Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Softmodded 4.2U Wii + 320Gb WD External Loaded [13BTC]  (Read 1845 times)
Snapman (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:53:37 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 01:52:14 AM by Snapman

For sale:
White Softmodded 4.2u Wii + 320Gb WD MyPassport w/100+ Backups Loaded

Asking Price:

Price Includes Shipping To US. Willing to ship international if costs are covered.
Willing to go through escrow if needed.

Model: RVL-001(USA)
Serial Number Starts: LU337**

Softmods include: USBloaderGX, GCBackupLoader, Bootmii, Ability to play both Wii & Gamecube backup discs. SD has included BIOS backup saved on the card. Fully Operational Unit.

Includes stand, sensorbar, wii controller (and nunchuck) w/Wii motion plus, 1GB SD card, and power cord/component/rca hookups. Also a white Nyko Wii battery 2-slot charge station (w/2 rechargeable battery packs) & gamecube controller w/ nyko 64Mb memory card.

Shipping Via USPS Priority Large Flat Rate Box.

Contact On Skype @ smokinfatoners

My Reputation
Forum member for over a year.
Ebay 100% Positive Feedback (http://myworld.ebay.com/doodz04)

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:12:18 PM

Just so everyone knows, this version of the Wii is the USA model and will play DVDs and burned backups unlike the newer versions.

*May require a software download and install to watch DVDs.

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:12:11 PM

Did you mod it yourself? I have two wiis with bad dvd drives that I want to soft mod. Can you assist?
Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 10:18:10 PM

Yes self modded. Its all dependent to your system menu version, some versions do require a authentic game disc to softmod.

ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:01:03 AM

I soft modded my Wii and ever since we (my friends and family) have used it a thousand times more than previously. It's our dvd player downstairs, we use it for netflix, and of course for playing games since I also have a 320GB HDD that my games are on. The load times are MUCH better, and you don't have to change disks.

On the topic of soft modding, try using the letterbomb (google it. Smiley ) before you try the zelda method. Letterbomb worked perfectly for me the first time.
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:16:28 AM

I soft modded my Wii and ever since we (my friends and family) have used it a thousand times more than previously. It's our dvd player downstairs, we use it for netflix, and of course for playing games since I also have a 320GB HDD that my games are on. The load times are MUCH better, and you don't have to change disks.

On the topic of soft modding, try using the letterbomb (google it. Smiley ) before you try the zelda method. Letterbomb worked perfectly for me the first time.

so I have two wiis, both have homebrew channel installed, but its old. one has usb loader, but when i open it it shows the blank squares for a second and then goes back to the system menu. is there like an updater or something?
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:24:23 AM

so I have two wiis, both have homebrew channel installed, but its old. one has usb loader, but when i open it it shows the blank squares for a second and then goes back to the system menu. is there like an updater or something?

I have only had to update the homebrew channel once, and it prompted me once I opened it. However, that may be a newer feature. I would try the letterbomb since it packages the latest HBC and see if that installer works. USB loader might also just be set up incorrectly. I use Configurable USB loader (or something along those lines) and it took forever and a day to get it working properly.
Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 01:27:27 AM

before you go on a softmod quest, i would recommend installing bootmii (installer comes with recent vers of dvdx & hbc), just in case anything bad happens and you need a backup to work from.

gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 02:11:03 PM

Out of curiosity (I have my own Wii, softmodded, and I don't plan on buying a new one), is BootMii installed on boot2 or as IOS? Newer Wiis can only install as IOS.

To watch DVDs, the "software download and install" you'll have to do is most likely WiiMC. I can assure you it works well as a decent DVD player (and also network/USB/SD media player). Just don't expect to throw HD/HDready media at is as the Wii doesn't have enough horsepower to decode it.

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 02:13:50 PM

I was able to install bootmii on boot2 since its an older model. I think the original system menu version i started with was 3.1U

Snapman (OP)

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:29:47 AM

bump

Snapman (OP)