Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining a Canadian Credit Card and Billing Address  (Read 1683 times)
AirlieBeachBoy (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:44:53 AM

Hi basically Im wondering if anybody knows of a service similar to usunlocked.com but for Canada.

USunlocked allows people outside the US to get a virtual prepaid credit card and billing address which they can then use to shop online at a range of US retailers that dont accept international credit cards.

Anyone know of a service like this for Canada?

I haven't been able to find anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:39:52 AM

Anyone know of a service like this for Canada?

Do you need a card and address, or would simply having a trusted party place your order and re-ship to you be what you are looking for?

Perhaps someone from Local Bitcoins would be willing to be your buying agent:
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

AirlieBeachBoy (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:55:55 AM

Do you need a card and address, or would simply having a trusted party place your order and re-ship to you be what you are looking for?

Hey man. Actually there is nothing to reship. I need it to make use of a service, rather than make a purchase of an item and the service is only available to US and Canadian residents. I need to be able to top up the card so that a monthly amount can be drawn out by the people running the service.

Perhaps someone from Local Bitcoins would be willing to be your buying agent:
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

An agent might work but its a stretch... The agent would need to be able to provide me valid details for a credit card and billing address and keep that card funded so that it could be billed monthly... I guess in return I could pay them a monthly commission (on top of the value deducted from the card by the service provider)... Its a bit much to ask really.

I either need to open a Canadian bank account and get a Credit card with that(although that doesnt solve the billing address problem), or find some kind of virtual service like USunlocked....
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:31:07 PM

the service is only available to US and Canadian residents. I need to be able to top up the card so that a monthly amount can be drawn out by the people running the service.

U.S. or Canada?

There are plenty of prepaid card options in both.

- http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/productsservices/visagiftcard.jsf  (though for monthly charges,  it does say "Online acceptance at all websites cannot be guaranteed due to varying security levels.")

In the U.S. there are dozens of options as well.

I either need to open a Canadian bank account and get a Credit card with that(although that doesnt solve the billing address problem), or find some kind of virtual service like USunlocked....

You might try putting your question the the #bitcoin-cad IRC channel on freenode.  Maybe someone there has a suggestion or would help you out.  With the #bitcoin-otc Web of Trust (WoT), you can help ensure a safe trade if you do find someone.

- http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-cad

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █