Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some questions abour bitcoin..  (Read 816 times)
mn11155 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:25:14 AM

I have some question hope you guys can answer.. english is not my first language and I dont know much about bitcoin.

1- Can I rely only on bitcoin and not have a bank account specially that I live in a country where bitcoin is unknown?
2- If not.. where can bitcoin be used?
3- If the world Economy collapses, will the value of my bitcoin go down?
4- Does Bitcoin use Usury loans and take interest?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:30:14 AM

I have some question hope you guys can answer.. english is not my first language and I dont know much about bitcoin.

1- Can I rely only on bitcoin and not have a bank account specially that I live in a country where bitcoin is unknown?

1.) Maybe yeah cause there have been services which will buy anything you need if you send them bitcoin, Neteller could probably help also.
2.) Everywhere
3.) Depends what type of collapse
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:29:28 AM

1. you can't at this moment, bitcoin is far from accepted in the world.
2. You should find it by google.
3. The value of my bitcoin may go up.
4. no.
Chomsky

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:34:38 AM

1) Bitcoin is kind of your own bank account that you are personally in control of and not some third party corporation, but at present you could probably not live off it or buy your daily essentials. However, you could keep money in your wallet and exchange it for cash and then use it.
2) You can use it many places online to buy many things but its use is still limited
3) I'd say it should go up not down, but obviously nobody can say for sure until it happens
4) Not sure what this is
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:35:33 AM

1.) Maybe yeah cause there have been services which will buy anything you need if you send them bitcoin, Neteller could probably help also.
2.) Everywhere

What's it like in the future?

I could technically buy anything with bitcoin, but only indirectly.  I can give someone bitcoin and they can buy it for me using fiat, but I could also exchange my bitcoin for fiat and buy it directly, it's not exactly the same thing!

The guy that made supersize me is making a documentary about living on bitcoin in america, I guess if it were as easy as you make out, the film will be pretty boring!
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:37:55 AM

1. Yes you can if you decide to buy food and stuff with btc. But living in a country that doesn't know bitcoins? I doubt it.
2. Around the globe.
3. I doubt you'll still measure things in fiat...
4. Idk.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:06:50 PM

-yes, if you want to convert them to fiat you need to register on an exchange
-some site let you pay directly in bitcoin, or you can use all4btc which buy everything for you and you pay in bitcoin
-it should rise in theory, because everyone will buy more btc, they will see it as a "safe heaven"
-i don't think so, anyway it should work like fiat in this case
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 07:05:28 PM

My opinion:

1. Actually you can exchange to fiat, but bitcoin is still need much adopt if want to world wide.
2. I personally use bitcoin for pulse, and the remain i exchange to fiat Grin
3. If demand < supply = the value will go down.
4. No i think, if you want to loans, just loans and pay back when the time comes.

~iki
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:29:38 PM

3- If the world Economy collapses, will the value of my bitcoin go down? This will never happen.  There will always be a economy on world scale at this point.
4- Does Bitcoin use Usury loans and take interest?  It is hard to get a BTC loan as collateral is normally needed.  I suggest going to bank still on loans.

1 and 2 I would say depend on what country you are in.  Can you tell us what country you live in?  (It allows us to best tell you how to purchase BTC).
hugs1BTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:40:11 PM

1- Yes, you can use online exchanges or localbitcoins
2- with payment processors, you can buy almost everything using bitcoin
3- it will collapse too or skyrocket
4- don't know anything about it
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:38:11 AM

1. its too risky at the moment, you have to have a backup plan. i think btc is more an investment than for daily use today.
2. at stores that accept btc i guess (like newegg )or at gambling, investing.
3. if fiat collapses i think it's natural that you can get more of collapsed currency for your btc Cheesy
4. not sure, but there are btc loans..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: