Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOC IOC IOC IOC IOC  (Read 1743 times)
steelhouse (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 11:46:50 PM

Are there any pools that let you merge mine IOC?

The difficuly is going to again halve in about 2 weeks.  Making it the lowest inflation coin out there.

09/06/12
15137448 almost 3/4 will be out

If you are a programmer and interest in creating a coin.   Consider buying ioc coin and fixing the software.  You can get a good chunk for only a couple of btc.  From 9/06/12 to 09/06/13 the inflation might be less than 10%, making it less inflationary than the U.S. dollar.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 03:05:15 AM

Why aren't more pools merged mining I0C/IXC/DVC? Is it difficult to configure pool software to mine multiple alt-chains?  Is the slight additional computational cost not worth it?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:36:24 AM

Why aren't more pools merged mining I0C/IXC/DVC? Is it difficult to configure pool software to mine multiple alt-chains?  Is the slight additional computational cost not worth it?
mmpool is still merge mining them. I'd planned to stop I0C as the number of stales and orphans made it non breakeven for the PPS pool. Currently it's still going but at a much reduced PPS rate to break even. The i0coin daemon is also using over a gig of memory and the frequent block rate results in a performance hit when merge mining since a new bitcoin block is created internally for mining when the aux changes have a new block.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 04:41:34 AM

Weird, my i0coin daemon isn't using a lot of RAM right now. I had had troubels with i0coin in the past but right now it seems very well behaved. Maybe its your turn to do a restart of it or something as I don't know what changed but lately I've had no trouble with it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: