Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Reddit /r/DarkNetMarkets Admin and User Accounts Subpoenaed by ICE  (Read 512 times)
DarknetMarkets (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:11:11 PM

The following announcement was posted five minutes ago to /r/DarknetMarkets by admin gwern.

5 Reddit users have been subpoenaed by ICE in relations to the Evolution exit scam and attempting/faked doxing attempt of NSWGREAT and the two Evo admins, Verto and Kimble.

/r/DarkNetMarkets has received its first known LE subpoena: a request for 5 accounts’ data, including mine, related to Evolution and the supposed doxing/leaks.

Recently (2015-03-25), I was alerted by Reddit that there had been a subpoena for my Reddit account information and they would be responding by 2015-03-30; this followed their privacy policy where they inform all accounts affected by subpoenas if there is no gag order (which is more than most websites will do for you):

16. We may disclose – or preserve for future disclosure – your information if we believe, after due consideration, that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance via reddit’s private messaging system unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so (e.g., an order under 18 U.S.C. § 2705(b)). We reserve the right to delay notice to users in cases involving the exploitation of minors and when we believe a delay is necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.

Read the rest:

http://darknetmarkets.org/news/five-reddit-admins-and-user-accounts-subpoenaed-by-ice/
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:42:26 PM

A few months ago I submitted a list of subreddits (including DNM) related to illicit activity to tips.fbi.gov - after reddit ignored my message to the admins.

Looks like they are finally doing something.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: