Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinOPX (Options) : some questions  (Read 804 times)
Ichthyo (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:02:28 PM

I've toyed a bit with the BitcoinOPX platform. After the recent changes, it became more interesting, since you're now able to find any currently available options, and since the options can now be executed any time the're in the money (american style).

But I don't understand some details how the platform works? Can someone enlighten me?

I've created and successfully sold some Options (10 BTC lot size). Now, the escrow shows a negative balance. What does that mean?
  • does it mean that the amount put into escrow wasn't sufficient, so my counterparty didn't get all I owed him?
  • or does it mean that I made some additional profit??

Another question:
In the "Positions" table, there are columns "Last", "Change", "Profit/Loss". I'd guess these are related somehow to the gains/losses possible when trading existing options. But in my case, these columns allways show $0. So the question is: what is exactly the meaning of these values, and when will they start do differ from $0 ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: