Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:26:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AntMiner S5 integration to mining machine  (Read 721 times)
CRYPT (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:40:23 AM

Hi all, I've been on a 4 year hiatus; and am just recently getting back into bitcoin mining.  I bought my first bitcoins via a WesternUnion 6-day process, while waiting on my ATI Radeon GPUs, 3 of them... looking at an old post, I was happy to be getting 160 Mhash.  Anywho, that system was a tower, with a board and slots to accomodate the Radeon GPUs (duals), and I'm just curious if the same chassis will support this 'AntMiner S5'?  Also, can someone point me to any of the 'recent' best mining practices.  As I know HW technology doubles every 18 months, I'm sure my old rig is well outdated - so, if there's a new way of doing things, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
CRYPT
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:14:36 AM

Hi all, I've been on a 4 year hiatus; and am just recently getting back into bitcoin mining.  I bought my first bitcoins via a WesternUnion 6-day process, while waiting on my ATI Radeon GPUs, 3 of them... looking at an old post, I was happy to be getting 160 Mhash.  Anywho, that system was a tower, with a board and slots to accomodate the Radeon GPUs (duals), and I'm just curious if the same chassis will support this 'AntMiner S5'?  Also, can someone point me to any of the 'recent' best mining practices.  As I know HW technology doubles every 18 months, I'm sure my old rig is well outdated - so, if there's a new way of doing things, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
CRYPT

At this point mining with CPU or even GPU is normally costing more money then you mine.

As far as S5 it takes hardly anything compared to the GPU day's.   It is a all in one unit.  Basically you hook up a psu and set the pools and do nothing more.  It's not near the baby sitting you did with your GPU rigs.   It will take no special chassis, just a shelf or table to put on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: