Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need alternative to circle, buy bitcoins instantly with debit card/bank account?  (Read 6779 times)
djak24k (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:54:31 AM

Not sure if this is the right forum...but here goes.

So I started out using coin.mx. It was nice being able to have my coins quickly. However, the fees got to me, and I could no longer use it. After searching, trial and error, I found circle. It's been great. I can buy my bitcoins with my bank account, no fees, and have up to $100 instantly. And the price per bitcoin is great, better than coinbase and coin.mx.

But now I want more. I am interested in up to $500 instantly, what are some options? I think my instant limit may increase as I develop a transaction history with them, but this may take a long time, since I'm a small time bitcoin user, whose transactions are infrequently small. However I've never been in debt with them either, I've always been able to pay for the coins I buy, which is good. Maybe I could make a request for a raise? Grin

I think I could get another 100 instantly with circle if I used my debit card, however I'm not sure if there would be any fees. Not from circle of course, but from my card issuer, charging a cash advance fee...so I'm going to contact my bank account and talk to them about this, I've already e-mailed them. This would help, as all transactions with a card are instant, but there is a $100 weekly limit there Undecided

I wonder if the instant access limit is $100 per deposit, hmm... Say I deposit $300...I'd have instant access to $100. Say I deposit another $200 in a separate transaction, would I have instant access to another $100? Bringing my wallet to $200, until the full $500 is cleared? I doubt it. Probably not. Na... Just a thought.. I'm pretty sure the instant availability is limited to $100 out of the total of incomplete deposits, and there's no way of having instant access to anything more than my limit as long as my deposits are incomplete.

Do you guys have any ideas? I can't imagine anything better than circle, and I feel like I wasted a lot of time until I found circle and certainly don't want to waste that amount of time again. A lot of exchanges don't tell you everything unless you dig for the information or find out from another's experience. Coin.mx sounds almost appealing now, but I just can't afford those fees, especially for the crappy exchange rate. It's funny because before I found circle I thought highly of coin.mx. I would use coinbase, but they only take credit cards, not debit cards. And localbitcoins is the same thing, Paying that western union/money gram fee I might as well be using coin.mx. I suppose I could be doing direct deposits on lbc, depositing to their bank account and them sending my coins, however I need something dependable that I can rely on like clockwork and it's my assumption I would run into problems if relying on lbc.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoingAround

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:28:27 PM

Have you tried trucoin? if you are us-based you could try that.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:32:41 PM

Circle is the best.  It's the only service I use now.

I would look into cash deposits via localbitcoins or a reputable member here.

justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:34:19 PM

cex.io and bit-x.com all accepts credit cards. However, they all need verfications.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:34:48 PM

Try master-p

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=977583.0

He has 2 btc for sale via cash deposit.  He is very trusted on here.
djak24k (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:14:51 PM

Thank you all for your replies.

I've thought about trucoin. What bothers me is the sign up - signing up with my facebook or google + account just seems a little too much. I don't know...maybe I'd let that go. Will you tell me more? Fees? Instant availability?

cex.io and bit-x.com all accepts credit cards. However, they all need verfications.

Hmm, can you tell me more? By verifications I assume you mean it's not instant, there'd be a 3-5 day wait. What about fees?

Thank you for recommending master-p, and cash deposits via localbitcoin. That's definitely a viable option *IF* they are exchanging bitcoin at a good, fair rate.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:13:16 PM

Bit-x or Cex.io. Both are fine.

djak24k (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:17:42 AM

What is it about them that would make them better than circle, in my case?

Looks like neither are in the US, so I would probably be charged fees for using my credit card. Is this correct?
Is it instant? If I'd have to wait 3-5 days for my coins then I might as well stay with circle and wait it out.
swapman

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 04:25:21 PM

have you tried reaching out to Circle and telling them that you're looking to change services since the limit is too low? i think they will boost it maybe if you offer some kind of additional security, but i dont know. try sending them an email though and just explaining the situation, and see how they react.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:50:33 PM

What is it about them that would make them better than circle, in my case?

Looks like neither are in the US, so I would probably be charged fees for using my credit card. Is this correct?
Is it instant? If I'd have to wait 3-5 days for my coins then I might as well stay with circle and wait it out.

I use cex.io, you need to wait a couple hours after depositing to see your money in their account. Then you can make purchase and withdrawals which are instant. Dont know about your fees, I m not in the US.

justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:52:15 PM

Thank you all for your replies.

I've thought about trucoin. What bothers me is the sign up - signing up with my facebook or google + account just seems a little too much. I don't know...maybe I'd let that go. Will you tell me more? Fees? Instant availability?

Hmm, can you tell me more? By verifications I assume you mean it's not instant, there'd be a 3-5 day wait. What about fees?

Thank you for recommending master-p, and cash deposits via localbitcoin. That's definitely a viable option *IF* they are exchanging bitcoin at a good, fair rate.

I don't do verification at bit-x and cex.io as I am not comfortable to give my ID documents to some pretty new exchanges. Even circle requests verfication right now.
djak24k (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:42:44 PM

have you tried reaching out to Circle and telling them that you're looking to change services since the limit is too low? i think they will boost it maybe if you offer some kind of additional security, but i dont know. try sending them an email though and just explaining the situation, and see how they react.

I have. they just told me in the future they will be increasing the limit but right now  my account is too young. I didn't tell them I might be leaving circle though! Ha, doubt I will.

Filled out verification for cex.io. Unless it has something circle doesn't, I have a feeling I will be deleting that account. If I can really get my money within a few hours that sounds like it's good. but, looks like there ARE Fees. we'll see, I'm not gonna do anything till my verification comes back.
djak24k (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:36:28 PM

Well I can't use cex.io because of the state I live in.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:40:16 PM

Well I can't use cex.io because of the state I live in.

Why is that? I wasn't aware Cex.io s got any limitations, after all they are based in London, the heart of EU financial sector.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: