Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:16:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona Lawmaker: Church Attendance Should Be Mandatory  (Read 544 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:04:27 AM

A Republican lawmaker is raising eyebrows after proposing church attendance should be made mandatory.
Arizona State Sen. Sylvia Allen made the comments during a committee meeting with lawmakers. The meeting was concerning a gun bill and concealed weapons permits, as reported by KPHO.

“I believe what’s happening to our country is that there’s a moral erosion of the soul of America,” Allen said.
Allen said more people may feel the need to carry weapons if a “moral rebirth” doesn’t occur in America.

“It’s the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don’t know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity that we have. Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,” she told the committee, as reported by KPHO.

More...http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/03/27/arizona-lawmaker-church-attendance-should-be-mandatory/
GeminiSimba

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:14:56 AM

I'll join the church of Kama Sutra and Tantra with maybe a little druidism on the side Wink

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:43:32 AM

This is exactly the reason why GOP is fading away from the American political scene. Those days are over, when right-wing nuts would have brought enough votes to win an election. If the Repubs have any brain, then they'll give people like Rand Paul more say in the running of the party.

That said, isn't Sylvia Allen the one who tried to save her evil son-in-law from sexual abuse investigation? (Her son-in-law is a detention officer who sexually molested several women in the Navajo County jail).
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:58 AM

There should be laws to go to church.  Maybe crypto currency wouldn't be so brutal. Scammers would be in jail. Lol

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:47:18 AM

I'll join the church of Kama Sutra and Tantra with maybe a little druidism on the side Wink

Good call

http://www.druidry.org/

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:51:10 AM

This is exactly the reason why GOP is fading away from the American political scene. Those days are over, when right-wing nuts would have brought enough votes to win an election. If the Repubs have any brain, then they'll give people like Rand Paul more say in the running of the party.

That said, isn't Sylvia Allen the one who tried to save her evil son-in-law from sexual abuse investigation? (Her son-in-law is a detention officer who sexually molested several women in the Navajo County jail).
Agreed, Mr. BC. I think we're on the same page and even more going forward. Good grief, the shows I watch on tv are close to what you're purveying. Good times ahead ma friend.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:24:57 AM

I always wished that "separation of church and state" actually meant something in this county; it's such a nice concept.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 06:56:35 AM

I always wished that "separation of church and state" actually meant something in this county; it's such a nice concept.

The problem is there are a lot of religious people all within the government system, they're employees and government officials alike, all the main leaders on the surface at least always talk about God, yeah we've got a similar sort of problem here as well. Politicians always talk about standing up for freedom of expression but when they see the religious voting blocs they freeze up and immediately talk about how important marriage is etc. and switch the conversation to their views instead of having an opinion themselves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: