Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:15:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to restore my wallet from seed. What to do?  (Read 769 times)
entomophagy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:59:43 PM

I was previously using Electrum 1.9.8
It's been 1-2 months since I last accessed my wallet and I upgraded to the new version of electrum only to find that wallet seeds are longer now and my old seed won't work.

I tried reinstalling the old version of electrum but my seed doesn't seem to be working there either. It's showing no transaction history and no balance.

I have my seed memorized but just to make sure I double checked a paper copy of the seed to make sure that it wasn't an issue of me not remembering the correct seed.

How can I generate my wallet so I can transfer my bitcoins to a newer wallet?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 12:36:04 AM

You'll probably have better luck posting your thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:19:52 AM

I was previously using Electrum 1.9.8
It's been 1-2 months since I last accessed my wallet and I upgraded to the new version of electrum only to find that wallet seeds are longer now and my old seed won't work.

I tried reinstalling the old version of electrum but my seed doesn't seem to be working there either. It's showing no transaction history and no balance.

I have my seed memorized but just to make sure I double checked a paper copy of the seed to make sure that it wasn't an issue of me not remembering the correct seed.

How can I generate my wallet so I can transfer my bitcoins to a newer wallet?

Do you see familiar addresses in the wallet once you do a restore? Do you see *any* addresses at all?

Oh and btw 2.0 is backward compatible with 1.9.8 seeds so you don't need to transfer to a new wallet. If you have a copy of the wallet file from 1.9.8 then that will work too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: