Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you prefer bitcoin, FIAT money or other?
Bitcoin, why?
FIAT money,  why?
other,  why?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you prefer bitcoin, FIAT money or other?  (Read 2514 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:32:47 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 10:25:54 AM by redsn0w

Hey guys,

I've decided to open this thread for ask you now if you are forced to choose between bitcoin and FIAT money (eur, usd, yen, etc...) [1].

What will you choose?[2]

[1] Only an hypothetical case.
[2] With all the flaws and strengths of the two option.
calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:36:25 AM

for balance, maybe conduct the same poll on a general site about money/investing. see if they're okay with having fiat.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:38:04 AM

That's a weird question to ask, don't think we are anywhere close to moment when we would be forced to choose between bitcoin or fiat. Both can co-exist and they probably will for a long time. Besides, the choice is not ours to make, it'd belong to governs and we know very well governs serve a lot more than masses interests Smiley

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:45:27 AM

for balance, maybe conduct the same poll on a general site about money/investing. see if they're okay with having fiat.

I am not registered in other forums, maybe you can open this poll on other forums and after give me the links so I can add them to the post.

That's a weird question to ask, don't think we are anywhere close to moment when we would be forced to choose between bitcoin or fiat. Both can co-exist and they probably will for a long time. Besides, the choice is not ours to make, it'd belong to governs and we know very well governs serve a lot more than masses interests Smiley

Thanks for your post, I have added this line : [1] Only an hypothetical case. I think they can co-exist but the discussion is about if you are forced to choose between bitcoin and fiat oney what will you choose? However I think at one cert point the two things can't exist at the same time, a sort of fight between decentralization and centralization.
Vhawk23

Activity: 153
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:10:23 AM

For me it's Bitcoins
It's the Bitcoins... Do i really to tell you about it?

Okay then, it's a future currency (even the price is kinda low right now)
And, they're untraceable, and anyone can use it(include students)
So which means students can learn about currencies(or to be specific cryptocurrency) Wink
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:24:49 AM

bitcoin of course

the main reason it's because of its decentralization, i want to have always full control about my money

also i don't trust bank at all, they with your money all the time
Jace

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:46:23 AM

100% Bitcoin, why:

• independent of banks, governments or other middle men
  • fair, honest, decentralized money
  • "they" (regardless of who "they" is) can't steal or freeze or block my account
  • anonymous (to certain extent, at least I don't have to identify and shit)
  • unrestricted, no region or country or other bullshit limitations
  • extremely fast
  • extremely easy
  • extremely secure
  • extremely cheap
  • extremely efficient
  • no elite who has the exclusive privilege of creating money by the trillions of out thin air
  • gives me 100% control of whatever the hell I prefer to do with MY money

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:12:18 AM

I am almost losing my faith in Bitcoin. If the exchange hacks and wallet robberies continue like this, then Bitcoin may never go mainstream.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:29:39 AM

because I like shopping online, so I prefer bitcoin because it is very simple and easy transaction Smiley
Jace

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:55:47 AM

I am almost losing my faith in Bitcoin. If the exchange hacks and wallet robberies continue like this, then Bitcoin may never go mainstream.
Exchange hacks and wallet robberies are nothing compared to the scams, lies, cheating, corruption and fraud that banks pull off every single day as part of their regular business.

Sometimes, when you think about it, it's hard to believe that fiat money is still mainstream.

Immortal Tech

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:09:32 PM

I think both have their positives and negatives so I like both. I think they both can work alongside each other too. Bitcoins are good as more of a universal currency so when abroad you don't have to worry about exchnage rates or exorbitant fees to withdraw money, but cash is still king if you want to make a quick purchase for a soda or some candy or something.
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:24:06 PM

For general purposes I prefer fiat money at the moment, because of high bitcoin volatility. I can't be sure if I should spend BTC now or in 1, 2, 7 days...
Also, there are not so many goods available online that I can buy with BTC, that would be shipped at reasonable cost.

Jace

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:29:14 PM

but cash is still king if you want to make a quick purchase for a soda or some candy or something.
You obviously have never been in Arnhem (The Netherlands), Bitcoin Capital of the World Wink

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do a quick purchase with Bitcoin here, with 60+ local merchants (including supermarket and various food shops) accepting Bitcoin.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:34:01 PM

Though I really like bitcoins to succeed, still we can't deny the fact that we are still bound to the burdens of fiat money. However, we, as the "early adopters" of this innovative technology laid before us, were the ones who will drive bitcoin to its highest point: mainstream adoption.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:38:23 PM

I would prefer a mix of both.

Though Bitcoin has its own strengths, it also has weaknesses which makes it NOT a tool for the regular Joe.

Until it gets user friendly and gains momentum, I would keep Fiat as my preferred method. Once we get to the point where crypto currencies become more secure and user-friendly for average user, I'll change my preferred medium to crypto. But then also it will be a mix, not 100% of any of the one.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:40:09 PM

For now I´ll have to prefer good old fiat since bitcoin has about zero acceptance and impact. But I hope that will change in the not too distant future. Good luck, g

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:42:03 PM

but cash is still king if you want to make a quick purchase for a soda or some candy or something.
You obviously have never been in Arnhem (The Netherlands), Bitcoin Capital of the World Wink

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do a quick purchase with Bitcoin here, with 60+ local merchants (including supermarket and various food shops) accepting Bitcoin.

Wow. Never knew a country where merchants accept bitcoin as it is. If only I have BTCBTC to spend, I would definitely include the Netherlands on my list of places that I want to visit. Smiley

Question, do you think I could survive a week in there with only BTCBTC on hand and never do a even a single transaction with fiat?
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:42:52 PM

I'd have to say bitcoin. Fiat still has its uses, it's still fairly hard to live 'off the grid' though some members of this forum have lived fiat free for a respectable amount of time. In the future I would love nothing more than to have my salary paid in bitcoin though I'd be wary of having to cash some of it out (for bills, insurance etc) due to the price volatility.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Immortal Tech

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:45:17 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 01:00:45 PM by Immortal Tech

Irrelevant. Still not quicker than handing over the exact money in fiat. There's also not that much you can buy there nor would I be able to buy much at all with it in Amsterdam so a few niche shops that accept it in a small area isn't that great.  
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:03:52 PM

You obviously do not know how much FIAT gets "lost" when the government does something. Sadly I can't find a correct link for this. The problem is that this doesn't have a real affect on the country (for example the USA), because they just keep making more. With Bitcoin they get dumped somewhere.
It's quite obvious that this is one of the important issues that need to be dealt with, but Bitcoin can't be blamed. The infrastructure supporting it is developing. It will takes time before we have exchanges that will almost be hack-proof.

I'm definitely for Bitcoin. Here's why:
  • independent of banks, governments or other middle men
  • fair, honest, decentralized money
  • "they" (regardless of who "they" is) can't steal or freeze or block my account
  • anonymous (to certain extent, at least I don't have to identify and shit)
  • unrestricted, no region or country or other bullshit limitations
  • extremely fast
  • extremely easy
  • extremely secure
  • extremely cheap
  • extremely efficient
  • no elite who has the exclusive privilege of creating money by the trillions of out thin air
  • gives me 100% control of whatever the hell I prefer to do with MY money

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: