Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: similar site to virwox  (Read 3708 times)
cashoutservices (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:08:09 AM

Hi
anyone know similar site to virwox ?  Where you can buy or exchange linden to btc.

Thanks
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:52:31 PM

Virvox s the only one as far as I know but their fees are very high. If you want to buy BTC using your CC or Paypal, there are bunch of cheaper options.

Southpaw0
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010

666 - slave 2 the grind -

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:44:59 PM

Virwox is the only exchange that allows to exchange linden to btc.

ill handcuff you to the shower and put an apple in your mouth with the water running on cold then you handcuff me to the bed and go to town.. just dont BURN the house down with your hot ass oven cus i will be dead and you will be gone
benzenen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:14:25 PM

Hi
anyone know similar site to virwox ?  Where you can buy or exchange linden to btc.

Thanks

You know virwox. Why you don't sell there ? Why do you find a similar site to virwox ? Just curious ! Dont mention it!
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:57:23 PM

Hi

Thanks

You know virwox. Why you don't sell there ? Why do you find a similar site to virwox ? Just curious ! Dont mention it!

Cause of very high fees. That s probably the reason.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:59:28 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 03:15:26 AM by r3wt

You can buy BTC with paypal debit card/credit card at two other places:

Coin.mx and Circle.com

Both are american companies registered with Fincen, IE they are completely legitimate.

I will rate each of them based on my own personal dealings:

Coin.mx C+
Circle.com B

MetricCoin.mxCircle
Customer ServiceA+D
FeesCA+
Exchange RateCA+
VerificationC-A+
Ease of useBC
Deposit/Withdrawal waiting timesA+A+
Withdrawal/Deposit LimitsCF

For now i think Circle is clearly superior, but beforwarned: it was designed to be used by idiots. To send BTC, use the "send money" tab. To send USD use the deposit/withdraw tab. I know its completely counterintuitive. I accidentally withdrew twice to my bank account when attempting to send btc. Their interface is just weird. you can choose which currency to send in, which only adds to the confusion. A hidden service fee will be applied from the bank for deposits made from debit card authorizations. the fee is much higher than coin.mx's fee, but is the only fee associated with using the service. everything else is free as in open source.

For coin.mx they are decent, but if you aren't careful they will get you with a lowball exchange rate.  they also have a hidden service fee at the bank for debit card purchases. They advertise debit cards at a lower fee to sucker you in, but on their exchange you can only use the credit card option, unless you are one of those dumb people with your information floating around in online databases, since that is the only type of verification they offer. The verification process for a card is trippy as fuck. you have like 30 seconds to get a clear video shot of your face, front and back of your card then front and back of your photo id. after that, verification is pretty much instant. their support staff is available 24/7 and you can just say hey, i verified my card they will review it and send off the verification to their legal dept,and bam you're ready to go. There fee's suck, but they are a good backup in case you hit your limit at Circle and need more.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:45:14 PM

You can also go for local bitcoins. But it requires you to do some verification, and agree to some terms to avoid charge back.
But if Paypal is your main goal, go for another payment method.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: