Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:56:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNCMINER trying to screw us one last time!  (Read 3960 times)
P0rny (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:11:36 PM

Question for your lawyers:
I paid a $3,795 invoice (with 418 LTC) as a professional (with EU VAT nr).  Knc wants to refund me something like $580 (at current LTC/USD rate). Is it possible that they respect the law like said in this last answer?

Yep, that sucks and unfortunately your's is not the only case that this has happened to. I have heard of others getting the same emails, as far as I know the lawyers are looking into it and will probably start a separate suit for it... but since this is outside the scope of the current suit I think you will have to write to them yourself and you may, or may not, get an answer.

The reason I say may or may not is, a while back I had a problem but nearly all the lawyers I approached would not give me advice as I was not a client...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
McKinley

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:44:47 AM

On previous refunds for Bitcoin Miners KNC choose to pay back the amount written on the invoice.
If they now choose to do this differently, it looks to me not only as unserious business, but systematic fraud.

Interpreting the law the way the business can choose what to refund, any business could offer a "dream" product. Then wait for payments in other currencies. And some months later, compare the exchange rates and decide which currency to refund - whichever is worth less.
P0rny (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:59:56 PM

A lot of what KNC has been doing lately is (IMHO) outright fraud - but since my opinion, by itself, does not mean much... I contacted the lawyers Smiley

The main problem in modern times seems to be large companies committing "crimes" because they know the victims don't really have the funds / time etc to defend themselves. And even if they do defend themselves and win, its still cheaper than what they had promised so they write it under the "cost of doing business".
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:23:58 PM

A lot of what KNC has been doing lately is (IMHO) outright fraud - but since my opinion, by itself, does not mean much... I contacted the lawyers Smiley

The main problem in modern times seems to be large companies committing "crimes" because they know the victims don't really have the funds / time etc to defend themselves. And even if they do defend themselves and win, its still cheaper than what they had promised so they write it under the "cost of doing business".

If that's of any help: My company paid them in fiat, but they paid back in BTC. So obviously, they don't stick to their policy all the times...
Metaphilibert

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:45:36 AM

On previous refunds for Bitcoin Miners KNC choose to pay back the amount written on the invoice.
If they now choose to do this differently, it looks to me not only as unserious business, but systematic fraud.

Interpreting the law the way the business can choose what to refund, any business could offer a "dream" product. Then wait for payments in other currencies. And some months later, compare the exchange rates and decide which currency to refund - whichever is worth less.

After some mails exchanges, they finally accepted to refund the amount invoiced.

Hi,

We have spoken internally about this while we are careful to follow the Swedish law at all times. We will in this case refund you the btc amount based on the USD rate on the day of the refund. Please note that this applies only to Mini-Titan orders, that have been cancelled by us due to shortage of parts.

We have in the past stated on our website that all refunds for Neptune miners were based in USD, while this was never the case for the Titan products. As we ourselves are cancelling the batch of Mini Titans, we have taken the stance that all Mini Titan customers in this batch, regardless of how they paid, will be refunded the purchase price of USD.

We are sorry that we could not deliver the Mini Titan and we will process the refunds accordingly as quickly as possible.

Please provide your bitcoin wallet address for the refund to be sent to.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards

Keith Gurnett

Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

Logic wins finally, I really hope the people waiting for their never-coming bonus Titan will find a acceptable agreement with Knc
Good luck to you all
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:04:43 PM

We have in the past stated on our website that all refunds for Neptune miners were based in USD,

This is definitively interesting, for they often forced costumers to accept payments in Bitcoin by withholding payments in USD...
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:36:56 PM

I just requested a refund after RMA, and still broken. I've also asked them literally 5-6 times for refund, even before shipping on correct date. I've had it honestly. If they don't refund, it's lawsuit at this point.

I'm not letting them get away with this.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 09:43:49 PM

I just requested a refund after RMA, and still broken. I've also asked them literally 5-6 times for refund, even before shipping on correct date. I've had it honestly. If they don't refund, it's lawsuit at this point.

I'm not letting them get away with this.

Nor should you. It is time these companies are held accountable for their actions!
P0rny (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:48:20 PM

Well, you guys are most welcome to join the (current) lawsuit that I wrote about...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: