Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie looking to buy some coins  (Read 770 times)
Rednek (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:03:13 AM

Have a moneypak with about 180 dollars. Dont have the reciept so i am willing to send code first and wait for confirmation. Buying btcs at mtgox price
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:10:32 AM

A quick piece of advice.  Sending first is no protection if you don't have a receipt.   "MoneyPak someone must have hacked my code.  I have never used it and today when I tried to add funds to XXXX it said code invalid  I have a receipt to prove I am the one person who bought it.  I have no idea who might have guessed my code but I certainly never gave it to anyone".

Not saying you would do that of course but sending first is completely and utterly meaningless without a receipt more than one person has been burned.  

BTW I will sell you some coins if you send first and are willing to wait 90 days for your coins. Smiley
Rednek (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:24:07 AM

Not helping me here at all man. I want btc's to hell with any non encrypted currency. I tried to add more to it to get a new reciept but I have to buy a new card says mr. cashregisterman. I only want a fair and even exchange of mpusd to btc
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:03:05 AM

I only want a fair and even exchange of mpusd to btc

You're in a tight situation there.  

Moneypak can be intercepted online so easily and because of that so few around here on the forum would be willing to accept it without a receipt showing it was purchased with cash.

If you have a PayPal debit card, you can load it from your Moneypak, and then withdraw as cash back when using the card as a debit card or by using an ATM.

If you don't have a PayPal debit card, you can do the same thing by buying a prepaid debit card, register it and then load it using the Moneypak.  From there, the options are mostly the same -- spend it, or cash back during a purchase.  I'm not entirely sure if the card will let you withdraw cash at an ATM, or if you need to wait until the permanent card arrives.    I've also read that you might not even need to register the debit card to load amounts under $500.

The fees in doing that are going to hurt though.

The best advice is to not mess with Moneypack as a method for buying bitcoins.  For cashing out, sure -- they work great.  But for buying, they are just as bad as any other reversible payment method thus few will trade bitcoins for them unless you have a good trust history - e.g., on the #bitcoin-otc Web of Trust (WoT).

One other approach is to use your Moneypak for a purchase.

- https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

One of the options is to purchase an Amazon gift card and use that for a purchase from Amazon:
 - https://www.moneypak.com/Partner/Payment.aspx/AmazonGiftCard

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Rednek (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:13:27 AM

Good to hear Im fucked. Juss wanted mushies to be dead honest. Not here to rip people off, trip fuckin face is my only concern..
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 06:10:07 AM

Good to hear Im fucked. Not here to rip people off

Welcome to the newbie forums.  Sadly scammers make it rough on all of.  So its guilty until proven innocent.

IMNSHO I would go with an Amazon Gift Card instead, it tends to be easier to barter.

Just my BTC0.02 BTC  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: