Poll
Question: Well, are we? You decide.
Most Definitely
Possible Conclusion
Probably Not
Whatever, To the MOON!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We're falling as of the auction?  (Read 1029 times)
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:40:51 PM

Well a few days after that auctions seems to be as if the coins were auctioned off well below the current market rate at that time. Is it safe to say some of them - if not all- have been brutally dumped? I think so. After this, I battle to see $400 at the end of the year, I suspect some other shit to happen again.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:54:08 PM

If the auctioned coins were dumped, we should be at lower levels than $245 now. According to CoinDesk, 3 parties won. I think the party who won 3000btc is the lowest of the winning bids and they are the only on ones most likely to be dumping. I think auction winners can make more profit by selling coins privately in bulk than dumping on exchanges.

The winnings were divided among the unnamed individuals, with the leading bidder claiming 27,000 BTC ($7.9m at press time). The remainder of the bitcoin was split among two individuals who took winnings of 20,000 BTC ($5.9m) and 3,000 BTC ($885,801), respectively.
http://www.coindesk.com/three-unnamed-bidders-win-latest-us-marshals-bitcoin-auction/
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:07:17 PM

If the auctioned coins were dumped, we should be at lower levels than $245 now. According to CoinDesk, 3 parties won. I think the party who won 3000btc is the lowest of the winning bids and they are the only on ones most likely to be dumping. I think auction winners can make more profit by selling coins privately in bulk than dumping on exchanges.

The winnings were divided among the unnamed individuals, with the leading bidder claiming 27,000 BTC ($7.9m at press time). The remainder of the bitcoin was split among two individuals who took winnings of 20,000 BTC ($5.9m) and 3,000 BTC ($885,801), respectively.
http://www.coindesk.com/three-unnamed-bidders-win-latest-us-marshals-bitcoin-auction/

From about $300 to $237 in a matter of a few days is a pretty big drop. They would make a substantial profit if they sold it privately, but with the current prices, who would buy from private sellers? I'm sure their rate would be noticeably higher.

silkbazar

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:11:08 PM

3k - 1BdmMnKQ417EpUngAnJCYmjYmD9Cud9iZB - itBit exchanger
    20k - 1EAPKSvouAkFJWr5HuNF6wrz4fCN2FBvaY - unknown winner
    27k - 1DPx2UJtwCQ3N8eGiuDoZSCB7x3rAPWcXw - Cumberland Mining & Materials LLC (Syndicate), 2k of it has been sent to 1DmSdpiMk97jv1HQYcBHYERbnh3SYm8hyA a Bitfinex Deposit Address to dump immediately

US marshals next auction: 44k bitcoins
Australian authorities: 24.5k bitcoins
Evaluation admins: around 130k bitcoins http://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/03/18/interview-with-nswgreat-evolution-staff-member/
Many other scammers: infinite k bitcoins and keep growing

CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:30:43 PM

20k - 1EAPKSvouAkFJWr5HuNF6wrz4fCN2FBvaY - unknown winner
Leads to this address: /199BUGp8n52xHvr3hHPTPrA96UkymrN58n
Seems to be holding.

27k - 1DPx2UJtwCQ3N8eGiuDoZSCB7x3rAPWcXw - Cumberland Mining & Materials LLC (Syndicate), 2k of it has been sent to 1DmSdpiMk97jv1HQYcBHYERbnh3SYm8hyA a Bitfinex Deposit Address to dump immediately

US marshals next auction: 44k bitcoins

Great. Definitely something I'd like to hear. They might be pushing small amounts to manipulate to what they want.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:52:51 PM

From about $300 to $237 in a matter of a few days is a pretty big drop. They would make a substantial profit if they sold it privately, but with the current prices, who would buy from private sellers? I'm sure their rate would be noticeably higher.

that 300 was a simply mini pump, not a correction in price or anything else, and i'm not surprised that the price returned to 230, which is the real floor, and i don't think they sold a large portion of those coins inside the market, otherwise the crash would have been bigger

300-230 was pure manipulation
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:16:25 PM

that 300 was a simply mini pump, not a correction in price or anything else, and i'm not surprised that the price returned to 230, which is the real floor, and i don't think they sold a large portion of those coins inside the market, otherwise the crash would have been bigger

hard to think 230 is the floor.  no good news incoming, and it seems like the potential for bad news, ie exchanges losing/stealing money & going under, scam sites stealing money, governments cracking down on btc use is creating a lot of downward pressure.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:19:18 PM

You know, seeing small dumps in the 10k's worth of bitcoins, I can only imagine what 100k bitcoins or a million would do. It would probably send us to the sub zero prices.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:38:33 PM

hard to think 230 is the floor.  no good news incoming, and it seems like the potential for bad news, ie exchanges losing/stealing money & going under, scam sites stealing money, governments cracking down on btc use is creating a lot of downward pressure.

Indeed. Downward pressure might even hit us hard in terms of prices. Weak hands and scared investors might also consider selling at a loss, thinking ahead that they may end up losing most of their investments. 230 might not be the floor that we're seeing right now, but still doing pretty good. Another opportunity to buy. And also, buying from a private seller isn't a good idea, seeing that the market price is comparably lower than the  prices of what a private seller might ask. Such a manipulative market bitcoin has.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:56:26 PM

Well a few days after that auctions seems to be as if the coins were auctioned off well below the current market rate at that time. Is it safe to say some of them - if not all- have been brutally dumped? I think so. After this, I battle to see $400 at the end of the year, I suspect some other shit to happen again.

I don't see why not. It's a simple method to make a good bit of money in a very short time.

They are traders and not looking to fund the charity jar with their generosity.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:59:25 PM

if it is not the floor, is a good wall indeed, because we are there since 3 months already, this make me think that the 230 value should hold strong enough
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:31:00 PM

if it is not the floor, is a good wall indeed, because we are there since 3 months already, this make me think that the 230 value should hold strong enough

The price of 220-250 has hit a numerous amount of times. I think bitcoin will stay around what we're currently at now. Seems as if the true price of bitcoin is 230.
You know, seeing small dumps in the 10k's worth of bitcoins, I can only imagine what 100k bitcoins or a million would do. It would probably send us to the sub zero prices.

I'd assume we'd go no lower than around 60-70. The dumped coins won't stay there forever and the arbitrage should lift us up.

silkbazar

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:36:06 PM

Look, bitcoin dropped another 10$ in these 2 months
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:38:47 PM

The average seems to be back up to about 238 fortunately. I have a feeling it's going to drop back down to round about 225 again in about a few days time.

silkbazar

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:53:04 PM

The average seems to be back up to about 238 fortunately. I have a feeling it's going to drop back down to round about 225 again in about a few days time.

How is that? GBTC is showing overprice buy off. We are on the way dropping back to 230$ already.
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:58:16 PM

Take a look at this https://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD.
I'm actually using a ticker called "bitcoin checker" in my android device, it updated me every 2 minutes. You should take a chance to download it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: