Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats wrong with the trust system?  (Read 1636 times)
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:42:33 PM

Hi

I had +11 green trust a day before and now its only +6. I saw in my profile and people who used to be under "trusted feedback" are now under untrusted! Huh Why?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:44:18 PM

Hi

I had +11 green trust a day before and now its only +4. I saw in my profile and people who used to be under "trusted feedback" are now under untrusted! Huh Why?

It seems someone (or several people) on level one decided to clean their lists and remove some users from level 2, so they're not trusted anymore. It's up to them to decide who they include in their lists.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:45:46 PM

Those who gave you trust had their trust score lowered or trust removed. You have done nothing wrong but you are affected by the "clean up".  Cheesy
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:06:02 PM

The trust system is so open to abuse that it isn't a reliable metric anyway. Many people were burned by users with high trust ratings. Look at PB mining as an example.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:29:46 PM

Those who gave you trust had their trust score lowered or trust removed. You have done nothing wrong but you are affected by the "clean up".  Cheesy

And the lowering definitely would seem like a big impact depending on your people who rated.  Some have insane ratings that can make or break your trust rating.
nambich

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:37:08 PM

I want  to give you all +1 but I don't know how to do it. Please show me to give +1 to you all

Thanks !
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 11:37:39 PM

Some have insane ratings that can make or break your trust rating.

No. That's not how the trust system works. It doesn't matter the total rating of the people who leave feedback in your profile. What matters is how many positive and negative trusted ratings you have in your profile and how old those ratings are. What changed today is that several people stopped being trusted by default so their feedback stopped affecting other people's trust (OP included).
And people stopped being trusted by default because the users on level 1 who added them to their list (and therefore made them trusted by default) removed them from there. Every person who is trusted by default affects your trust exactly the same way. It doesn't matter how many trust points they have.

goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:16:13 AM

Hi

I had +11 green trust a day before and now its only +6. I saw in my profile and people who used to be under "trusted feedback" are now under untrusted! Huh Why?

Looking through your feedbacks, I see cooldgamer is in untrusted feedback. He was removed from th etrust list by whoever trusted him earlier resulting his feedback becoming untrusted in default list.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:55:48 AM

hhmmmmm and why this sudden clean up? Why were the default trust of so many people removed suddenly on one day?
nambich

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:53:28 AM

I don't know anything about trust system. I hope that someone here will teach me how to do it

Thanks !
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:22:22 AM

Sometimes the people who got the trust, has a recent negative rep mark, which can change your overall rep.

Esp, if its based on only that rep you have. It wont matter though, if you do enough transactions with more repp people.
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:17 AM

The first thing any newbie should do is remove "DefaultTrust" from their trust list. Why it is in there in the first place is a matter of speculation, but the fact is, a good portion of the people in "DefaultTrust" can't be trusted nor should you trust them, since you don't know them.

Remove everyone from your trust list and start building your own trust list of people you actually trust. Don't trust the site op and moderators, they are not here to help you or protect you from scammers or anything like that... that is your job. Don't blindly trust, remove DefaultTrust
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:34:01 AM

The first thing any newbie should do is remove "DefaultTrust" from their trust list. Why it is in there in the first place is a matter of speculation, but the fact is, a good portion of the people in "DefaultTrust" can't be trusted nor should you trust them, since you don't know them.

The second thing such a newbie will do is get scammed.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:44:07 AM

Hi

Looking through your feedbacks, I see cooldgamer is in untrusted feedback. He was removed from th etrust list by whoever trusted him earlier resulting his feedback becoming untrusted in default list.
I am not sure whose trust list cooldgamer was on, however I know that escrow.ms cleaned up his trust list today - I know that devthedev and cronicsky were both removed from his list today (possibly among others).

Remove everyone from your trust list and start building your own trust list of people you actually trust. Don't trust the site op and moderators, they are not here to help you or protect you from scammers or anything like that... that is your job. Don't blindly trust, remove DefaultTrust

Now how exactly is a newbie suppose to know who he can and cannot trust to give proper trust ratings? I think it is safe to say that you are giving very bad advice
peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:12:22 PM

Hi

You are still green, so there is nothing to complain. Some others shave fared much worse.

wow. He went from having dark green trust to having negative trust in only one day. I wonder if bit-x is going to want to use a new escrow because of this new development.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:46:10 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 03:35:05 PM by LaudaM

Here is what I see:
Trust:   12: -0 / +8(Cool
The trust is quite complicated here, hopefully it will be changed in the new forum. A lot of people have seen changes happening. I guess it was spring cleaning for the trust system.

A bit off topic, but it's better than to start a new thread: Does anyone know why Stunna was removed from default trust? I've seen that 'This user's password was reset recently.' on the profile.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 02:07:34 PM

I can see that you have only "1" green trust from escrow.ms. I don't know why everyone can see a different trust rating of a user. Lately I have noticed even other trusted users' trust rating has changed due to deletion of few members from the default trust.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:07:09 PM

I can see that you have only "1" green trust from escrow.ms. I don't know why everyone can see a different trust rating of a user. Lately I have noticed even other trusted users' trust rating has changed due to deletion of few members from the default trust.

Here (with only the DefautlTrust 'user' in my personal trust list):

I have seen few users have been removed (as someone said : cooldgamer, bitpop, chronicsky, etc... all those users in one day).
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:47:52 PM

Hi

I was also in default trust list from escrow.ms, he removed me because I did not sent him 33+ BTC first.  I want to deal face to face but he want urgent and want me to send him instantly and he will pay me money next day. I told him find other seller. So he removed me from his trust list.

I have no issue because having in default trust list is not an additional advantage.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:05:00 PM

Hi

I was also in default trust list from escrow.ms, he removed me because I did not sent him 33+ BTC first.  I want to deal face to face but he want urgent and want me to send him instantly and he will pay me money next day. I told him find other seller. So he removed me from his trust list.

I have no issue because having in default trust list is not an additional advantage.
do you have any PM/chat logs to support this? I don't think someone neglecting to take precautions when trading is an appropriate reason to remove someone from their trust list.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: