Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:00:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will this bubble pop?  (Read 6783 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:00:16 PM

There is even the chance that the whole world economy "pops" at once before the BTC price. Anyway the banksters have the same expectations of all the BTC bulls here:

From: http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/08/a-waiting-game/ :

"I don’t think the banks will lend in to the real economy because they calculate that such a socially useful strategy gives low returns to them. Should they ‘defect’ from this generous strategy and chose instead the selfish strategy of ‘hoard and wait’ then they could make not just a large return but an epic one. They could emerge as owners of everything people will need in order to rebuild their lives. Water, power, rail, hospitals, you name it.

This is what the banks are waiting for. And our politicians are giving them our money so they can."

this is what i've been saying since i came here.  what do you think this does to the price of gold?
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:34:37 PM

Don't quote me on this though.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:46:38 PM

This is what the banks are waiting for. And our politicians are giving them our money so they can."

this is what i've been saying since i came here.  what do you think this does to the price of gold?

I am not so sure. I own gold and silver from 2008, but in case of a proper collapse as it may happen, I think even us gold and BTC bugs are going to be royally phucked like the rest. The best investment would probably be some good piece of land in South America, or an underground nuke-proof bunker and lots of spam.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:54:34 PM

Feeling a little nihilistic?  Undecided
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:09:44 PM

Feeling a little nihilistic?  Undecided

No, just realist: once "they" monopolize even water and/or tax you even for collecting rainwater, owning some gold or BTC is not going to save your butt in the medium term.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:17:09 PM

Feeling a little nihilistic?  Undecided

No, just realist: once "they" monopolize even water and/or tax you even for collecting rainwater, owning some gold or BTC is not going to save your butt in the medium term.
That is already the case.

But they can't sweep every spot, people survived the soviet system and they didn't have the means for creating mesh networks. I doubt they switch off the power grid, they are not that desperate.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:18:28 PM

I've thought so many times that the new high at the time must be the top. I've been wrong every time.

Up we go.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:21:19 PM

I've thought so many times that the new high at the time must be the top. I've been wrong every time.

Up we go.
Me too. But I won't do another non-automated trade, intuition based trading is just too ineffective.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:22:09 PM

you really think the people of the world would let a govt. tax them for collecting rainwater?  there would hopefully be a very strong resistance to any bs like this. i have enough faith in people that we wont let this kind of crap happen.  they wouldnt have enough police to try and stop everyone from collecting rainwater.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:26:52 PM

There is even the chance that the whole world economy "pops" at once before the BTC price. Anyway the banksters have the same expectations of all the BTC bulls here:

From: http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/08/a-waiting-game/ :

"I don’t think the banks will lend in to the real economy because they calculate that such a socially useful strategy gives low returns to them. Should they ‘defect’ from this generous strategy and chose instead the selfish strategy of ‘hoard and wait’ then they could make not just a large return but an epic one. They could emerge as owners of everything people will need in order to rebuild their lives. Water, power, rail, hospitals, you name it.

I have read the article and it begs the question: Is it really the banks not willing to lend or is that many people are not willing to borrow?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:33:32 PM

you really think the people of the world would let a govt. tax them for collecting rainwater?  there would hopefully be a very strong resistance to any bs like this. i have enough faith in people that we wont let this kind of crap happen.  they wouldnt have enough police to try and stop everyone from collecting rainwater.

You are an optimist, aren't you?

Gary Harrington, Oregon Resident, Sentenced To Jail For Stockpiling Rainwater
Posted: 08/16/2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/gary-harrington-oregon-water-rainwater_n_1784378.html

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:39:39 PM

http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/08/a-waiting-game/ :

I have read the article and it begs the question: Is it really the banks not willing to lend or is that many people are not willing to borrow?

Article refers to borrowing by businesses, not consumers. But it is just a detail. The point is that in a shock economy they will be able to get everything for peanuts as always, in order to transform us in s/t worse than medieval serfs. The funny thing is that all this is possible using our money.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:56:22 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/gary-harrington-oregon-water-rainwater_n_1784378.html

does one man really need 13 million gallons of water all for himself? it doesnt take that much water to grow a garden
to feed a family. 
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:47:45 AM

does one man really need 13 million gallons of water all for himself? it doesnt take that much water to grow a garden
to feed a family. 
Bitcon, try this one, then let's get back on topic:
 http://jamesptaylor.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/bolivia-bechtel-and-the-fight-for-public-water/

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:38:24 PM

No bubble here so no popping either... but I am selling some at these levels as we are in dire need of a pullback.  The technical are maxed out on every time scale from what I can see and its going to be more profitable to be a bear for the next couple days/weeks I think.

Well with last nights spikes my trading funds are now all USD... Nice daily doji candle could turn into red volume very easily... daily slow stoch has crossed down. 

I say the top is in.

Just wanted to point out the I was wrong...

Should I rebuy in for a loss like the rest of the tempbears?
axus

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:03:49 PM

No bubble here so no popping either... but I am selling some at these levels as we are in dire need of a pullback.  The technical are maxed out on every time scale from what I can see and its going to be more profitable to be a bear for the next couple days/weeks I think.

Well with last nights spikes my trading funds are now all USD... Nice daily doji candle could turn into red volume very easily... daily slow stoch has crossed down. 

I say the top is in.

Bitcoin prices can only go up.  Bitcoin will continue it's inexorable %10 weekly daily rise.  Anyone who buys now, will be billionaires.  Those who don't, will be stuck with worthless fiat currency and live in tents.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:08:57 PM

I say the top is in.

Bitcoin prices can only go up.

I thought the same thing last summer.

Its kinda sad to see the market hasnt learned its lesson.
Uglux

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:11:52 PM

Bitcoin prices can only go up.  Bitcoin will continue it's inexorable %10 weekly daily rise.  Anyone who buys now, will be billionaires.  Those who don't, will be stuck with worthless fiat currency and live in tents.
You forgot the "</sarcasm>" Smiley
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:12:28 PM

I say the top is in.

I spit out my coffee when I read this.  Bravo sir. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
kentrolla

Activity: 1596
Merit: 566

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 03:27:41 PM

u guys are forgetting that when this bubble pops mtgox will just crash, revealing the bear's move.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀