Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:38:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids today have a lot less freedom than their parents did.  (Read 1444 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:17:44 AM

The Shortening Leash
Six thousand respondents to the Slate survey and the trend is clear: Kids today have a lot less freedom than their parents did.
What were you allowed to do when you were a kid? In July, South Carolina mother Debra Harrell was arrested for allowing her 9-year-old daughter to play in the park unattended while she was at work. Harrell’s arrest prompted outrage, but also an outpouring of nostalgia, as indignant readers remembered activities they routinely did as children that are considered near criminal today. So we asked Slate readers to answer a survey about what they were allowed to do as kids, and also what they let their own children do today. About 6,000 of you answered, and the results give a fairly clear picture, over several decades, of a shortening leash for American children.

More//...http://www.slate.com/articles/life/family/2014/08/slate_childhood_survey_results_kids_today_have_a_lot_less_freedom_than_their.html?wpsrc=sp_all_article_storypromo
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:40:54 AM

Nowadays, most of the schoolteachers are of the ultra-left or radical feminist types. They always thrust their views upon small children. I remember an incident, when a 3-year old kid was termed as racist, because he liked a white doll more than a black one.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:21 AM

Nowadays, most of the schoolteachers are of the ultra-left or radical feminist types. They always thrust their views upon small children. I remember an incident, when a 3-year old kid was termed as racist, because he liked a white doll more than a black one.

Of course that is not racist:
Sadly, there was a famous study/test and even the black kids preferred white dolls (since they had self-esteem issues with being black)

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:54:37 AM

Thank you for the commentary from the both of you but now we're going into the shitzone. If race doesn't make a joke for the dominatrix's then we all lose. The liberals have this position on their side as they run this line of thought.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:04:31 AM

I am scared for those kids, hopefully they turn out to rebel against the ultra facist parental generation, and we get a weird mix of hippies like the 1970s well in a digital age ha-ha.

The opposite response reaction mainly aka another counterculture is born.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:04:45 AM

Of course that is not racist:
Sadly, there was a famous study/test and even the black kids preferred white dolls (since they had self-esteem issues with being black)

Not surprising given the pressure of the whole of society.  Anyone with half a brain isnt "racist" the rest are sheeple being played by the media, angry and against eachother.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:07:20 AM

I am scared for those kids, hopefully they turn out to rebel against the ultra facist parental generation, and we get a weird mix of hippies like the 1970s well in a digital age ha-ha.

The opposite response reaction mainly aka another counterculture is born.

We pretty much are hippies in the digital age, nearly all activism and the like is happening on the internet with lots of people speaking out, the established media and political groups can't stand it which is pretty funny, especially when people actively pick a fight with them for blatantly lying the way they do.

Also, I don't consider Left or Right any better than each other, both are equally opressive just to different groups.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:09:16 AM

They have less freedom because of the dumb shit they do and the environment they live in. Nowadays, maybe you don't have freedom to go where you want, but you could easily be a stripper at 12.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:13:37 AM

I love it when people like you say stupid stuff like that, it's like claiming that you can't pay taxes, have you ever actually tried letting people you know do that? Of course not, you're just full of shit and think you know everything.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:29:28 AM

I love it when people like you say stupid stuff like that, it's like claiming that you can't pay taxes, have you ever actually tried letting people you know do that? Of course not, you're just full of shit and think you know everything.

If you're talking about what I'm saying, then of course! It's happened within my community, within other communities, and within the world! Kids do in fact have more freedom! Nowadays, you can't physically discipline your children! Hell, if you take their smart phones away, they might Poison you with bleach.

I'm not saying this as to say that everyone does this, but what I'm saying is that children have more freedom than we once had 100 years ago. We have emotionally unstable kids nowadays.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:31:27 AM

Not only have they lost freedom..
There is also expected a lot more from them now instead of for 10 - 20 years ago.
There is a lot of pressure and not all can keep the insane standard that some set.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:38:56 AM

If you're talking about what I'm saying, then of course! It's happened within my community, within other communities, and within the world! Kids do in fact have more freedom! Nowadays, you can't physically discipline your children! Hell, if you take their smart phones away, they might Poison you with bleach.

I'm not saying this as to say that everyone does this, but what I'm saying is that children have more freedom than we once had 100 years ago. We have emotionally unstable kids nowadays.

Yes and it can't possibly be because of people like you trying to enforce their will on children any second they get right? Of course not Cheesy
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:41:38 AM

Yes and it can't possibly be because of people like you trying to enforce their will on children any second they get right? Of course not Cheesy

I'll enforce my will on my children so they don't grow up being an asshole to others or walking into a theater to kill people.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:42:44 AM

Doesn't cross your mind for a minute that people like you are the reason children are growing up and shooting up these places does it? That's pure arrogance for you.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:43:30 AM

Doesn't cross your mind for a minute that people like you are the reason children are growing up and shooting up these places does it? That's pure arrogance for you.

Meh. Whatever you say. You probably don't have kids to take care of.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:44:59 AM

That's because when I have sex I'm going to have the sense to wear a condom which I assume you must be against considering you're clearly so obsessed over the rearing of children.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:45:53 AM

That's because when I have sex I'm going to have the sense to wear a condom which I assume you must be against considering you're clearly so obsessed over the rearing of children.

Clearly you're still a teenager.

I'm done complaining with someone so young as to not understand life yet.

One day you will know, and one day you will know why my words meant so much. You probably won't remember it, but you will have that subtle thought in your mind that you've seen it before.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:46:43 AM

LOL! Clearly you're a Christian Wink
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:47:21 AM