Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins lack of interest, lack of traction  (Read 3300 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:17:47 PM

Yup. last 3 months are definitely up.

Those #`s are flawed, since their are people buying and sellling accounts. You can just predict a enormous growth based on those #`s, since it could be old users that go building accounts just to sell it or used for other manipulated purposed.

If you believe that, then thats naive thinking no offense.

Doesn't mater if it's a legit account or not.

There's still more activity one way or another.

You do realize that people can make 200 accounts on average given day right, and its really 1 person. Now do that with on the scale of 2 people thats already 400 accounts.

Or are you not getting growth can be manipulated with people catching on to do the same thing as well.
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:55:47 PM

So they only wanted to start creating new accounts in the past 3 months?   The ones that wanted to create accounts have been doing so for a long time.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 07:45:14 AM

Short history of Bitcoin:

2012: What?
2013: Wow!
2014: Aargh!
2015: Meh.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:55:13 AM

why no interest? I tell you why: because the inflation. These suckers screwed it up. No profit = no interest. Period. People aren't interested in shit where they can't make money. Now we need a solid bullmarket to start without additional interest from the wider public. How will that happen?! It won't.

I have a theory: satoshi subconciously was afraid of his own invention and designed it so it won't take off too hard and cause too much disruption. He was afraid of the potential so he decided to make it more inflationary than needed to be to make sure it won't bring too much chaos to the world.

I think mad pumping doge or similar coins or something nice instead of old bitcoin could make sense for some whales. Bitcoin has faults in the design. Too much supply for many more years.

No. That's too many conspiracy theories for me... The reasons are much simpler. Even factors like Gox's Willy make more sense, or the readily available instruments to short Bitcoin. Before the November 2013 bubble there weren't any serious ways of shorting Bitcoin. Now there are - people can profit from the price going down. And they do - big time.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:01:47 PM

Short history of Bitcoin:

2012: What?
2013: Wow!
2014: Aargh!
2015: Meh.

what about 2010 and 2011? there was a boom in 2011, where bitcoin went to something around x20 increase in price

about 2010 i don't know, and 2015 isn't ended, it can still surprise us
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: