Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2024, 08:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Check Balance of Individual Addresses within Multibit?  (Read 1474 times)
sgk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:34:18 PM

As the title says.

For example I have a Multibit wallet that contains 100 addresses. Multibit shows me the total balance of the wallet. I need to know which addresses make up this balance. Several addresses out of these 100 may be empty and there may be just a couple of addresses that make up the total balance of the wallet.

How do I know?
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:20:45 PM

As the title says.

For example I have a Multibit wallet that contains 100 addresses. Multibit shows me the total balance of the wallet. I need to know which addresses make up this balance. Several addresses out of these 100 may be empty and there may be just a couple of addresses that make up the total balance of the wallet.

How do I know?

With Multibit you cannot. The developer's purposefully keep this information hidden to make the wallet a beginner's wallet. If you want to see each individual address and balance switch to Electrum 2.0.X.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:00:27 AM

As the title says.

How do I know?

With Multibit you cannot. The developer's purposefully keep this information hidden to make the wallet a beginner's wallet. If you want to see each individual address and balance switch to Electrum 2.0.X.

Thank you for responding. I'll try Electrum.

As a work around, I can input addresses in blockchain.info and check balances. But if I need to check several addresses, it's a pain in the ass.
locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:37:42 AM

Just saw your thread after googling for the same thing.

that was something i was trying to figure out, too. Too bad it cannot be done, this is a big minus.

And another big minus, is that you cannot send coins from a specific address, (you can't choose which address to use when sending money).

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:37:51 AM

that was something i was trying to figure out, too. Too bad it cannot be done, this is a big minus.

And another big minus, is that you cannot send coins from a specific address, (you can't choose which address to use when sending money).

Electrum lets you do both things.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:24:01 AM

This was something i wanted to figure out. I don't need to send finds from a specific address right now,  but i was imagining a scenario when you use different addresses for different people / purpose and then you want to continue funding then from the same address to maintain privacy.

I think i will have to switch to Electrum like jaxkbox has mentioned above.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:45:03 PM

as the posters said earlier, electrum is the best for what you need, but if you really want to, I think you can view individual address balances by just looking up each individual address on blockchain.info under "final balance."

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
sgk (OP)
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:35:55 AM

as the posters said earlier, electrum is the best for what you need, but if you really want to, I think you can view individual address balances by just looking up each individual address on blockchain.info under "final balance."

Yes, that's what I am doing right now as a work around.

It works well if you have a handful of addresses but if you have several addresses, it is a pain in the butt to look up all of them individually on block chain.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:08:53 AM

a possible solution is using electrum, it shows the balance of addresses by default, but im not sure if you want to make the switch or not for just a small detail.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:18:45 PM

a possible solution is using electrum, it shows the balance of addresses by default, but im not sure if you want to make the switch or not for just a small detail.

If you have an XPUB you can just search it on Blockchain and it will show all activity to that master public key.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: