Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:52:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending BTC with two-factor authorization, issues  (Read 1237 times)
typesoshee (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:06:27 PM

I'm trying to send BTC from my Electrum wallet. My wallet has two-factor authorization, which uses Google Authenticator/trustedcoin.com

I enter my password and the code that Google Authenticator gives me, and the transaction doesn't seem to complete and instead says something like "Status: Partially signed (1/2)". (I've tried this many, many times with the same result.)

Does anyone have issues like this or know what might be causing this? I had a similar issue when initially creating this two-factor authorization wallet, but realized that the issue was my phone's clock wasn't synchronized with the internet, so once I synchronized that, my Google Authenticator gave me correct codes and I was able to create the wallet. So I have at least once, successfully entered a Google Authenticator code into Electrum. Currently, I've made sure to synch my phone's time to the internet as well as my desktop's time to "time.windows.com". So I feel like I have that covered, so I don't know what is causing this current issue with sending BTC and the Google Authenticator code thing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:07:35 PM

I'm guessing that you probably have multisig enabled. I don't know how electrum works, but since it says it's only partially signed, I would advise to check your wallet.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 07:15:30 PM

What you describe looks like trustedcoin did not sign the transaction because of that clock issue.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
typesoshee (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:00:19 AM

I thought that the fact that I successfully entered the Google Authenticator/trustedcoin code when I signed up initially for a 2-factor authorization Electrum wallet meant I had resolved the time issue... but I tried Settings, Time Correction for codes, and Sync now in Google Authenticator.  It said that the time was synced but there was no time change (I assume because I had already synced it before).  But then, I tried to send money in Electrum and it worked...  So yeah, apparently there was a difference.  For the record, as of now, I last synced my phone's clock using Google Authenticator's "Sync now" and my desktop computer with "time.windows.com".

Thanks!
shadrachgreenwald

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:24:54 PM

Hi,

I know this is an old topic but I have the same issue but have not been able to resolve it.

Info:

MacBook with Electrum 2.5.4 (latest) installed. 2FA wallet with Trusted[Suspicious link removed]gle Authenticator delivers the OTP (otp - One Time Password).
I have Google Authenticator installed on my iPhone 6. There is no option/setting in Google Authenticator for the iPhone for what you talk about here, quote:"but I tried Settings, Time Correction for codes, and Sync now in Google Authenticator." That doesn´t exist in the iOS app. However, I have my Date & Time on both my iPhone and MacBook synced with the internet, standard settings.

Problem: Like you, when I try to transfer funds out of my Electrum wallet I get an error message saying "invalid otp" which must mean that it will not accept my Google Authenticator password (my One Time Password). How do I solve this? My clocks are syncronized.

Please help Smiley Also, yes I have read everything on Electrum´s "Docs"/FAQ/help stuff and also TrustedCoins website, and none of them provide any answers.

Also, if restoring my Electrum 2FA Trustedcoin wallet is the only option, how do I go about doing that? And no, the Electrum docs do not explain how to do it, they just say it is possible. If I go to "File" in my Electrum application for MacBook there is an option for "New/Restore" (as if that is the same thing, weird). If I click it I am prompted to create a new wallet, there is nothing about Restoring a wallet there. If I follow through the steps all that happens is I end up with another wallet. What happened to the "Restore" part of "New/Restore"?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: