, but is there a BTT thread for all HZ exchange assets ? As investor i don't only want to see the numbers, but also a story about the companies behind the assets lol

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:18:11 AM

where can i find information about what the assets are and what they do ?
Haha i bought a few. impressive project.

But i actually meant for your manual,
as newbie in HZ i find it hard to find information
about the listed assets.
Yes, I agree.

But stay tuned, it is all in transition,
they are releasing new functions every day,
and promising more for the near future.

A good block explorer, with many of the the
requestType=lalalala
functions would help a lot.

But we want solutions now now now, right?  Grin Follow me, I teach you, 'cause

... I have already accommodated well with the current situation,
simply by learning the -amazing- API. It is rewarding.

And it is really not too difficult. Try it:

1) get yourself a REST client, e.g. rfc to beautify JSON output
2) throw this into it, for a starter https://account.horizonplatform.io/nhz?requestType=getAsset&asset=8101260088962758269 (top) and press send (right)
3) click on "Open in JSON tab" (bottom), and you'll get this formatted output:

Code:
{
decimals: 0
numberOfTrades: 26
asset: "8101260088962758269"
quantityQNT: "5000000"
description: "AAssetHZ is the first AltSheets Asset on Horizon. 5,000,000 AAssetHZ shares are issued, representing 5% of all future profits of AltSheets software (like AltFolio - the auto-updating altcoin portfolio solution; and assetparser.py - which compares all assets in many observables, and works on two platforms). Objectives of AAssetHZ are: To develop and improve software, to finance marketing to increase sales - and to reward investors by sharing 1% of all profits from the #AltSheets software sales per each 1,000,000 AAssetHZ; paid as regular dividends to AAssetHZ holders. Check asset ID and issuer ID (NHZ-XDWX-VLTM-FUFZ-CTT54) before trading, there may be copycat assets! Buyers please convey an email address for updates. More infos at http://AAssetHZ.ddns.net and twitter @AAssetHZ"
name: "AAssetHZ"
accountRS: "NHZ-XDWX-VLTM-FUFZ-CTT54"
account: "11605558384819875741"
}

Isn't that beautiful?

You can now do that with ANY asset id! <-- https://account.horizonplatform.io/nhz?requestType=getAssetIds !!!

Once you start to love it, you want to install your own local wallet, then the answers come really really fast, e.g. this HUGE answer:

http://localhost:7776/nhz?requestType=getAllAssets

You can try all these functions:
Nxt_API (old version, because HZ is ~Nxt1.2.9 plus a fairer distribution)
Someone said, it's like playing with LEGO again - and then he set off to create supernet (a myth perhaps, I read it somewhere).

Good?

That was very probably a much nerdier answer than you would have expected, right?

But try it, really, it is worth it!

Maybe i missed it, but is there a BTT thread for all HZ exchange assets ?
Hahahahahaha :-) That WOULD REALLY BE useful. Too useful. *g*

As investor i don't only want to see the numbers, but also a story about the companies behind the assets lol
Yes, sure. Of course you want that. We all do.

You are funny ... stepping into the haters-gonna-hate debate number one on bitcointalk  * g *

I actually tried again, just today ... --> hahahahaha.

Hubus

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:24:13 PM

Please let me promote my poll here:

"Why would I buy an asset?"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008110.0

I am interested in your opinion...
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 02:52:34 PM by altsheets

Some of my own threads:

About me: More concise overview here, and a more detailed overview here.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 04:15:06 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 04:27:00 PM by altsheets

(version v05, updated December 9th, 2015)

Completely updated the OP#1 text:
 * New wallet v5.
 * hzannounce instead of faucet
 * bootstrap file, finally
 * text shortened, made clearer
 * repaired wrong links
 * new ( 8 ) = the relevant places to observe, and check your asset purchases

tip me: http://altsheets.ddns.net/give   HZ: NHZ-Q675-SGBG-LQ43-D38L6      NXT: NXT-CMKU-ZQYK-V6CD-9UHF4      BTC: 1Ek9McNmXwQgDnkzE9J6pjCPWEiihhL83n
To continue not to tip me is not ok  Wink

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 11:12:07 PM

cartoon instructions for "step (2) and step (3)" of the main tutorial how to buy assets on HZ

click to enlarge

The above is "step (2) and step (3)" from my excellent manual how to buy assets on HZ.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: