Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (XEM) NEM Speculation thread  (Read 14549 times)
Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 03:29:36 AM

Meh, so you had a successful launch...
And your value is down about 10% from where it traded on NXT AE ($3,000,000 cap).

Not much you can do on NEM, is there...
And any plans for exchanges/markets are discussion stage ONLY.

https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/decentralized-market-based-on-nem-platform/

You're just fighting over the 50,000 hardcore crypto junkies...
NEM with its NIS, NCC, delegated harvesting, secret POI formula, etc = techie jargon...
And 64 bit desktop Java requirements NEM was not exactly designed by Apple for real people.

Personally, I want NEM to succeed because it directly helps NXT... maybe you pull a rabbit out of the hat.

But you will always be one year behind NXT and it's gonna be a long, hard slog under 100 sats...
Unless you guys can get existing Dark Net businesses to move to NEM (which NXT has failed to do).

If I recall correctly NXT was down towards the bottom of the barrel on Marketcap its first couple days after launch.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:24:54 AM

This "coin" (if you can even call it that) is a ridiculous money grab by a bunch of liars, cheaters and thieves.  I feel sorry for the people who buy into this joke.  PoI is fundamentally flawed because there is no way to prevent network topology loops.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:31:52 AM

This "coin" (if you can even call it that) is a ridiculous money grab by a bunch of liars, cheaters and thieves.  I feel sorry for the people who buy into this joke.  PoI is fundamentally flawed because there is no way to prevent network topology loops.

Were your sock puppets shitcanned?  Cheesy
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:36:07 AM

Were your sock puppets shitcanned?  Cheesy

No.  I'm not a liar like the rest of these cheaters and I only claimed ONE STAKE.  I can guarantee you the only sockpuppets that were "canned" were ones that weren't controlled by UtopianFuture and the devs.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:52:15 AM

We need Fiat!

Yes that's what collecting a NEM stake is 100% about  Wink
choochimil

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:59:12 AM

Remember only 1,600 ish stakes are issued the rest are tied up in development funds or something. So it is rarer than 9b right now.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:15:17 PM

First week on exchange and in top 20 on cmc plus volume is pretty good too. NEM is doing great compare to other launches.
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:38:11 AM

How about a NEMstake reward for the number of original stakeholders who never sell the smallest decimal exactly 1 year from now  Cheesy

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:21:07 PM

And your value is down about 10% from where it traded on NXT AE ($3,000,000 cap).

https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/decentralized-market-based-on-nem-platform/

NEM with its NIS, NCC, delegated harvesting, secret POI formula, etc = techie jargon...
And 64 bit desktop Java requirements NEM was not exactly designed by Apple for real people.

Personally, I want NEM to succeed because it directly helps NXT... maybe you pull a rabbit out of the hat.

But you will always be one year behind NXT and it's gonna be a long, hard slog under 100 sats...
Unless you guys can get existing Dark Net businesses to move to NEM (which NXT has failed to do).

If I recall correctly NXT was down towards the bottom of the barrel on Marketcap its first couple days after launch.

It's a very bad sign when you cannot answer with NEM's merits... but change the subject to ancient NXT history.
Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:03:42 PM

It's a very bad sign when you cannot answer with NEM's merits... but change the subject to ancient NXT history.

You were talking about marketcaps. You said NEM's marketcap wasn't very good after launch, and then you compared it to NXT. So I replied that NXT (which I'm not hating on at all) had a very small marketcap when it launched. I remember because everyone thought DGEX was shady and was avoiding it, and suddenly NXT skyrocketed to almost $.08-.10. My point being, give NEM some time to breath before you write it off.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:15:37 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 09:46:09 PM by TaunSew

Coinsy isn't from the core development team or the marketing team - he's just one of the thousands of people who are NEM / XEM holders, including me, it is Our NEM.

At the moment the price of XEM is really pure speculation but that was no different from NEMstake from June 2014 to March 2015. .  I think NEM's mobile client is coming out in a week or weeks (...months?) but, as awesome it could end up being, I don't think it by itself will send XEM into the stratosphere..  because there's already some alts with mobile clients and it's not really a huge wow factor.

In terms of speculation I'm only really seeing:

1. NEM has to avoid hacks / thefts and then it can promote itself as being the safest / most secured crypto currency (due to Cosigning, Eigentrust++, et al).  Yes exchange theft can be prevented if they all implement cosigning with funds.

2. AltNemo / Ecosystem has to take off

3. User adoption (which will probably be the result of the above two, plus some marketing).

There's also always the scenario that the Chinese come in and pump (like they did with NXT, BTS, et cetera) but that will only send a coin to around $60-$100 million and what goes up must come down.. and it doesn't goess well for a coin's reputation if people get burned by extreme volatility..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:58:37 PM

Coinsy isn't from the core development team or the marketing team - he's just one of the thousands of people who are NEM / XEM holders, including me, it is Our NEM.

At the moment the price of XEM is really pure speculation but that was no different from NEMstake from June 2014 to March 2015. .  I think NEM's mobile client is coming out in a week or weeks (...months?) but, as awesome it could end up being, I don't think it by itself will send XEM into the stratosphere..  because there's already some alts with mobile clients and it's not really a huge wow factor.

In terms of speculation I'm only really seeing:

1. NEM has to avoid hacks / thefts and then it can promote itself as being the safest / most secured crypto currency (due to Cosigning, Eigentrust++, et al).  Yes exchange theft can be prevented if they all implement cosigning with funds.

2. AltNemo / Ecosystem has to take off

3. User adoption (which will probably be the result of the above two, plus some marketing).

There's also always the scenario that the Chinese come in and pump (like they did with NXT, BTS, et cetera) but that will only send a coin to around $60-$100 million and what goes up must come down.. and it doesn't goess well for a coin's reputation if people get burned by extreme volatility..

Volatility is inevitable.  You just have to fight through it.  That's crypto.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:43:42 AM

NEM gets on another exchange and there will be a lot of volatility up I think.

kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:28:14 AM

is there any evidence that puppet masters have consolidated socks into larger accounts?
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:48:42 PM

NEM Is released and trading? I must have missed the news.
Time to claim the coins if someone can provide a link.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:11:45 PM

NEM Is released and trading? I must have missed the news.
Time to claim the coins if someone can provide a link.

nem launched march 31, 2015 at 19:00 UTC. About 2 hours later Poloniex opened trading for XEM/BTC. Currently XEM is only trading on poloniex. However it's speculated that more exchanges will become available this week and weeks to come.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:04:30 AM

I own both NXT and NEM on the theory that ONE of them will do something right.

Is it too hard to understand that building toys for 50,000 crypto hobbyists is a Losing Game?

You have to target specific business niches that can benefit from a decentralized platform...
Like torrents, VPNs, hidden hosting, etc.

Torrent sites are dropping like flies...
Instead of building another freaking "market" so 17 yo can sell t-shirts...
Build a turnkey toolbox for hosting a torrent site...
There is endless open source code for this... tap into a specific $100 million business.

You'll need some simple p2p storage for web sites and back end...
But the first Gen 2.0 platform to host torrent sites anon will jump into the Top 3 market cap.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:44:13 AM

It's just the whales keeping the price down so they can buy more.

Or the devs dumping the unclaimed stakes.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:54:30 AM

I own both NXT and NEM on the theory that ONE of them will do something right.

Is it too hard to understand that building toys for 50,000 crypto hobbyists is a Losing Game?

You have to target specific business niches that can benefit from a decentralized platform...
Like torrents, VPNs, hidden hosting, etc.

Torrent sites are dropping like flies...
Instead of building another freaking "market" so 17 yo can sell t-shirts...
Build a turnkey toolbox for hosting a torrent site...
There is endless open source code for this... tap into a specific $100 million business.

You'll need some simple p2p storage for web sites and back end...
But the first Gen 2.0 platform to host torrent sites anon will jump into the Top 3 market cap.

NEM is a platform and XEM is the currency to support the network.  If someone wants to create their torrent thing then they could go with NEM, NXT platform or really a huge list of options to choose from.  There's a lot of coins with fairly open ecosystems and yet the person, you described, hasn't arrived into crypto to do this.

BTW - I would like to hear your model about a 2.0 / 3.0 platform hosting torrents without it being premium (pay to play) content.   A lot of online activity follows the radio model: where the responsibility to pay is shifted onto advertisers willing to pay a premium for product placement and that is how people get their free content.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bit73

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:18:15 PM

Hosting torrents sites could be a big deal for crypto coins. Actually it is already possible using Nxt messages to create apps hosting torrent links.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: