Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats wrong with the trust system?  (Read 1636 times)
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:11:25 PM

Hi

I had +11 green trust a day before and now its only +6. I saw in my profile and people who used to be under "trusted feedback" are now under untrusted! Huh Why?

I was also in default trust list from escrow.ms, he removed me because I did not sent him 33+ BTC first.  I want to deal face to face but he want urgent and want me to send him instantly and he will pay me money next day. I told him find other seller. So he removed me from his trust list.

I have no issue because having in default trust list is not an additional advantage.
do you have any PM/chat logs to support this? I don't think someone neglecting to take precautions when trading is an appropriate reason to remove someone from their trust list.

Yup Whatsapp chat. We both live in same city and did many deals face to face and even I sent him mostly time first without hesitant. But that deals 5-10 Btc but this time it was big deal and some days ago someone sent me money from hacked account and my bank account got freezed from cyber crime. So I am taking precaution and not dealing with unknown person or through Bank.

That's why I did not sent him first told him will not sent first. But I don't have any issue if he removed me.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:19:10 PM

The first thing any newbie should do is remove "DefaultTrust" from their trust list. Why it is in there in the first place is a matter of speculation, but the fact is, a good portion of the people in "DefaultTrust" can't be trusted nor should you trust them, since you don't know them.

Remove everyone from your trust list and start building your own trust list of people you actually trust. Don't trust the site op and moderators, they are not here to help you or protect you from scammers or anything like that... that is your job. Don't blindly trust, remove DefaultTrust

Now how exactly is a newbie suppose to know who he can and cannot trust to give proper trust ratings? I think it is safe to say that you are giving very bad advice

Bad advice? So you think blindly trusting people who use the trust system as a weapon and a trust system that has built in scammers is somehow better than not trusting anyone be default? You are whack, man. A newbie is suppose to know who to trust by doing dealings with people and building up that trust network. Relying on AnonymousInternetUser to tell you who to trust and who not to trust is the very definition of insanity, especially when that very same user has repeatedly told newbies to trust known scammers.

It's very, very bad advice to tell a newbie that they can trust someone when that person has not earned any of that trust.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:25:47 AM

Was surprised to see MarcotheMiner's overall trust turn negative suddenly.
This must have been one massive "clean-up" carried out.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

I think escrow.ms did most of the "clean up" by removing devthedev, cooldgamer, and deadley from his trust list. While deadley provided an explanation as to why he may have been removed by escrow.ms, I am interested in knowing the reasoning behind devthedev and cooldgamer getting removed too. Both of these guys are extremely trustworthy in my books.

My trust rating took a pretty big hit when CITM got removed from default trust and then again when escrow.ms did a clean up. Although I don't really care, it is quite surprising to see certain users like marcotheminer go all the way into the red because of this.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 03:25:04 AM

My trust rating took a pretty big hit when CITM got removed from default trust

Almost everyone's did, it was expected when you remove half of default trust. Consider it a rebalance though, so everyone went down relatively equally.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 03:25:41 AM

My trust rating took a pretty big hit when CITM got removed from default trust

Almost everyone's did, it was expected when you remove half of default trust. Consider it a rebalance though, so everyone went down relatively equally.

Agreed. Definitely don't mind it at all. There were too many people under CITM's trust list that shouldn't be.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: