Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:39:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MARKETING]Get ZeroHedge to publish an article about Bitcoin  (Read 11303 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:09:34 PM

New article just posted:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-04/bitcoin-seen-through-eyes-central-banker
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:11:18 PM

The article that post is about can be viewed via web-viewers:

- http://bit.ly/U2hOUC (Web-view of PDF via Google Docs)
 - http://www.scribd.com/doc/112086564/Gloon-of-Central-Banking (Web-view of PDF via Scribd)

And the original PDF:
 - http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/10-2/gloom%20of%20central%20banking.pdf (PDF)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:33:44 PM

Wow two ZeroHedge articles in three days... this is excellent!  @ZeroHedge also tweets these out, and they have over 100,000 followers just on Twitter. This is very big exposure. I've been waiting for ZH to wake up to this forever, and now they see BTC is an enemy of central banks, and because they are enemies of central banks as well, perhaps they'll realize that Bitcoin is an ally.
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:57:28 PM

now they see BTC is an enemy of central banks, and because they are enemies of central banks as well, perhaps they'll realize that Bitcoin is an ally.

Yes, undoubtedly the "enemy of your enemy is your friend" is the best line of persuasion with hard-money people who are skeptical of Bitcoin due to lack of tangibility.

I predict the US Fed, IMF, and major economists will, in 2013, put out papers on the Bitcoin topic.  Central bankers and academics have lemming characteristics, and many will jump onto this bandwagon now that it's been legitimised as a "respectable" area of research by a "serious" institution.  Floodgates have been opened.

It's a beautiful virtuous circle for Bitcoin, and a beautiful vicious circle for government fiat.  The more they talk about Bitcoin, the more acceptable and established it becomes, the more it will undermine and expose them, and the more they will have to talk about it.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:04:07 PM

Read through the comments on each, and something has changed over there. Most mentions of bitcoin prior to that had a lot of trolls and one-offs very cynical about the entire idea. Now, I see that there are people actually discussing it, and willing to put forth explanations to those with the 'newbie' questions on bitcoin.

I suggested over there that someone setup a gold/bitcoin service for Precious Metals hoarders. Perhaps a light bulb will light up for someone who already has 'stacked' their stash, but wants to trade some excess.

Exciting times, for sure.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 09:34:00 PM

Read through the comments on each, and something has changed over there. Most mentions of bitcoin prior to that had a lot of trolls and one-offs very cynical about the entire idea. Now, I see that there are people actually discussing it, and willing to put forth explanations to those with the 'newbie' questions on bitcoin.

The comments show that the ZH public is very well aware of the concept.

Now that people are increasingly aware of Bitcoin I think the next step is to start calling people out who pontificate about Bitcoin but have never actually engaged in a transaction. It would be as simple as: "Well, have you ever sent a bitcoin? No? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?"

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:41:00 PM

Gold certificate=paper, it's totally worthless.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 10:05:05 PM

tldr; Title: "The Gloom of Central Banking" by Tuur Demeester. They are well aware and sincerely afraid of Bitcoin and they don't know what to do about it. A nice read.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 02:53:19 AM

Nice job guys/gals !!!

A large audience like that exposed to BTC !  that's really great !   At least, I beleive in this marketing : "speak of it good or bad, does'nt matter, as long as you speak of it" Smiley

I'm pretty sure we'll see, in the next month or two some variance in demand/volume in various BTC exchange due to this new large audience !

Well done

two thumbs up Cheesy

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 03:07:27 AM

I suggested over there that someone setup a gold/bitcoin service for Precious Metals hoarders. Perhaps a light bulb will light up for someone who already has 'stacked' their stash, but wants to trade some excess.

Coinabul.com

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:27:30 AM

+1 Coinabul

Very nice PDF from Tuur Demeester "The Gloom of Central Banking" as stated by molecular !
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/10-2/gloom%20of%20central%20banking.pdf

First part about actual banking system, a bit of history, can read fast if you're used to the stuff..

Second part about Bitcoin Cheesy   really interesting, and I'm pretty sur A LOT of folks not knowing Bitcoins will dig a lot more into the stuff Cheesy

a must read for enthousiat !
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:44:37 AM

Coinabul.com

can the metal-blockheads SELL some of their precious coins/bars on coinabul.com and GET some precious bits for them? These folk tend to be low on fiat.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 04:16:25 PM

the zerohedge article about the ECB paper triggered BrotherJohnF (a sort of silver evangelist, has > 10,000 subscribers on his main channel) to revive his bitcoin channel, for the following reason.

Quote from: brotherjohnf
Zerohedge has been pretty much silent about the Bitcoin for a very long time and that's the reason why I'm reviving this channel because we're now breaking into the mainstream

to kind of sum up his stance let me quote from the beginning of the vid:

Quote from: brotherjohnf
It is a war of the central bankers against the people, a war of the people against the central bankers. In my opinion silver and Bitcoin really are both the number one and two weapon against the central bankers that people can use as very important votes. Much more important votes than the ones you are going to be casting in the following days for the presidency because that is already a rigged game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBw7BFeGek&feature=g-user-u

I have to agree with previous commentators that ZH picking up bitcoin is pretty huge.

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 01:43:08 AM

Molecular, I agree - it is a big step. A lot of radars got 'pinged' today just having those articles appear on Zerohedge.

I also agree with the statement about voting with bitcoin versus in the election - in fact, I tell that to people (who can handle new ideas) that I'm doing just that.

It is the only hope of freedom I have at the moment.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:19:18 AM

I read another Zerohedge post about bitcoin today, which reminded me of this thread. Seems like ZH is running an article or two a week about (or referencing) bitcoin these days.

We've come a long way.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:07:16 AM

I read another Zerohedge post about bitcoin today, which reminded me of this thread. Seems like ZH is running an article or two a week about (or referencing) bitcoin these days.

We've come a long way.

indeed. Even ebay can't be silent any more.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:22:30 PM

This tweet from yesterday:

...reminded me of this thread.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:28:15 PM

These goddamn metal-blockheads!

If they would think outside of their silver boxes for once, they would see the bitcoin light and buy in hordes.

Seriously, it's such a perfect fit for their frame of mind... yet they have such an aversion to anything that is "not real and tangible" (which can even be argued to be the case for bitcoin) that they just cannot, for the love of their lives, even consider bitcoin.

There seem to be exceptions, like Brother John F, who has been reporting on bitcoin and it's awesome features a couple of times in his show ("Silver Update" on youtube). Unfortunately he stopped doing it, because, I think, he received too much negative feedback from his viewers.

I think they are no early-adopters. They will follow eventually on the crypto-currency bandwagon.

looks like it, yes.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:37:59 PM

Keep in mind, ZH is a financial NEWS site. Btc is not news anymore. Even the events that get us bitcoiners all excited isn't news worthy to the plebes. It's still very much a niche thing. There needs to be verifiable facts behind the news. Most of what gets published in the btc-centric news outlets is conjecture, opinion, or rumours. This won't fly with a traditional hard news agency.

That said, I'm guessing someone at ZH is strongly anti-btc because you would think with their left of centre stance and generally libertarian views that they would promote the btc like crazy.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:54:58 PM

ZH is warming slowley to Bitcoin. Generally the negativity comes from Gold Bug posters who tend to see it as an attack on their personal belief that only Gold is money.

I think many there are getting that Bitcoin is actually serving the role Gold is susposed to do is picking up on rumbles in the financial system, inflation and currency debasement etc.

I think ZH just had a laugh at the bubble that formed and the foolishness of late investors to a parabolic run up in the charts.

I agree there should some actual positive Bitcoin articles on there, I think I saw one the other day. Don't forget ZH is not just one poster, many are rumoured to post under Tyler Durden name so there can be an inconsistency on Bitcoin on the site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: