Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:07:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Subforum split sucks.  (Read 802 times)
556j (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:58:12 PM

Specifically Trading discussion > Services, Services Discussion. Those forums weren't active enough that it was needed. Most of the content in the new subforums is still on the front page of Trading discussion (albeit locked) supporting that trading wasn't overrun with these topics. It just makes finding new and relevant topics that much harder. What was the purpose of it? What does the addition of services add that marketplace, currency exchange, goods, ect. didn't offer. Seems there was already a place for most anything and services is redundant. Now instead of a few semi-active forums/subforums there's a bunch of dead subforums.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:09:57 PM

Specifically Trading discussion > Services, Services Discussion. Those forums weren't active enough that it was needed. Most of the content in the new subforums is still on the front page of Trading discussion (albeit locked) supporting that trading wasn't overrun with these topics. It just makes finding new and relevant topics that much harder. What was the purpose of it? What does the addition of services add that marketplace, currency exchange, goods, ect. didn't offer. Seems there was already a place for most anything and services is redundant. Now instead of a few semi-active forums/subforums there's a bunch of dead subforums.
That wasn't a large board anyways, but it's a good preemptive split in my opinion. It's a candidate for explosive expansion.

Right now, Bitcoin Discussion is in danger of hyperactivity if it doesn't somehow get split again.

Here's my thread about splits that may be needed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95077.
556j (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:01:59 PM

I guess it depends how you use forums, I'm here for current information about what's going on in the bitcoin world today. Mainly for updates about what exchanges to avoid, what's going on with my investments and ect. Rather than some giant archive. If I'm interested in older posts that most of the time aren't even relevant anymore I just use Google search "site:bitcointalk.org"

Again today I go to check Starfish Bank thread in lending forum and can't find it anywhere. Surprise another subforum that wasn't needed. So now when I want to check things rather than check 4-5 forums and getting up to date on everything, I get to check about 8-10 subforums now , half of them I don't know about or unsure of their exact use.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was reddit style where I could add the subforums I like to visit to one list, having to go through tons of subforums isn't user friendly though, just waste my time and makes me not want to come here any more. Hope reddit covers everything I need to know. Or look for another bitcoin forum that doesn't have 50 subforums that get 1-2 new posts a day.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 03:34:41 PM

Sounds like you need a watchlist to put your threads in.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90136.0

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: